Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭OldRio

Package arrived today. Thanks for the quick service Pat.:D

Unfortunately herself took it off me and I've been told I have to wait until Christmas Day.
    😭

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Thanks for the package Pat. The Tempo Diptyque sample is a nice frag :)

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Hey Pat any plans on another split on creed Viking? If you do give me a shout please, looking for 50ml, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,535 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

CSSE09 wrote: »
    Hey Pat any plans on another split on creed Viking? If you do give me a shout please, looking for 50ml, thanks.

Probably going to hold off until later in 2020 to do Viking again I'd say after all the supply hassle I had with it recently!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

I'll also be listing the notorious A City on Fire by Imaginary Authors in the new year......

This reminds me of a Dallas BBQ restaurant, great fragrance. Any others by imaginary authors coming up?

• Advertisement

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    This reminds me of a Dallas BBQ restaurant, great fragrance. Any others by imaginary authors coming up?

It's one I hesitated picking up as the reviews had me expecting something 'worthy' but unwearable (my fave review: "This smells like a house burnt down to the ground. Literally. Everything form singed carpet and furniture to the charred wood frames, it smells like you are rummaging through the remains of a fire disaster."). Why do I do these things?! Happy to report though that while it's definitely.....smoky!.....it's far more wearable than I thought and the gamble may have paid off. Did consider some others from Imaginary Authors but shied off in the end as the oul' budget only goes so far and didn't want to be lumbered with them. Next in line would have been The Soft Lawn which apparently smells exactly like a tennis ball!:pac: Good news on the City on Fire is, as it only comes in 50ml bottles, I'll be doing 5ml splits so less of a gamble for you guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

It's one I hesitated picking up as the reviews had me expecting something 'worthy' but unwearable (my fave review: "This smells like a house burnt down to the ground. Literally. Everything form singed carpet and furniture to the charred wood frames, it smells like you are rummaging through the remains of a fire disaster."). Why do I do these things?! Happy to report though that while it's definitely.....smoky!.....it's far more wearable than I thought and the gamble may have paid off. Did consider some others from Imaginary Authors but shied off in the end as the oul' budget only goes so far and didn't want to be lumbered with them. Next in line would have been The Soft Lawn which apparently smells exactly like a tennis ball!:pac: Good news on the City on Fire is, as it only comes in 50ml bottles, I'll be doing 5ml splits so less of a gamble for you guys.

Tried a few of their fragrances, bulls blood is def worth a punt if you come across it.
    Zoologist is another out there brand with excellent stuff in case it's on your radar

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭muggles

I’ve a new one for you Pat for next time you’re looking after the ladies 😉 Tom Ford - Rose Prick!

PS The Byredo was fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Martin maloney

Hi Pat
    Just wondering if theres any plans/interest to do a split of tom ford oud wood. Was in BT in limerick today for a sample sniff , christ its a ridiculously good scent. Also any plans to split tom ford Noir extreme ? Id be interested in 50 mil of both.kind regards Mart

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and didn't overdo it on the turkey! I'll be getting back in action over the next couple of weeks - I'll stick up an updated list of what's left in hand later this week, might be a few price reductions; we'll see what's there. New stuff then late this month I'd say.

Uncle_moe wrote: »
    Tried a few of their fragrances, bulls blood is def worth a punt if you come across it.
    Zoologist is another out there brand with excellent stuff in case it's on your radar
    Yeah, Zoologist vaguely on the radar too - problem with them though is that, like Imaginary Authors, it's not that easy actually getting hold of them! Had a sniff of a couple (Squid and another I don't recall) thanks to a member here and, like the City on Fire above, found them less fearsome than their reputation suggests.
    muggles wrote: »
    I’ve a new one for you Pat for next time you’re looking after the ladies �� Tom Ford - Rose Prick!

PS The Byredo was fab!
    Saw that yeah; it's just kind of appeared without any fanfare. Apparently it's unisex but, from the description, I can't imagine too many guys going for it! Like many of the new releases I suspect it's going to be priced high - expect €245 for 50ml retail I'd say......

Hi Pat
    Just wondering if theres any plans/interest to do a split of tom ford oud wood. Was in BT in limerick today for a sample sniff , christ its a ridiculously good scent. Also any plans to split tom ford Noir extreme ? Id be interested in 50 mil of both.kind regards Mart
    Have your name down here alright for the Oud Wood whenever it happens again, which it no doubt will at some stage. Not on the radar for next few months but if more people ask for it, might bump it up the schedule.
    Noir Extreme: I actually did consider it before Christmas but I already had a few Tom Ford lined up so held off in the end. One you'll definitely be seeing is the new Beau de Jour. This is one that was released and almost immediately discontinued from the Private Blend range last year. They're now re-releasing it in the Signature range.....at half the price! Very few reports on it yet but I've read it's almost certainly unchanged from the PB release.....which is a good thing as it's a bloody belter! Top marks from me, and one I wear often.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Beau de Jour was a smashing fragrance, will definitely be putting my name down for that again. Seems weird to be halving the price but I'm not complaining!

DBIreland wrote: »
    Beau de Jour was a smashing fragrance, will definitely be putting my name down for that again. Seems weird to be halving the price but I'm not complaining!

Yeah, it's a bit (OK, a lot) weird. They did something similar previously with Ombre Leather 16. This was released originally as a Private Blend but was always noted as a limited edition. That then came to the Signature range (as simply Ombre Leather) but ~2 years later. But BdJ was only out as a PB a couple of months before rumours that it was to be discontinued and moved to Signature. Strange as it got some of the best reactions to a new PB in years. One theory is that the move is a reaction to the utterly bizarre decision by Yves Saint Laurent to discontinue the iconic Rive Gauche pour homme (created under the direction of a certain.......Tom Ford when he was with YSL!) and replace it in the marketplace (the Signature range has much greater distribution). Won't be complaining though as you say! A definite dumb reach and utterly bottle worthy. Only issue from a splits perspective is that the Signature range fragrances aren't available in 250ml decanters.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭DBIreland

Pat, how cheap are you expecting in a bricks and mortar shop? Similar price to Ombre Leather? About 100 quid for 50ml, that kinda area?

DBIreland wrote: »
    Pat, how cheap are you expecting in a bricks and mortar shop? Similar price to Ombre Leather? About 100 quid for 50ml, that kinda area?

I would presume it'll be the same price which is €99/138 for 50/100ml. Probably get it cheaper online after a few months. Doesn't seem to be available anywhere yet outside Selfridges.

I would presume it'll be the same price which is €99/138 for 50/100ml. Probably get it cheaper online after a few months. Doesn't seem to be available anywhere yet outside Selfridges.

OK, got a message from a member today whose got a bottle already and that's the exact pricing alright. As it happens I was on the way to Debenhams (Mahon Point Cork) anyway just on the off chance they'd have it and indeed they do. Sprayed to sample and I ain't smelling any difference from the Private Blend release, which also backs up what that member said (they already have the PB) - it's the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Great news! Must get me some more Beau de Jour, it's definitely my most used fragrance at the moment, smells so damn good! Interested in some Oud Wood too

Testament1 wrote: »
    Great news! Must get me some more Beau de Jour, it's definitely my most used fragrance at the moment, smells so damn good! Interested in some Oud Wood too

I 2nd that! Sign me up for some beau de jour also pat as well as oud wood. To be honest i hadnt heard of it before but the reviews on its longevity are very good which puts it in the same league as tuscan leather and tobacco vanille (my all time favs)Imo.

I'll definitely be doing Beau de Jour whenever I can get it at a sensible price - maybe 1 - 2 months?

I 2nd that! Sign me up for some beau de jour also pat as well as oud wood. To be honest i hadnt heard of it before but the reviews on its longevity are very good which puts it in the same league as tuscan leather and tobacco vanille (my all time favs)Imo.

Seeing as yourself and Testament are asking, I'll aim to split maybe 100ml of Oud Wood - will put it up in the next few days. You're after 50ml yeah?

I'll definitely be doing Beau de Jour whenever I can get it at a sensible price - maybe 1 - 2 months?

Seeing as yourself and Testament are asking, I'll aim to split maybe 100ml of Oud Wood - will put it up in the next few days. You're after 50ml yeah?

Yes defo 50 ml of oud wood thanks pat. The price still the same as previous qouted? And 1-2 months wait for beau de jour us fine by me anyways

Yes defo 50 ml of oud wood thanks pat. The price still the same as previous qouted? And 1-2 months wait for beau de jour us fine by me anyways

Think I quoted you for a 50ml retail? This would be 50ml in a retail 100ml (i.e. half full) and would be cheaper - I'll confirm when listing but expect in the order of €105.

• Advertisement

Think I quoted you for a 50ml retail? This would be 50ml in a retail 100ml (i.e. half full) and would be cheaper - I'll confirm when listing but expect in the order of €105.

Yes correct you did for 50ml. That would be a great price. Thanks Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 11 walt whitman

hi pat, I would be interested in Oud Wood Intense 20ml if possible?

hi pat, I would be interested in Oud Wood Intense 20ml if possible?

That's actually all gone - apologies, OP hasn't been updated in a while, will do so in a few days. I'll likely be getting in Oud Wood, but it's a very different scent from the Intense flanker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

I've no problem waiting anyway Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Hiya Pat, do you have 50ml of Tobacco Vanille in stock at the moment?

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Hiya Pat, do you have 50ml of Tobacco Vanille in stock at the moment?

Sorry I don't - literally bottled the last 25ml I had last night!

Once again Pat thanks for the delivery yesterday. The round bottles are nice :)

Once again Pat thanks for the delivery yesterday. The round bottles are nice :)

Cheers. Yeah, supplier was out of my usual cube bottles last time so reluctantly plumped for them (cube bottles are made by Pochet, who also supply Creed and others)........turns out they're Pochet as well so may stick with them if the feedback is good.

Cheers. Yeah, supplier was out of my usual cube bottles last time so reluctantly plumped for them (cube bottles are made by Pochet, who also supply Creed and others)........turns out they're Pochet as well so may stick with them if the feedback is good.

And the caps fit much better on these one's :)

• Advertisement

Following the requests above I'm getting in a bottle of Tom Ford - Oud Wood. I have 20ml available at €24.50 for 10ml (glass or plastic), or €47 for 20ml (plastic) if anyone wants a drop!

Advertisement