Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Tom Fod Beau de Jour (in the signature range) now appearing online with Irish retailers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Following the requests above I'm getting in a bottle of Tom Ford - Oud Wood. I have 20ml available at €24.50 for 10ml (glass or plastic), or €47 for 20ml (plastic) if anyone wants a drop!

I'll take 10ml please

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Oud Wood all gone!

Updated 13/1/20 :

Notes

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Further details are in the OP of this thread. Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

As well as the below, I also have the following available in hand as of 13/1/2020:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml. A few left.
    Mancera - Cedrat Boise: like a thicker, jammier Aventus. €12.50 for 10ml. One only left (plastic).

Reduced prices:
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Oud eau de parfum: Creamy, smooth oud and cedar, unisex. €20 for 10ml, €38 for 20ml, or €45 for 25ml. Only 25ml left. Prices reduced!
    Montale - Spicy Aoud: Dark oud with soft saffron and orange. Unisex leaning feminine. €8 for 10ml, €15 for 20ml, or €20 for 30ml. 40ml available. Prices reduced again to clear.
    MDCI Parfums - Fetes Persanes: Rare opportunity to pick this female scent up, €20 for 10ml, one only. Price reduced!
    Bvlgari - Man: Black Orient: An intense oriental, featuring leather, oud and rum. Well worth a try. €10/10ml, €19/20ml, or €27/30ml. 30ml available. Prices reduced!
    Thierry Mugler - Pure Malt: whiskey notes but not overly boozy. €9 for 10ml, or €16 for 20ml. 20ml left. Price reduced!

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

LUBIN
    375x500.16493.jpg

Akkad *in hand*
    Amber, olibanum, elemi, styrax, labdanum, clary sage – this sounds like it’d be right at home in the lineup of Amouage or Xerjoff. And those are good reference points – Akkad is an eastern style warm spicy amber. Very high quality and a safe unisex. I gave this an all day run recently and it really is very good - couldn't stop smelling my wrist! Very high Fragrantica rating at 4.42 / 5. Some reviews:

"Amazing amber! Most incredible dry down of a fragrance ever! Deliciously addictive sticky resinous amber accord with a powdery vanilla. It has an airy aromatic opening with the mandarin, bergamot, cardamom and clary sage."

"The best amber scent I have ever smelled. Cuts thru the cold air like a knife. When I wear this I know that no one smells better."

"Sensual, perfectly unisex with moderate sillage and projection, the fragrance slowly and very surreptitiously evolves on your skin. A true triumph of modern perfumery."

"Smokey,spicey with some sweetness. This smells exactly how it should. Deep,rich and warm. The complexity outshines any of the CDG Incense Series scents IMO. Majority of the notes are detected and this is easier to wear. Much more of a cold weather scent that is versatile enough for women and men, day or night. Performance is excellent."

€20 for 10ml, €37.50 for 20ml, €55 for 30ml or €84 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in very attractive original 100ml bottle and box.

................................................................................................................

BERDOUES
    234722-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Arz E-Rab *in hand*
    A bit of belter from under the radar brand Berdoues. Notes for this list cedar, ginger and iris. I get the first two but not the iris - seems to be a good dash of lemon and pepper in there too. Pushing more towards Spring material here, but for the price this is really very good and a pretty safe wear.
    €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31.50 for 30ml, or €42.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REDUCED REDUCED REDUCED:

NASOMATTO
    375x500.12130.jpg

Pardon *in hand*
    I’ve been asked to feature Nasomatto plenty of times.....so here you are! Pardon is perhaps their best, with dark chocolate leading the charge, supported by oud, sandalwood, sweet tonka and spices. Another extrait so super performance. Nasomatto only sell in 30ml bottles (but still at a high price!) so I’m splitting this a bit differently to usual. I’ve stuck 1ml volumes into sample tubes (plain label) for the bargain price of €5 – these are only available as an add on to another order. RRP €124 / 30ml
    €5 for 1ml Add on to other order only - plastic sample bottle and plain label. Three left.

................................................................................................................

MANCERA
    496397.jpg

Royal Vanilla *in hand*
    Opens with soft, warm vanilla before toughening up with patchouli and amber. Being a Mancera, performance is guaranteed. A cosy winter scent.
    €11.50 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €30 for 30ml, or €40 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box. 50ml left.

ROJA PARFUMS
    375x500.57876.jpg

Enigma Parfum Cologne *in hand*
    Shrouded in a swirl of Cognac and Tobacco, a suave figure sits cool and composed at the bar of a private members’ club - where the scent of Woods and Leather pervade. Dressed in a way that defies the club rules, this alluring presence is definitely unexpected. Why is he here? How did he get in? You cannot take your eye off this mysterious man. Warm touches of spice blend with soft Vanilla and Benzoin, which create a sense of ambiguity - nothing is quite what it seems.”. Roja have released several of their most popular scents in a new 'parfum cologne' concentration - these appear to be replacing the current eaux de parfums so presumably are around that strength. Reports on Enigma PC suggest it's a slightly fresher take than the original, and longevity is good. What's for sure though is that it is a LOT cheaper than the shockingly expensive extrait.
    €30 for 7.5ml official glass travel atomiser (boxed). One only! RRP €46+.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gerfmurphy

Email sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Heya Pat, back in work, bottles received packed perfectly as always. Love the viking it smells incredible!

jim o doom wrote: »
    Heya Pat, back in work, bottles received packed perfectly as always. Love the viking it smells incredible!

Yeah, Viking is top alright. As I expected, it also seems to be getting very good reviews now after the initial harsh reception. I'm almost out myself so may have a little more available shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Yeah, Viking is top alright. As I expected, it also seems to be getting very good reviews now after the initial harsh reception. I'm almost out myself so may have a little more available shortly.

Hey Pat - I'd be interested in Viking if you're getting some more in

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SteM

Keep me in mind if you do please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Would also like to try Viking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Hi pat

Can you stick me down for 3x50ml aventus and 1x50ml PARFUMS DEMARLY

Do you have any Irish tweed ? Have a friend looking for a sample

I will can down as usual

Thanks
    Paul.

pm. wrote: »
    Hi pat

Can you stick me down for 3x50ml aventus and 1x50ml PARFUMS DEMARLY

Do you have any Irish tweed ? Have a friend looking for a sample

I will can down as usual

Thanks
    Paul.

Will drop you a mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Sorry for posting on this thread but seeing as people here are familiar with frags... I have a bottle of Tuscan Leather which is about 90% full but really I'm not a fan of the smoky fragrance and much prefer Tobacco Vanille / Beau de Jour ... reckon I'd be able to sell on the bottle?

Cost €188 so roughly what would I get for it seeing as it's 90% full, about €120 ?

mrcheez wrote: »
    Sorry for posting on this thread but seeing as people here are familiar with frags... I have a bottle of Tuscan Leather which is about 90% full but really I'm not a fan of the smoky fragrance and much prefer Tobacco Vanille / Beau de Jour ... reckon I'd be able to sell on the bottle?

Cost €188 so roughly what would I get for it seeing as it's 90% full, about €120 ?

TBH I'd say you'd be doing well to get that much, just based on prices I see in various places. Used stuff has far less of a market than sealed and there's a lot of counterfeit juice out there. Main problem is where to sell it. I wouldn't touch eBay. Adverts may be worth a shot, but it's littered with fakes. If you have original receipt it'd help.

TBH I'd say you'd be doing well to get that much, just based on prices I see in various places. Used stuff has far less of a market than sealed and there's a lot of counterfeit juice out there. Main problem is where to sell it. I wouldn't touch eBay. Adverts may be worth a shot, but it's littered with fakes. If you have original receipt it'd help.

I do indeed. I'll give Adverts a shot.

When I first tried it I liked it, but I think that's because I also had Tobacco Vanille sample sprayed on the other arm so the combo must have been the reason.

I was thinking of combining Tuscan Leather with Tobacco Vanille to take the edge off the TL, but I've got a sample of Tobacco Vanille that I've been testing and to be honest it works fine without the TL.

In fact Beau de Jour complements Tobacco Vanille unbelievably, so I was thinking of offloading the TL toward a bottle of Beau de Jour (which hopefully would be similar price) and then get a new bottle of Tobacco Vanille, then layer both of those to be in frag heaven :D

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

I will take the 30mls of Bvlgari - Man: Black Orient: Pat, if it's still available? Cheers

PaulT21 wrote: »
    I will take the 30mls of Bvlgari - Man: Black Orient: Pat, if it's still available? Cheers

Just decanted 20ml tonight so down to the last 10ml I'm afraid. That any good for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

Hi Pat

Sorry if format is weird - on mobile - interested in the below if you have it left ?

FK oud 25ml

Mancera 10ml

Akkad 20ml

Arz e ran 10ml

Naaometto 1ml vial

Enigma .... not sure - your thoughts on it ?

Thanks !

Updated 13/1/20 :

Notes

Bottle sizes

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Further details are in the OP of this thread. Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

As well as the below, I also have the following available in hand as of 13/1/2020:

Mancera - Cedrat Boise: like a thicker, jammier Aventus. €12.50 for 10ml. One only left (plastic).

Reduced prices:
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Oud eau de parfum: Creamy, smooth oud and cedar, unisex. €20 for 10ml, €38 for 20ml, or €45 for 25ml. Only 25ml left. Prices reduced!

LUBIN
    375x500.16493.jpg

Akkad *in hand*
    Amber, olibanum, elemi, styrax, labdanum, clary sage – this sounds like it’d be right at home in the lineup of Amouage or Xerjoff. And those are good reference points – Akkad is an eastern style warm spicy amber. Very high quality and a safe unisex. I gave this an all day run recently and it really is very good - couldn't stop smelling my wrist! Very high Fragrantica rating at 4.42 / 5. Some reviews:

"Amazing amber! Most incredible dry down of a fragrance ever! Deliciously addictive sticky resinous amber accord with a powdery vanilla. It has an airy aromatic opening with the mandarin, bergamot, cardamom and clary sage."

"The best amber scent I have ever smelled. Cuts thru the cold air like a knife. When I wear this I know that no one smells better."

"Sensual, perfectly unisex with moderate sillage and projection, the fragrance slowly and very surreptitiously evolves on your skin. A true triumph of modern perfumery."

"Smokey,spicey with some sweetness. This smells exactly how it should. Deep,rich and warm. The complexity outshines any of the CDG Incense Series scents IMO. Majority of the notes are detected and this is easier to wear. Much more of a cold weather scent that is versatile enough for women and men, day or night. Performance is excellent."

€20 for 10ml, €37.50 for 20ml, €55 for 30ml or €84 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in very attractive original 100ml bottle and box.

BERDOUES
    234722-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Arz E-Rab *in hand*
    A bit of belter from under the radar brand Berdoues. Notes for this list cedar, ginger and iris. I get the first two but not the iris - seems to be a good dash of lemon and pepper in there too. Pushing more towards Spring material here, but for the price this is really very good and a pretty safe wear.
    €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31.50 for 30ml, or €42.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.

REDUCED REDUCED REDUCED:

NASOMATTO[/color

Pardon *in hand*
    I’ve been asked to feature Nasomatto plenty of times.....so here you are! Pardon is perhaps their best, with dark chocolate leading the charge, supported by oud, sandalwood, sweet tonka and spices. Another extrait so super performance. Nasomatto only sell in 30ml bottles (but still at a high price!) so I’m splitting this a bit differently to usual. I’ve stuck 1ml volumes into sample tubes (plain label) for the bargain price of €5 – these are only available as an add on to another order. RRP €124 / 30ml
    €5 for 1ml Add on to other order only - plastic sample bottle and plain label. Three left.

ROJA PARFUMS
    375x500.57876.jpg

Enigma Parfum Cologne *in hand*

thebullkf wrote: »
    Hi Pat

Sorry if format is weird - on mobile - interested in the below if you have it left ?

FK oud 25ml

Mancera 10ml

Akkad 20ml

Arz e ran 10ml

Naaometto 1ml vial

Enigma .... not sure - your thoughts on it ?

Thanks !

Hey, I'll drop you a PM - The Cedrat Boise and Enigma are gone, but the rest is OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

In fact Beau de Jour complements Tobacco Vanille unbelievably, so I was thinking of offloading the TL toward a bottle of Beau de Jour (which hopefully would be similar price) and then get a new bottle of Tobacco Vanille, then layer both of those to be in frag heaven :D

Interesting! I'll have to give this combo a go!

• Advertisement

I actually find Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille layer very well. Cold weather job obviously though. TV and BdJ isn't an obvious pairing to me, but might make TV a bit fresher? Think I'll try it out today!

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

Just decanted 20ml tonight so down to the last 10ml I'm afraid. That any good for you?

Yeah that's my luck again:) Please send on the 10ml so. Cheers

I actually find Tuscan Leather and Tobacco Vanille layer very well. Cold weather job obviously though. TV and BdJ isn't an obvious pairing to me, but might make TV a bit fresher? Think I'll try it out today!

It's a fascinating combo.. it has the smooth honey of Tobacco Vanille and takes the eucalyptus edge off Beau de Jour and amplifies the lavender

It's a fascinating combo.. it has the smooth honey of Tobacco Vanille and takes the eucalyptus edge off Beau de Jour and amplifies the lavender

Tried it today but whatever way I applied them I just got whiffos of the individual smells rather than a 'blend' for some reason! Will have to give it another go....

Tried it today but whatever way I applied them I just got whiffos of the individual smells rather than a 'blend' for some reason! Will have to give it another go....

when I use them I put the Beau de Jour closer to my face and just a spray or two of the TV on the lower neck as it would overpower it otherwise.

Updated 20/1/20 :

Notes
    Lots of new stuff coming soon!

Bottle sizes

Shipping

As well as the below, I also have the following available in hand as of 20/1/2020:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml. Last one left from current flacon.

Reduced prices:
    Montale - Spicy Aoud: Dark oud with soft saffron and orange. Unisex leaning feminine. €8 for 10ml, €15 for 20ml, or €20 for 30ml. 40ml 20ml available. Prices reduced again to clear.
    MDCI Parfums - Fetes Persanes: Rare opportunity to pick this female scent up, €20 for 10ml, one only. Price reduced!
    Bvlgari - Man: Black Orient: An intense oriental, featuring leather, oud and rum. Well worth a try. €10/10ml, €19/20ml, or €27/30ml. 30ml available. Prices reduced!
    Thierry Mugler - Pure Malt: whiskey notes but not overly boozy. €9 for 10ml, or €16 for 20ml. 20ml left. Price reduced!

LUBIN
    375x500.16493.jpg

Akkad *in hand*

€20 for 10ml, €37.50 for 20ml, €55 for 30ml or €84 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in very attractive original 100ml bottle and box. 50ml left.

BERDOUES
    234722-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Arz E-Rab *in hand*
    €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31.50 for 30ml, or €42.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box. 50ml left.

REDUCED REDUCED REDUCED:

NASOMATTO
    375x500.12130.jpg

Pardon *in hand*
    €5 for 1ml Add on to other order only - plastic sample bottle and plain label. Three two left.

MANCERA
    496397.jpg

Royal Vanilla *in hand*
    Opens with soft, warm vanilla before toughening up with patchouli and amber. Being a Mancera, performance is guaranteed. A cosy winter scent.
    €11.50 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €30 for 30ml, or €40 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box. 50ml left.

ROJA PARFUMS

Enigma Parfum Cologne
    Shrouded in a swirl of Cognac and Tobacco, a suave figure sits cool and composed at the bar of a private members’ club - where the scent of Woods and Leather pervade. Dressed in a way that defies the club rules, this alluring presence is definitely unexpected. Why is he here? How did he get in? You cannot take your eye off this mysterious man. Warm touches of spice blend with soft Vanilla and Benzoin, which create a sense of ambiguity - nothing is quite what it seems.”. Roja have released several of their most popular scents in a new 'parfum cologne' concentration - these appear to be replacing the current eaux de parfums so presumably are around that strength. Reports on Enigma PC suggest it's a slightly fresher take than the original, and longevity is good. What's for sure though is that it is a LOT cheaper than the shockingly expensive extrait.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Early reviews of the Beau De Jour signature line, while complimentary say that it’s not quite the same as the Private Blend and performance isn’t as good.
    Still very early days though. I was gonna blind buy a 100ml bottle but think I’ll wait a little longer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Really thought you would be strictly a Brut man, adox. Who knew.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Jurgen The German

Or possibly Really Old Spice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

adox wrote: »
    Early reviews of the Beau De Jour signature line, while complimentary say that it’s not quite the same as the Private Blend and performance isn’t as good.
    Still very early days though. I was gonna blind buy a 100ml bottle but think I’ll wait a little longer.

Hold off on final judgement and see what kind of response you get at the bingo tonight..... I bet they will go for ya.

Advertisement