Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

The "risks" are detailed in the patient information leaflet.

Which Doctors don't even give patients most of the time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,059 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Big Gerry wrote: »

Why not just ask for them? I do.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 40,323 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

But we are never told about risks.

Its always black and white.

Question vaccines and you are "anti vax".

every medicine has risks. you would have to be willfully ignorant to think otherwise

Why not just ask for them? I do.

For the HPV vaccine the HSE had a policy of refusing to give it out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,059 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

For the HPV vaccine the HSE had a policy of refusing to give it out.

They refused it to patients who asked for it?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

They refused it to patients who asked for it?

Seems that way.

JLV4Ev9.jpg

Seems that way.

JLV4Ev9.jpg

Screen shot from gems Twitter

Shill thread started for her and the scrote Barrett

That's bingo

Seems that way.

JLV4Ev9.jpg

Random screengrabs prove nothing. If you have an actual source for this, I'd love to see it.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Medication has side effects for some people. It's one of those things that everyone should know.
    Wouldn't it be great if the evil pharma companies made public the potential side effects of their medicines. Maybe even include a leaflet inside each box of medicine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Always available, and never more than a google away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Lads why are we still entertaining this Fúckary, mumps and measles are real, just let the cúnts and their spawn die, and the rest of us will be grand with our new fangled vaccinations that are only available on the black market to inbreds like me

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm utterly bereft when it comes to anti-vaxxers. If you don't want to be vaccinated or vaccinate your kids you should be deported to an anti-vaccination island away from those who can suffer the consequences of your stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

KKkitty wrote: »
    I'm utterly bereft when it comes to anti-vaxxers. If you don't want to be vaccinated or vaccinate your kids you should be deported to an anti-vaccination island away from those who can suffer the consequences of your stupidity.

Thats a good idea we should deport the anti-vaxxers,all these buzzwords these days for the useful idiots,but yeah good idea deport all the anti vaxxers,who whether rightly or wrongly distrust the medical field because of negative experiences and do so out of genuine concern for the welfare of their children.

So lets deport them all and hold onto all the murderers and paedophiles,them anti vaxxers pure evil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Thats a good idea we should deport the anti-vaxxers,all these buzzwords these days for the useful idiots,but yeah good idea deport all the anti vaxxers,who whether rightly or wrongly distrust the medical field because of negative experiences misinformation and do so out of genuine concern for ignorance about the welfare of their children.

So lets deport them all and hold onto all the murderers and paedophiles,them anti vaxxers pure evil.

We can deport the murderers etc too.

uch wrote: »
    Lads why are we still entertaining this Fúckary, mumps and measles are real, just let the cúnts and their spawn die, and the rest of us will be grand with our new fangled vaccinations that are only available on the black market to inbreds like me
    If they only affected themselves then i would agree with you. But they dont. they also affect immunocompromised people who are not able to get vaccines.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

If they only affected themselves then i would agree with you. But they dont. they also affect immunocompromised people who are not able to get vaccines.

As one of the " immunocompromised people who are not able to be vaccinated", I would never expect anyone to go against their beliefs or doubts re vaccines ( which doubts and beliefs I share) for my needs. It is up to me to protect myself and adopt a lifestyle appropriate to my needs and safety. Which I do to very good effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,258 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Graces7 wrote: »
    As one of the " immunocompromised people who are not able to be vaccinated", I would never expect anyone to go against their beliefs or doubts re vaccines ( which doubts and beliefs I share) for my needs. It is up to me to protect myself and adopt a lifestyle appropriate to my needs and safety. Which I do to very good effect.

But, uhh...tough luck to everyone else that can't? Living in an urban area with a few million neighbors? Infants who are too young for the DPT shot?

I guess, 'the heck with everyone else' is your philosophy. Good to know, it explains most of your positions here and elsewhere on Boards. Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,896 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Graces7 wrote:
    So go live on an island then so you don't spread any disease.

You're not their representative so stop pretending you have a right to speak for them.

H. H. Asquith

We can deport the murderers etc too.

Its great for you that has such faith and belief in the medical field,but life is all about experience and you just happened to have a positive experience so far,and good luck with it.

But for some through experience they realize the medical field is an industry and nothing else then it is going to affect your viewpoint on Vaccinations for your children.

Again threads like this and the aggressive stance towards anti vaxxers is just by useful idiots for the medical field,because rightly or wrongly anti vaxxers care and whether misinformed or not should be engaged with.

But no,shut down all discussions,these people who actually care about doing the right thing for the their children should be shut down and ostracized,kick them out of the country yeah.

How people who genuinely have concern for their childrens welfare have become evil shows the way things work nowadays,whereas murderers and beheaders should be worshipped,hell why doesn't the state go and make tv shows paying homage to these great people,Love Hate anyone,kid that got beheaded took some tips from that show,but them anti vaxxers need to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

So you are suggesting immuno-compromised people including children isolate themselves because a sizable minority of people are gullible enough to believe conspiracy websites?

Again threads like this and the aggressive stance towards anti vaxxers is just by useful idiots for the medical field,because rightly or wrongly anti vaxxers care and whether misinformed or not should be engaged with.
    Trying not to spit the coffee over that.

Who do they care about?
    But no,shut down all discussions,these people who actually care about
    doing the right thing for the their children should be shut down and ostracized,kick them out of the country yeah.
    So, feel free to start a discussion. We've waited years for an anti-vaxer to come here, provide a discussion item, and willingly discuss their points.

But, let me help you: Vaccines are settled science. They work.

What proof do you have of the opposite?

How people who genuinely have concern for their childrens welfare?

I'm not sure anti-vaxxers have concern for their children's welfare. What's your best proof of that? Some argue the uptake of the debunked Wakefiled lies, were anti-autism bigotry. Do you agree? (FWIW, I think there's an element of truth to that.)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It is up to me to protect myself and adopt a lifestyle appropriate to my needs and safety. Which I do to very good effect.
    Just curious, how have you adapted your lifestyle to protect against illnesses that other people normally would be vaccinated against?
    When you say that you do to very good effect - how exactly do you measure that? Because you haven't died?

good for you. I'm sure you dont speak for every immunocomprised person. In particular those children who can't speak for themselves. Also, not every immunocomprised person wants to live on an island isolated from the world. It is not really a practical solution for everybody.

Just curious, how have you adapted your lifestyle to protect against illnesses that other people normally would be vaccinated against?
    When you say that you do to very good effect - how exactly do you measure that? Because you haven't died?

And, a companion question for Graces7: What immunizations have you been eligible for that you have decided not to acquire. If, for instance, you had measles or mumps or rubella, it's easy to turn down the MMR than if you haven't had one of them.

I think your main issue is with the HPV vaccine, since it goes against your religious beliefs that women should have a sex life the Church doesn't control, and immunizing themselves against a fatal STD would just promote "promiscuity" or some other RCC-defined term. amiright?

(FWIW, Graces7 seagulls into this thread once in awhile then flaps away.)

Its great for you that has such faith and belief in the medical field,but life is all about experience and you just happened to have a positive experience so far,and good luck with it.

It's not faith and belief, it's science, reason and data. Governments have regulators who hold the industry to account. It's an imperfect system but at least there is some accountability unlike the anti-vaxx industry which is allowed to spout its bile and shill nonsense and poison unchallenged.
    But for some through experience they realize the medical field is an industry and nothing else then it is going to affect your viewpoint on Vaccinations for your children.

Agriculture is an industry as is the textile industry but presumably you eat farmers' produce and wear clothes.

No, the useful idiots are the ones shilling for various cranks who do not even realise it. The victim complex does not refute this.
    But no,shut down all discussions,these people who actually care about doing the right thing for the their children should be shut down and ostracized,kick them out of the country yeah.

Up is down and black is white. Parroting nonsense from the internet at the expense of children's health is not doing the right thing. It is the opposite. Pointing this out is not shutting down discussion, it is discussion. What you clearly want is an echo chamber.
    How people who genuinely have concern for their childrens welfare have become evil shows the way things work nowadays,whereas murderers and beheaders should be worshipped,hell why doesn't the state go and make tv shows paying homage to these great people,Love Hate anyone,kid that got beheaded took some tips from that show,but them anti vaxxers need to go.

What the f*ck are you even on about? Criticising anti-vaxxers is the equivalent of worshipping murders? Congrats on producing the stupidest sentence I've read in a long time.

Anti-vaxxers are concerned with their own egos and feeling good. Nothing more. Pushing the anti-vaxx scam makes them feel special because they're in the minority so therefore they see what only the chosen, exceptional few see or so they tell themselves.

Of course you can make a logical and reasoned response but the above shows you care only for the usual victimhood narrative based on emotion. The flaw there is that anti-vaxx is a disgusting narrative designed to monetize child suffering.

H. H. Asquith

Igotadose wrote: »
    Trying not to spit the coffee over that.

Who do they care about?

So, feel free to start a discussion. We've waited years for an anti-vaxer to come here, provide a discussion item, and willingly discuss their points.

But, let me help you: Vaccines are settled science. They work.

What proof do you have of the opposite?

I'm not sure anti-vaxxers have concern for their children's welfare. What's your best proof of that? Some argue the uptake of the debunked Wakefiled lies, were anti-autism bigotry. Do you agree? (FWIW, I think there's an element of truth to that.)

Everyone wants proof and studies and links etc etc,the people funding all your studies of how necessary they are have a vested interest in selling vaccines to governments and the list for vaccinations for children keeps rising.

Again i vaccinated my children but i can definitely understand peoples concern,you blindly seem to believe the government and system cares about diseases and people getting ill but on the other hand the same system doesn't care about a million or two dying from dropped bombs or homeless people all over the place,but yet you blindly buy up that its for our own good,lets just trust them and their studies even though there is massive profits being made,but off course its for our own good.

But i personally would rather live beside a lot of anti vaxxers who at least seem to have some interest in their children,generally they will be more productive members of society than a lot of Love Hate groupies who vax their children.

Everyone wants proof and studies and links etc etc,the people funding all your studies of how necessary they are have a vested interest in selling vaccines to governments and the list for vaccinations for children keeps rising.

Ah of course. There is no evidence for my narrative therefore it is right.

So all public funding bodies and charities are pro-vaxx and refusing to fund studies which may show harm? Or they're covering it up? Care to elaborate? I'd ask for proof but, well....
    Again i vaccinated my children but i can definitely understand peoples concern,you blindly seem to believe the government and system cares about diseases and people getting ill but on the other hand the same system doesn't care about a million or two dying from dropped bombs or homeless people all over the place,but yet you blindly buy up that its for our own good,lets just trust them and their studies even though there is massive profits being made,but off course its for our own good.

You blindly seem to think that Wakefield in his multi-million dollar American mansion cares for some reason. I'll take the government over a struck off former doctor, thank you very much.

By the way, I suspect that the people doing the bombings aren't the ones licencing vaccines. Then again, I can't recall the last time Dail Eireann bombed someone.

What are you doing about the homeless or do you not care?
    But i personally would rather live beside a lot of anti vaxxers who at least seem to have some interest in their children,generally they will be more productive members of society than a lot of Love Hate groupies who vax their children.

I'm all for the idea of segregating anti-vaxxers. Let's hope it happens so children will be healthier.

H. H. Asquith

It's not faith and belief, it's science, reason and data. Governments have regulators who hold the industry to account. It's an imperfect system but at least there is some accountability unlike the anti-vaxx industry which is allowed to spout its bile and shill nonsense and poison unchallenged.

Agriculture is an industry as is the textile industry but presumably you eat farmers' produce and wear clothes.

No, the useful idiots are the ones shilling for various cranks who do not even realise it. The victim complex does not refute this.

Up is down and black is white. Parroting nonsense from the internet at the expense of children's health is not doing the right thing. It is the opposite. Pointing this out is not shutting down discussion, it is discussion. What you clearly want is an echo chamber.

What the f*ck are you even on about? Criticising anti-vaxxers is the equivalent of worshipping murders? Congrats on producing the stupidest sentence I've read in a long time.

Anti-vaxxers are concerned with their own egos and feeling good. Nothing more. Pushing the anti-vaxx scam makes them feel special because they're in the minority so therefore they see what only the chosen, exceptional few see or so they tell themselves.

Of course you can make a logical and reasoned response but the above shows you care only for the usual victimhood narrative based on emotion. The flaw there is that anti-vaxx is a disgusting narrative designed to monetize child suffering.

You are the one who descended into personal insults therefore you lose the argument and prove you are unwilling to face reasonable debate on it,you just want to shut it down with insults that is your own weakness on this point.

But overall it boils down to experience people in their ivory towers like you believe government is interested in the welfare of the people,people with more life experience than you realize the governments only care about extracting as much from their populace as possible,therefore should not be trusted on anything.

On the bombs issue i think you should research where your vaccines come from and it might answer your question,Dail Eireann has little to with this,its just a glorified county council that gets a budget handed to them to deal with how they please,they don't make any decisions on these issues.

• Advertisement

You are the one who descended into personal insults therefore you lose the argument and prove you are unwilling to face reasonable debate on it,you just want to shut it down with insults that is your own weakness on this point.

But overall it boils down to experience people in their ivory towers like you believe government is interested in the welfare of the people,people with more life experience than you realize the governments only care about extracting as much from their populace as possible,therefore should not be trusted on anything.

You called us "useful idiots".

Ivory towers? Seriously? Are you just going to parrot these meaningless words at anyone who disagrees with you?

And as far as life experience goes, all you've done is paste the usual anti-vaxxer soundbites and the react hysterically when challenged.
    On the bombs issue i think you should research where your vaccines come from and it might answer your question,Dail Eireann has little to with this,its just a glorified county council that gets a budget handed to them to deal with how they please,they don't make any decisions on these issues.

I have no interest in researching your argument for you.

H. H. Asquith

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement