Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

“Will you have the burden of me as your husband?” :D

I suppose it’s better than “would you like to be buried with my people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Azatadine

This thing has passed its sell by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

My mistake. I thought it was a competition over the 8 weeks and the person who lost the most weight won.
    I’m confused now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Vologda69 wrote: »
    Its meant to be the leaders night...and Thomas stealing their thunder with the gown and size zero waist

Her big arse made up for her size zero waist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Ladybird18

Her big arse made up for her size zero waist

If she has a big arse half of Ireland is obese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Azatadine wrote: »

As long as people continue to watch it, the powers that be in RTÉ and Vision Independent Media don't care.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

8 weeks is a piss take, needs to be a minimum of 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭robinbird

JJayoo wrote: »

Definitely and on at least three times a week. Let's work together to get the 5K times down to 30mins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

i don't watch it because i feel it humiliates people especially the men having to strip to just shorts, but i know alot of people who are motivated by it, and lost lots of weight following it, so i think it's a great thing, a girl in my job who is late thirties and was obese has lost about 4 stone because of this show and she's like a new woman, you can't argue with that we're all different and need different motivations

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Fair play to Shane - you could see a big change on him both physically and mentally.
    The rest of them - you could see how much happier they seem, especially the couple and Lorraine is so bubbly. But a few of them still have a long way to go on their "weight loss journey".

In relation to the 5km - if you haven't ever done one before because you felt you were too unfit, to then complete one when you thought you wouldn't be able to is a personal achievement.
    In relation to the finish times - it's all relative. I only started getting under 30 mins for 5kms recently and I've been running for years - I've plenty of 5ks, 10ks and a few half marathons under my belt. I just a slower runner but I get out and run and exercise. I'm involved in my local running community where people run 5km from under 18mins to over 38 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Was the final show really badly produced? I only watched some of it but it seemed very badly edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

*Cup of tea there Maureen while I watch this final.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Aye, no sign of that cock since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Elmo wrote: »
    Was the final show really badly produced? I only watched some of it but it seemed very badly edited.

Another whinge fest, tears from all contestants.

JJayoo wrote: »

Going by the contestants they choose the majority of them go back to their old lifestyles as soon as the show ends. It would also be hard on them to be crying and whinging for 6 months.

i don't watch it because i feel it humiliates people especially the men having to strip to just shorts, but i know alot of people who are motivated by it, and lost lots of weight following it, so i think it's a great thing, a girl in my job who is late thirties and was obese has lost about 4 stone because of this show and she's like a new woman, you can't argue with that we're all different and need different motivations

She lost the weight because she wanted to and had the will power to do it, the show only got her started.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Only in this country would you have people giving out and complaining about people doing something and losing weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Just catching up with this now and yes I agree with those who have said that it had to much focus on the 5k .. to run/walk a 5k in 40 minutes isn’t that great and to be fair most walked it .. Shane and Barry put in the most effort. Not being able to run 5 k after 8 weeks is poor .. Thousands of people do the couch to 5k every year no problem and people of all shapes and sizes.
    The weight loss for most was good and fair dues to them I hope they keep it up but for one individual not to even lose the stone was a poor performance in that length of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,222 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I dont know how anyone takes that programme seriously when Spoofer Eddie is part of it.

Only in this country would you have people giving out and complaining about people doing something and losing weight.

Yep it would t happen in any other country, who’s complaining? Just calling out the show for the farce it is.

• Advertisement

I dont know how anyone takes that programme seriously when Spoofer Eddie is part of it.

It’s a close second behind fair city as the best comedy in RTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I thought it notable that Shanes dad wasnt there for the final show, probably didnt want to acknowledge how well he had done
    harr wrote: »
    The weight loss for most was good and fair dues to them I hope they keep it up but for one individual not to even lose the stone was a poor performance in that length of time.

Presume you're talking about Lorraine here? Thought the same myself, after an 8 week diet and exercise program she should be losing more than a stone. I dont think she stuck with the diet plan as she was on the radio with D'arcy yesterday talking again about 'foosies' and how they're always in the house and that she horses them into her daughter. If you're trying to lose weight having multi-packs of chocolate bars and crisps in the kitchen drawers is not a good idea, the temptation is just too great.

Yeah agreed. The concept of a weight loss show is a good one but the format of OT is now tired and dated. They should come up with something new but I doubt that will happen, RTE love flogging a dead horse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,396 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    Yep it would t happen in any other country, who’s complaining? Just calling out the show for the farce it is.

It's a show with proven history of getting people up and exercising who possibly wouldn't have done so otherwise. It's harmless TV so I just don't see why it's such an issue for people on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I thought it notable that Shanes dad wasnt there for the final show, probably didnt want to acknowledge how well he had done.

And conversely I thought Andrea's mum seemed as proud as punch of her daughter, she was so emotional and teary. Compared with how she was earlier in the series.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,514 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Shane looks absolutely brilliant
    KatW4 wrote: »
    I cried watching him. He looks amazing. So delighted for such a lovely person!!

Absolutely. A different man. Lovely to see how his confidence increased, over the few months.

I really liked all of them, this year. I think they are very brave to open up their lives to the scrutiny of tv viewers. I could not do that, for anything.

So, well done to all, and I hope that their path to better health continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,040 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Absolutely. A different man. Lovely to see how his confidence increased, over the few months.

I really liked all of them, this year. I think they are very brave to open up their lives to the scrutiny of tv viewers. I could not do that, for anything.

So, well done to all, and I hope that their path to better health continues.
    Totally agree really liked them all this year.
    Lorraine was the one that really connected with me I got quite emotional tbh.
    Shane looked amazing even with the horrendous dancing lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

I see the Thomas one still craving attention

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    And conversely I thought Andrea's mum seemed as proud as punch of her daughter, she was so emotional and teary. Compared with how she was earlier in the series.

Yeah deinitely a sea change. What was it her mother had said at the beginning of the series, something about being embarrassed by Andrea on her wedding day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm surprised by how critical and harsh a lot of people are here.

These people were putting themselves forward in an attempt to set their lives on a better path. It takes guts to do that particularly on TV in front of millions. I think some of the commentators here were watching just to complain about the show afterwards.

I thought Shane particularly stood out for me. He seems transformed in personality as well as lifestyle.

On the running point I ran regularly for years (before an injury) I never ran a sub 30 min 5km even when I was doing it 3/4 times a week. However I could maintain my pace at 5 miles, 10km and 10 miles.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

I'm surprised by how critical and harsh a lot of people are here.

These people were putting themselves forward in an attempt to set their lives on a better path. It takes guts to do that particularly on TV in front of millions. I think some of the commentators here were watching just to complain about the show afterwards.

Its typical of Ireland as a whole imo. We are a nation of begrudgers and whingers. The majority of people aren't happy unless they are complaining about something.

Advertisement