Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Last call!

Green Irish Tweed - I need to make a call on this one by tonight realistically. Currently have six (of ten) 50ml bottles allocated. One more request gets the 500ml split over the line and the flacon ordered.

TF Lost Cherry - dropping this one next few days if no-one else fancies a drop.

Berdoues Maasai Mara - need another ~20ml allocated for this one to happen or I'll call it a day on that one.

Tom Ford Black Orchid EdP - this one is happening, 30ml left.

Pat, I'll take the 20ml of Maasai Mara to get it going..

Anybody want to push GIT or Lost Cherry over the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Hi pat, Great to meet ya over the weekend to get the old batch of Aventus and thanks for the sample of Penhaligons Castile. It's a gorgeous scent.good dry down and lasts a good while. Massive thumbs up for that one I'll be looking to order 50ml of that whenever you are listing it again over the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Pat, is GIT unisex?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Eyespy wrote: »
    Pat, is GIT unisex?

It's categorised as male but TBH I think it's one that a woman could wear as it's very fresh. I'd suggest sniffing first though! If you can't get to it, maybe try Cool Water which is somewhat similar (and created by the same perfumer).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Odd you mention Davidoff, I was asked for an opinion on a ladies fragrance over the weekend - I think it was Tom Ford & my comment was that it was reminiscent of Cool Water by Davidoff, which I wouldn't have classed as being a unisex but very interesting that it's from the same perfumer as Creed, didn't know that!

• Advertisement

D'Agger wrote: »
    Odd you mention Davidoff, I was asked for an opinion on a ladies fragrance over the weekend - I think it was Tom Ford & my comment was that it was reminiscent of Cool Water by Davidoff, which I wouldn't have classed as being a unisex but very interesting that it's from the same perfumer as Creed, didn't know that!

Actually to correct myself, it's a widespread rumour / allegation that Pierre Bourdon who created Cool Water, had earlier created GIT for Creed - but Creed claim it was Olivier Creed. However, Creed are well known for their....errr......fantastical marketing bumph, and many people believe that all / many of their fragrances were created by hired hands on non disclosure contracts (which apparently is quite a common practice in perfumery). I believe some fragrance detectives have narrowed down the creator of Aventus (presuming it wasn't actually the Creeds despite their claims) to a list of 2 or 3. There is most certainly a fair similarity between GIT and CW though (albeit not clones or anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Hi Pat,
    I've lost track of the thread a bit. Have you any BDJ left, I'd take a 30ml if possible. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭deandean

Hey Pat, this might be another line for you :D
    5 litres of hand sanitiser, about €30.
    My local pharmacy is splitting it into 100ml bottles, €5.50 each!
    505186.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭AAAAAAAAA

Throw me down for the GIT there, sorry I'm late to the party.

If you're keeping a tally for VIW yet, please put me down on it

Thanks Pat.

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    Throw me down for the GIT there, sorry I'm late to the party.

If you're keeping a tally for VIW yet, please put me down on it

Thanks Pat.

LOL. Hadn't got the required numbers to expand the split to 500ml by Sunday evening so had planned to organise it for 250ml and order it.......but I haven't actually had a chance to do that yet.....so your request gets it back to 500ml!

• Advertisement

Skuxx wrote: »
    Hi Pat,
    I've lost track of the thread a bit. Have you any BDJ left, I'd take a 30ml if possible. Thanks
    Was all gone - but I'm going to geta nother bottle in so you're good! BdJ has proved incredibly popular.

deandean wrote: »
    Hey Pat, this might be another line for you :D
    5 litres of hand sanitiser, about €30.
    My local pharmacy is splitting it into 100ml bottles, €5.50 each!

LOL - enterprising or price gouging?! Easy enough to make your own apparently.

Aventus: new flacon in, still 'old' batch (19S01) for anyone for whom that makes a difference.

Lost Cherry: dropping this one.

Berdoues Maasai Mara: this one is going ahead. 30ml left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

statto25 wrote: »
    You might have neither with this COVID-19 but at least you will smell good!

I'm going to hunt you down! :D

I'm going to hunt you down! :D

LOL Boards acting up as I can't see the post you quoted.

Having said that, fragrance is 75 - 80% alcohol so should make an effective sanitiser in a bind - plus, you'll smell good!

Coronavirus update!
    Not much of an update really - currently I expect to ship all splits as planned. Bottles for most of the current splits arrived during the week, and the remainder have been ordered with the exception of the latest Beau de Jour split. It'll take a few weeks to get everything out as there were a lot of requests in the last few weeks.

Worried I'm going to send you a nasty viral surprise along with your juice? Don't be - the chances are remote to say the least, and I say that as someone who in a professional capacity is deeply involved in infection prevention.

However.....

Payments
    Not all the money that should be coming in is! I understand that the current situation is unprecedented and that some people are worried about their future finances (as are we all!) and are shutting down discretionary spending - a very understandable and indeed sensible decision. Do note however that all fragrances are purchased out of my own pocket so if people don't pay me, I lose out - and I assure you I ain't a millionaire or anything! Now, I'm not going to go on the breadline over it as I do keep reserves available (mostly in case I drop an expensive flacon!) but I'm approaching a point where I may need to stop buying stuff in advance and trusting that people will pay up when asked - this would impact future splits as many of the one offs I list are picked up by me when on temporary offer in order to get stuff to you guys at a good price. I'm buying something today (coz it's great juice!) but am going to at least aim to put the Revolut card away after that. If your situation is such that you feel you just can't pay having borne the above in mind, look, that's just the way it is - I won't be sending the debt collectors after people or anything!

End of Public Service Announcement - stay safe guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

If people say they can't pay or changed their mind can you relist what they had bought? Surely someone will take it off your hands? I'll take Mousse Iluminee that becomes available!

DBIreland wrote: »
    If people say they can't pay or changed their mind can you relist what they had bought? Surely someone will take it off your hands? I'll take Mousse Iluminee that becomes available!

Oh yeah, obviously everything eventually will get relisted but it's a bit of an admin headache as I need to send emails and note them etc - it's just easier if it all gets done first time! Then there's the issue of whether it will be bought again. Mousse all paid and shipped I'm afraid but just to give an example with the current flacon of Green Irish Tweed: you may recall that I was debating whether to order a 250ml or 500ml flacon - in the end I went with 500ml as I got 7 requests for it (of ten 50ml bottles available; generally, if I can guarantee 7 in advance, I'll order a flacon). To date, I've received payment for just three of the seven, plus I expect one person to pay at a later date as they're collecting. One person has dropped their order, and two haven't paid yet - that's €240 I was expecting to have now that I don't have, and that's just the GIT.

Now, I'm not bitching or moaning or anything - I'm a big boy and recognise that things don't always run smoothly. I won't be letting this affect my personal finances so no worries about selling my kids for medical experiments or anything! People are normally very good and this is the first time I've had to post something like this. Sure, some people will always need multiple reminders, and others will I know pay within minutes of receiving the email - that's just life and I'm happy enough as long as it arrives sometime!

We are in turbulent times however and if someone has just lost their job or whatever I respect that paying for a bottle of aftershave would be a low priority - totally understandable and just my tough titty frankly. I just wanted to note that a significant number of people doing this could affect the variety of future splits. To give another example: the Mousse Illuminee you mentioned. This was bought in advance direct from the perfumer in the US and shipped from there. Until it arrived at the door I didn't know whether it would be hit for Customs etc. It wasn't and I was able to set a price accordingly, knowing the total cost then. If however I only ordered it after taking payments in from people I would have to presume that it would get hit by Customs and build that into the price to protect myself (as I would be paying any Customs myself if I didn't include it in the price).

As I mentioned above, a lot of what I list as 'in hand' was bought by me when I spotted a good price so I can pass on the saving. To put that in perspective, it would not be unusual for me to have in excess of €2000 in 'stock' before sending out a new list. Right now, I have approx €1000 of stuff downstairs that I haven't even listed yet, lined up for new splits out to July. If however money that should be coming in isn't, obviously I won't be buying stuff in advance as much.

Of course, I just bought that bottle mentioned earlier.......alongside another one! Not doing too well on this whole 'not buying in advance' lark so far!:pac:

Not sure if there'll be more posts on this but forgive any lack of reply on my part - off out shortly to deliver bread to me elderly mam who I've forbidden from going to the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Oh yeah, obviously everything eventually will get relisted but it's a bit of an admin headache as I need to send emails and note them etc - it's just easier if it all gets done first time! Then there's the issue of whether it will be bought again. Mousse all paid and shipped I'm afraid but just to give an example with the current flacon of Green Irish Tweed: you may recall that I was debating whether to order a 250ml or 500ml flacon - in the end I went with 500ml as I got 7 requests for it (of ten 50ml bottles available; generally, if I can guarantee 7 in advance, I'll order a flacon). To date, I've received payment for just three of the seven, plus I expect one person to pay at a later date as they're collecting. One person has dropped their order, and two haven't paid yet - that's €240 I was expecting to have now that I don't have, and that's just the GIT.

Now, I'm not bitching or moaning or anything - I'm a big boy and recognise that things don't always run smoothly. I won't be letting this affect my personal finances so no worries about selling my kids for medical experiments or anything! People are normally very good and this is the first time I've had to post something like this. Sure, some people will always need multiple reminders, and others will I know pay within minutes of receiving the email - that's just life and I'm happy enough as long as it arrives sometime!

We are in turbulent times however and if someone has just lost their job or whatever I respect that paying for a bottle of aftershave would be a low priority - totally understandable and just my tough titty frankly. I just wanted to note that a significant number of people doing this could affect the variety of future splits. To give another example: the Mousse Illuminee you mentioned. This was bought in advance direct from the perfumer in the US and shipped from there. Until it arrived at the door I didn't know whether it would be hit for Customs etc. It wasn't and I was able to set a price accordingly, knowing the total cost then. If however I only ordered it after taking payments in from people I would have to presume that it would get hit by Customs and build that into the price to protect myself (as I would be paying any Customs myself if I didn't include it in the price).

As I mentioned above, a lot of what I list as 'in hand' was bought by me when I spotted a good price so I can pass on the saving. To put that in perspective, it would not be unusual for me to have in excess of €2000 in 'stock' before sending out a new list. Right now, I have approx €1000 of stuff downstairs that I haven't even listed yet, lined up for new splits out to July. If however money that should be coming in isn't, obviously I won't be buying stuff in advance as much.

Of course, I just bought that bottle mentioned earlier.......alongside another one! Not doing too well on this whole 'not buying in advance' lark so far!:pac:

Not sure if there'll be more posts on this but forgive any lack of reply on my part - off out shortly to deliver bread to me elderly mam who I've forbidden from going to the shop!

THIS IS ALL I SEE , WHAT YA GOT :pac:

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    THIS IS ALL I SEE , WHAT YA GOT :pac:

Lots of great stuff!
    Malle, Memo, YSL, Acqua di Parma, Atelier Cologne, Dunhill, Floris, Andreoli, Zegna, Comme des Garcons, Parfums de Marly, Juliette has a Gun, some others.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6 manicdee

What YSL & Acqua di Parma do you have, Paddy?

manicdee wrote: »
    What YSL & Acqua di Parma do you have, Paddy?

Was going to keep shifty about it buy feck it, it's YSL M7 Oud (an old fave) and AdP Leather. Not taking requests for them yet though - too much to get through at the moment!

Shipping update
    A partial / whatever lockdown now looks inevitable. What effect this will have on couriers / An Post I don't know, although I presume they will still be operating for the moment at least. I am going to try and get as much as I can ready to ship for tomorrow morning, rather than my usual Wednesday. This will likely not be every fragrance I received this week as there is a LOT of stuff to ship - these are packages that were given shipping dates out to week beginning 30th March so as you can appreciate I will be flat out (bear in mind I've two kids stuck here too). The following splits (and any others due in the same shipment) will go in the next batch (hopefully Tues or Wed, circumstances permitting) as they were purchased later:
    later Beau de Jour requests (still waiting for some to come in)..
    Spring Flower.
    Grey Vetiver.
    Black Orchid (don't have this yet anyway).
    Green Irish Tweed.
    Last few Aventus orders.

• Advertisement

Well, that was a busy few days! This week's courier packages went out Monday and "next week's" went out today. After a slight delay while waiting for stamps, all An Post packages went out today as well. Waiting for a couple of bottles to come in still, last few packages should go out next Monday I'd say. GLS have advised me they are down staff (not surprisingly) so there may be delays in receipt but hopefully things should go smoothly..... Should have an updated list of what's left next few days.

Hope everyone is keeping safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 theshea

Received Tom Ford today Pat.
    Great service as usual. Worth every penny

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Received my sweet Spring Flower today. Prompt delivery as usual - thanks Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Pat Aventus Cologne and Aventus received today, was nice getting to fully try the cologne. Definitely smells like Aventus but expressed differently, my wife instantly said "it smells like the other one you wear" with no prompting from me.

Thanks again, at least I'll be working from home smelling good.

jim o doom wrote: »
    Pat Aventus Cologne and Aventus received today, was nice getting to fully try the cologne. Definitely smells like Aventus but expressed differently, my wife instantly said "it smells like the other one you wear" with no prompting from me.

Thanks again, at least I'll be working from home smelling good.

Nice to have the original bottle too! Creed boxes are poor, but the bottles are nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Cheers pat, got mine there. Superb as always.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Order received today, many thanks Pat, very happy with the purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭carq

Thanks Pat - received yesterday.

The city on Fire is something else, not sure where i will wear it but suspect it will be a grower.
    love the Tom Ford TL and BDJ.

carq wrote: »

The city on Fire is something else, not sure where i will wear it but suspect it will be a grower. .

It's pretty......all in.......alright! May be of use as a social distancing aid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Just received my package , all lovely , thanks Pat

Advertisement