Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

Hi Pat

10 ml city on fire
    30 ml - whispers in library

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'll take 20ml of Whispers in the Library, and 10ml of the Rasputin please Pat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Hey Pat, I'd love to take 20ml Tabarome, 10ml Noir Extreme and 10ml Winter woods please.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭JayReale

Hi Pat, Are you expecting any Amouage Splits (mainly interested in Beach Hut or Jubiliation) in the coming months? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

JayReale wrote: »
    Hi Pat, Are you expecting any Amouage Splits (mainly interested in Beach Hut or Jubiliation) in the coming months? Thanks!

Jubilation: probably not until later this year. Beach Hut: might be able to sort something, will need to get back to you. Have an eye out for Reflection too.

• Advertisement

OK, updates on the new stuff from the recent post:

Green Irish Tweed: this is now ordered and on the way to me. I've got five 50ml slots left @ €80 a pop.
    Creed Tabarome: ordering shortly, have up to 30ml available @ €22/42/61 for 10/20/30ml.
    Penhaligon's As Sawira: in hand, plenty available.
    A City on Fire: down to the last 10ml - probably last chance you'll get to sample this smoky beast @ €14.50/25 for 5/10ml.
    Swedoft Rasputin: last 10ml left.
    Swedoft Mysterious Shadow: all 30ml available @ €16/10ml, or €31 for 20ml (new split size - this can come in the original 30ml bottle if required).
    Marliega Whispers in the Library: 50ml requested of 100ml available: need another ~20ml taken before it goes ahead. €13.50 for 10ml, €26 for 20ml, €37.50 for 30ml, or €52.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.
    Tom Ford Noir Extreme: 60ml requested of 100ml available: need another 10ml taken before it goes ahead. €16 for 10ml, €29 for 20ml, €42.50 for 30ml.
    Burren Winter Woods: three 10ml left @ €8.50 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

OK, updates on the new stuff from the recent post:

Green Irish Tweed: this is now ordered and on the way to me. I've got five 50ml slots left @ €80 a pop.
    Creed Tabarome: ordering shortly, have up to 30ml available @ €22/42/61 for 10/20/30ml.
    Penhaligon's As Sawira: in hand, plenty available.
    A City on Fire: down to the last 10ml - probably last chance you'll get to sample this smoky beast @ €14.50/25 for 5/10ml.
    Swedoft Rasputin: last 10ml left.
    Swedoft Mysterious Shadow: all 30ml available @ €16/10ml, or €31 for 20ml (new split size - this can come in the original 30ml bottle if required).
    Marliega Whispers in the Library: 50ml requested of 100ml available: need another ~20ml taken before it goes ahead. €13.50 for 10ml, €26 for 20ml, €37.50 for 30ml, or €52.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.
    Tom Ford Noir Extreme: 60ml requested of 100ml available: need another 10ml taken before it goes ahead. €16 for 10ml, €29 for 20ml, €42.50 for 30ml.
    Burren Winter Woods: three 10ml left @ €8.50 each.

I'll take 10ml of Tabarome and 10ml of Noir Extreme to get it moving :)

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

I'll take the 20ml of whispers in the library to get that over the line...

Tabarome, Noir Extreme, and Whispers in the Library all ordered (along with something VERY hypeish and pricey for later split!)!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I'll take 30ml Noir Extreme if you have it left!

• Advertisement

Skuxx wrote: »
    I'll take 30ml Noir Extreme if you have it left!

That's all the Noir Extreme gone now.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

hi Pat, two splits arrived safely today, thanks One hour later to allow for dry down my 10 cents on both below:

Mousse Illuminee - loved this on sniffing out of the bottle. Has retained a sweetness on dry down but not in a bad way. Great sillage on this I'd say it'd last all day.

City on Fire - as you say a beast when first out of the bottle! Has dried down to something not definably smoky but a really mature and pleasant scent.

I put the tiniest amount of each on the back of my hands by unscrewing the bottles, both should last ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Caroleia wrote: »
    hi Pat, two splits arrived safely today, thanks One hour later to allow for dry down my 10 cents on both below:

Mousse Illuminee - loved this on sniffing out of the bottle. Has retained a sweetness on dry down but not in a bad way. Great sillage on this I'd say it'd last all day..

I echo these comments, have it on about ten minutes and I'm loving the freshness to it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Got a smell very recently of creed silver mountain water. Very nice!!

Yeah, getting great reports on the Mousse Illuminee - the hype is deserved in this case! Wearing it myself today - it really is an unashamed old school masculine powerhouse. Performance seems fantastic - not so much the projection (although that is very good), but it just keeps on going into the next day. One member has already bought a full bottle (and it's not easy to get, or cheap).

It sold out quickly but Manuel was pretty generous with his bottle filling so I have one additional 10ml available at €20.50 (in plastic) - grab this now because I may not have it again.

I've also got the following:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml.
    Creed - Green Irish Tweed: €80 per 50ml (due soon - come on An Post!).
    Thierry Mugler - Pure Malt: Whiskey accented designer scent, but not overly boozy. €9 for 10ml, or €16 for 20ml. Only 20ml left. Price reduced!
    Berdoues - Arz El-Rab: cedar, ginger, lemon and pepper - this is very wearable and smells a lot more upmarket than its price suggests; a little bargain. €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31.50 for 30ml, or €42.50 for 50ml (in original 100ml bottle). 50ml left. Recommended.
    Mancera - Royal Vanilla: Opens with soft, warm vanilla before toughening up with patchouli and amber. €11.50 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, or €30 for 30ml.[/b] 30ml portion in original 120ml bottle if wanted.
    Creed - Tabarome: Fresh, herbal tobacco. €22 for 10ml, €42 for 20ml. 20ml available; due shortly.
    Penhaligon's - As Sawira: midweight oud drying down to saffron and spice. From the high end Trade Routes collection. €15.50 for 10ml, €29 for 20ml, €41.50 for 30ml or €61.50 for 50ml. 50ml in original 100ml bottle and box.
    Imaginary Authors - A City on Fire: a cult hit: beastly smoke drying down to wood. €14.50 for 5ml (note volume)or €25 for 10ml. 10ml available.
    Swedoft - Rasputin: cloves, spice, chocolate, incense - and more. High quality, this frag has piqued quite a bit of interest online. €16 for 10ml - one only, plastic.
    Swedoft - Mysterious Shadow: Masculine Lavender, Bergamot, Patchouli , wood, and spices - perhaps some Parfums de Marly touches? €16/10ml, or €31 for 20ml (20ml can come in the original 30ml bottle if required).
    Maison Margiela - Whispers in the Library: Vanilla and pepper, drying down to cedar and other woods. €13.50 for 10ml, or €26 for 20ml. 20ml available. Due shortly.
    Burren Perfumery - Winter Woods: mix of herbs and woods from Irish brand to watch Burren. €8.50 for 10ml. Three left.

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Got a smell very recently of creed silver mountain water. Very nice!!

Must say it does little for me - but maybe that's just me!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 maxmo

Pat I'll take the mousse Illuminee, Winter Woods.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Heading out for a meal with another couple this evening.
    Gonna give Kalan it's first outting.

Will let ye know if it turns us off our grub! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Bada Bing Boy

Soarer wrote: »
    Heading out for a meal with another couple this evening.
    Gonna give Kalan it's first outting.

Will let ye know if it turns us off our grub! ;)

Go easy with the beast! More than 3 sprays, you will fill the room😠personally I love Kalan and find it very unique, but my missus thinks it's rotten! You will be sure to get a reaction with it...

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EllaC

Hi Padraig

Do you ever have French Leather by Memo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Go easy with the beast! More than 3 sprays, you will fill the room😠personally I love Kalan and find it very unique, but my missus thinks it's rotten! You will be sure to get a reaction with it...

You’re obviously not married to Demi Rawling!

She thinks it’s ace! :)

EllaC wrote: »
    Hi Padraig

Do you ever have French Leather by Memo?

I had its sibling Russian Leather recently, but have no current plans for French Leather. I can get in a 200ml of Irish Leather alright but I'd be surprised if there were enough interest for that TBH.

Just a quick reminder folks that I have shedloads of empty Creed 500ml flacons (and some 250ml) and a good few Tom Ford 250ml too - can be nice for decoration or even stick a candle or lights in them. Free of charge (empty Aventus flacons go for €20+ on eBay!) to previous split participants but must be collected in Cork - shipping them is way too risky due to size / fragility. Just drop me a PM or mail if yiz will be in Cork and want any.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Just a quick reminder folks that I have shedloads of empty Creed 500ml flacons (and some 250ml) and a good few Tom Ford 250ml too - can be nice for decoration or even stick a candle or lights in them. Free of charge (empty Aventus flacons go for €20+ on eBay!) to previous split participants but must be collected in Cork - shipping them is way too risky due to size / fragility. Just drop me a PM or mail if yiz will be in Cork and want any.

Hi pat

I'll take 50ml of Irish tweed and 10ml of Creed Tabarome to try. Would also love a couple of aventus 500ml falcons is you have them to spare

Usual meeting spot in a couple of weeks

Thanks
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I picked up a 100 ml bottle of Beau de Jour from Debenhams yesterday. I'm not noticing a difference between this version and the Private Blend version.

Got the 100 ml for €117 down from €138.

Two of your best drops yet Pat! Rasputin and even the wife commented on it, just looking it up there and they do a womens version, any idea if you'd be getting that?

The second is the Mousse Illuminee, outstanding and hands down my new favourite fragrance. Both well received by the wife

hitemfrank wrote: »
    I picked up a 100 ml bottle of Beau de Jour from Debenhams yesterday. I'm not noticing a difference between this version and the Private Blend version.

Top, top price for that juice. Absolutely full bottle worthy at that cost. I'll be listing the new BdJ next month anyway - couple of bottles on the way (pity I didn't see that Debenham's pricing but hey!).
    Mc Love wrote: »
    Two of your best drops yet Pat! Rasputin and even the wife commented on it, just looking it up there and they do a womens version, any idea if you'd be getting that?

The second is the Mousse Illuminee, outstanding and hands down my new favourite fragrance. Both well received by the wife

Yeah, Rasputin has elements of Clive Christian X, a considerably more expensive fragrance*. It's almost edible in its spiciness. TBH I didn't know they did the women's as well - may look at that at some stage.

Mousse: hugely positive feedback on this. One guy has already ordered a full bottle from the States! I may get their Chypre Siam in at a later time.

*Fancy a chance of winning some FREE Clive Christian? I'll be giving some away next month!

AVENTUS NEWS
    There's always been a lot of talk online about Aventus being changed / reformulated etc - 99% of which is absolute bull. Well, this time it looks like it's official - Aventus has almost certainly been reformulated as of batch 19Y01. Creed have not said this directly, but the official list of fragrance notes has changed which surely indicates a reformulation - the presumption is that this is in response to the latest IFRA restrictions on fragrance ingredients which ban / cut back on many common ingredients, and which will affect a lot of fragrances. The new batch is already out in the wild. The feedback so far is......poor to say the least. Now, bearing in mind the bull**** ratio mentioned above re Aventus I would be hugely wary of taking these claims at face value and I would presume they're over exaggerated........but it's always possible they're correct - I don't know because I haven't smelled it yet.

Anyway, I've ordered an extra flacon in which arrived yesterday and which is pre-reformulation batch 19S01. If you really really want to ensure you get some more pre-reformulation ('Classic'?) Aventus this may be your last chance - beyond that flacon, although it may be possible, I can't guarantee getting an 'old' batch.

Mousse: hugely positive feedback on this. One guy has already ordered a full bottle from the States!

I think I might have to myself

*Fancy a chance of winning some FREE Clive Christian? I'll be giving some away next month!

Yes Please

• Registered Users Posts: 19,675 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

hitemfrank wrote: »

how come it was reduced?

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »
    I think I might have to myself
    It's a bit of a pain to get though. I have a feeling it's not available in Europe - or maybe one or two places? Most people order from Manuel himself on Etsy and it ships from the States - meaning a bit of worry re Customs etc (I didn't get hit). The shipping is slow too - took a week to get from one side of LA to the other!
    Cyrus wrote: »
    how come it was reduced?
    I think Debenhams have a general 15% off beauty or something.

Advertisement