Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2020

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

That blondie one is clueless!

She's hot though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Eddie is the best expert. A lot of us felt he spoofed a bit but over the last few episodes we've seen his worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

Aoife Hearne and Karl Henry have been stealing a living by using this programme for the last few years.

Her job is basically a mix of rehashed advice available from state agencies along with recipes lifted from healthy food blogs.

Karl the "personal trainer" used to dnf at more running races than he finished. Lives off the soft targets of people with too much money and no motivation to do anything for themselves with regards to personal fitness and health.

Aoife Hearne and Karl Henry have been stealing a living by using this programme for the last few years.

Her job is basically a mix of rehashed advice available from state agencies along with recipes lifted from healthy food blogs.

Karl the "personal trainer" used to dnf at more running races than he finished. Lives off the soft targets of people with too much money and no motivation to do anything for themselves with regards to personal fitness and health.

Wow! Loads of dnfs in 10k, half marathons?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Didn't see the programme tonight, but fully agree.
    The two of them are complete spoofers in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Karl Henry is a v bad personal trainer i my opinion. A few seriws back highlighted it. Here again a guy with a leg injury needs to rest the legs. What does Karl do gives out to him for not moving. If Karl had basic cop on he would have altered the guys exercise plan and taken him to a swimming pool. Even if the guy cant swim there are plenty of exercises he could do which lower the impacts on his legs and joint. It was the same with an amputee a few series back. The poor leader was in agony until half ways through and then Karl decided to take him to the local swimming pool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭bilbot79

She's hot though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

When you're trying to lose weight, do something that's sustainable longterm, that includes heading out. The girl lost weight and had a few drinks, where's the problem? Ridiculous stuff from those 'experts'.

She probably thinks she lost muscle 🀣

harr wrote: »
    They all have deeper issues.............

The two lads are man children.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,274 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

harr wrote: »
    For **** sake she had a cheat night and still lost weight and they are giving out. If you don’t have a cheat meal every few weeks you will very quickly fall off the wagon .. Eddie is spot on with this she needed a nights break. She didn’t exactly go mad and did extra work to compensate.
    I would at this stage question how good or knowledgeable that nutritionist is ..
    Totally agree, fair play to her for standing up for herself as well, no date night in a year or more.
    3 glasses of prosecco, lost weight, they need to chill out.

Also I am sorry but Karl doesn't look like a personal trainer to me...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Karl Henry is a v bad personal trainer i my opinion. A few seriws back highlighted it. Here again a guy with a leg injury needs to rest the legs. What does Karl do gives out to him for not moving. If Karl had basic cop on he would have altered the guys exercise plan and taken him to a swimming pool. Even if the guy cant swim there are plenty of exercises he could do which lower the impacts on his legs and joint. It was the same with an amputee a few series back. The poor leader was in agony until half ways through and then Karl decided to take him to the local swimming pool

Just caught up. I fast forwarded through everything Karl Henry had to say. Which was a lot, unfortunately. Shown up as clueless, and not for the first time IMO.
    Glad that Barry and Andrea said something about his ridiculous advice to Barry.

Couldn't bear to listen to what Karl and Aoife had to say to Tanya. How could they try to take the good out of the fact that she had a night out, knowing that she has been so lacking in confidence about going out. FFS. I caught the bit about 'the leaders having responsibility' from the sanctimonious Karl. :rolleyes:

Fair play to Eddie. I think he got things right.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Coly5

walshb wrote: »
    I disagree. I think it’s hammed up. Contrived nonsense!

The whole world these days is suffering the blues!!

That’s your opinion, but there are many, myself included who have been there and would disagree with you! I had a bad relationship with food for a long time, but only realised in the last 9months what was causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Icsics wrote: »
    Does anybody do those ad break challenges?

Yup.
    I couldn't do the full 3 minutes of the clapping because my shoulder started to click and hurt but I did the full lunges and can feel it this morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

I'd say he couldnt squat bench or deadlift to save his life . Strikes me as someone who mentored from Richard Simmons

• Registered Users Posts: 54,983 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Coly5 wrote: »
    That’s your opinion, but there are many, myself included who have been there and would disagree with you! I had a bad relationship with food for a long time, but only realised in the last 9months what was causing it.

Half the bloody world has a "bad" relationship with food. If we didn't we'd likely be more down in the dumps.

I simply said that they ham it up for entertainment value...

That is the world today. An incessant urge to tell people everything...and to exaggerate more and more to get their points across.

This show is just another entertainment show, with some educational material thrown in.

walshb wrote: »
    Half the bloody world has a "bad" relationship with food. If we didn't we'd likely be more down in the dumps.

I simply said that they ham it up for entertainment value...

That is the world today. An incessant urge to tell people everything...and to exaggerate more and more to get their points across.

This show is just another entertainment show, with some educational material thrown in.

Yeah , that’s true, but maybe if it helps ppl understand their underlying issues it can have a positive impact?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

Coly5 wrote: »
    Yeah , that’s true, but maybe if it helps ppl understand their underlying issues it can have a positive impact?

Do you realise that is the exact same justification used by Jeremy Kyle and Gerry Springer.

It is nasty and exploitative. It gets its ratings from making fat people in too tight lycra cry. The fitness and nutritional rubbish it uses to try stay respectable is cynical and pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,617 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

A lot mentions about how the contestants seem to have underlying issues and very harsh backstories. Am I right to say that it has only been this season and the one before that the producers have gone down this route?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

Muahahaha wrote: »
    A lot mentions about how the contestants seem to have underlying issues and very harsh backstories. Am I right to say that it has only been this season and the one before that the producers have gone down this route?

Dr Eddies Circle of Truth has been a feature of the audition process for at least a few years.

Only those with emotional issues that are prepared to reveal them and cry for the nation make it through to the next round.

robinbird wrote: »
    Do you realise that is the exact same justification used by Jeremy Kyle and Gerry Springer.

It is nasty and exploitative. It gets its ratings from making fat people in too tight lycra cry. The fitness and nutritional rubbish it uses to try stay respectable is cynical and pointless.

Agree, that the way in which things are framed is poor, not fair to those taking part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Just caught up with this week's episode, would agree worth previous posters, Eddie was the stand out for me. A rock of sense and so encouraging. I love Barry and Andrea, think they are a great couple. Think last week was a turning point for Shane, and that was down to Eddie also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

There really is no requirement for the nutritionist and doctor there every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Fair play to Shane, this illness has been a significant issue in his young life.

Wow, Paul OT2019 looks fab!

Fair play to Shane, this illness has been a significant issue in his young life.

Looks much better (Paul) still a few pounds to lose.

Paul looks great he has lost a bit more weight but he looks a huge amount happier

Lorraine is very pretty. My first mini crush on an OT leader :)

Karl...is...such...a....d#ck

Ah Shane and Lorraine are great pals.
    Both lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Lorraine is lazy, her effort levels are minimal.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 17,767 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Naggdefy wrote: »
    Lorraine is very pretty. My first mini crush on an OT leader :)

Looks very like Anna Geary.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,582 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

I genuinely wonder how Lorraine would do if she was with Slimming World or Weight Watchers?
    Cos if this plan isn't working, is it the plan or the person?

Advertisement