Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,060 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The evidence is within all our minds if you just switch off for a while and look around you,nobody does that,which is why your mind is so clouded looking for flawed studies to answer every question in life.

Translation: No evidence.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭str8talkingguy

Translation: No evidence.

Is that the best you can do.You have no evidence either only biased evidence financed by who? i could trawl the internet and find you some pointless study from an anti vaxxer and you could find another study saying the opposite and where does that get us?

There is every type of information out there for everyone depending on what you're looking,what you seek you will find when it comes to the internet.

Again its unfortunate you are a mod so you internet a lot which hinders your mind from independent thought,your mind has so much knowledge without links and studies and information from some Youtuber or some internet source where do you think all great knowledge began?By thinking with independent thought which people are unable to do with all the distractions of modern living.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,324 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So you support anti puberty meds. to children as well yea? you believe the science right.

what does that have to do with vaccinations? I suggest you take all that wonderful life experience and use it to make a point and stick to it. There is a definite bang of G O' D from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,630 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Just curious, how have you adapted your lifestyle to protect against illnesses that other people normally would be vaccinated against?
    When you say that you do to very good effect - how exactly do you measure that? Because you haven't died?

I'm always curious as to whether the multitude of Cats and Kittens so lovingly cared for on that windswept rock are vaccinated?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Is that the best you can do.You have no evidence either only biased evidence financed by who?

Have you *any* evidence vaccines are causing millions of deaths, as you stated above?

Or is your only answer "Governments do bad things therefore since governments advocate for vaccines, they must be bad?" FWIW that's not an unknown position for people to take in this forum. They usually scuttle away after being forced to provide their 'factual bases.'
    i could trawl the internet and find you some pointless study from an anti vaxxer and you could find another study saying the opposite and where does that get us?
    You, humiliated, when your anti-vax study is shown to be rubbish.

But do trawl the internet and get back to us.

Until then, I still recommend tightening the tinfoil hat and off to the CT forum.

There is every type of information out there for everyone depending on what you're looking,what you seek you will find when it comes to the internet.
    There are lies, and there is truth.

Anti-vax information is typically lies.

• Advertisement

what does that have to do with vaccinations? I suggest you take all that wonderful life experience and use it to make a point and stick to it. There is a definite bang of G O' D from you.

It has everything to do with its literally the same scientists,you "trust the science" so i take it you are fully behind that science too,if you are not you are just cherry picking which science to trust.

Whats G O D got to do with this i'd love you to explain to me that one.Its again another one of them go to put downs when someone is making too much sense for your subjugated mind.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,060 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Is that the best you can do.You have no evidence either only biased evidence financed by who? i could trawl the internet and find you some pointless study from an anti vaxxer and you could find another study saying the opposite and where does that get us?

Again its unfortunate you are a mod so you internet a lot which hinders your mind from independent thought,your mind has so much knowledge without links and studies and information from some Youtuber or some internet source where do you think all great knowledge began?By thinking with independent thought which people are unable to do with all the distractions of modern living.

What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

You started posting here, insulting people so you can't suddenly expect us to take what you say in good faith.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

It has everything to do with its literally the same scientists,you "trust the science" so i take it you are fully behind that science too,if you are not you are just cherry picking which science to trust.

Whats G O D got to do with this i'd love you to explain to me that one.Its again another one of them go to put downs when someone is making too much sense for your subjugated mind.

I'll leave it here. too much misplaced rage from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Graces7 wrote: »
    As one of the " immunocompromised people who are not able to be vaccinated", I would never expect anyone to go against their beliefs or doubts re vaccines ( which doubts and beliefs I share) for my needs. It is up to me to protect myself and adopt a lifestyle appropriate to my needs and safety. Which I do to very good effect.

I'm another one of those immunocompromised people. And I'm also someone who believes vaccines should be compulsory for school attendance. This is for a variety of reasons, but is obviously a bit selfish - and not only borne from fear, but experience. I was unlucky enough several years ago to contract whooping cough - one of those things that can be vaccinated against - around a decade ago. I would not wish that on anyone.

On that final point: I have a adopted a lifestyle appropriate to my various illnesses. It's one that involves a lot of medication, a very strict diet, always wearing a medical ID bracelet and carrying my medical details, never going anywhere without researching medical services, and loads of other little things. My illnesses effectively control a significant portion of my life already. I will not - and should not have to - become a hermit at the age of 29 because people believe their personal opinions are more important than scientific consensus.

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    I'm another one of those immunocompromised people. And I'm also someone who believes vaccines should be compulsory for school attendance. This is for a variety of reasons, but is obviously a bit selfish - and not only borne from fear, but experience. I was unlucky enough several years ago to contract whooping cough - one of those things that can be vaccinated against - around a decade ago. I would not wish that on anyone.

On that final point: I have a adopted a lifestyle appropriate to my various illnesses. It's one that involves a lot of medication, a very strict diet, always wearing a medical ID bracelet and carrying my medical details, never going anywhere without researching medical services, and loads of other little things. My illnesses effectively control a significant portion of my life already. I will not - and should not have to - become a hermit at the age of 29 because people believe their personal opinions are more important than scientific consensus.

As long as you support the science consensus on anti puberty medication to children which is happening,then you at least are not cherry picking which science consensus to believe,like some others are doing.

• Advertisement

As long as you support the science consensus on anti puberty medication to children which is happening,then you at least are not cherry picking which science consensus to believe,like some others are doing.

Is there a science consensus on them?

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭PHG

Firstly, age does not imply knowledge or wisdom. This life experience stuff is waffle, ala I am older than you so know more and demand respect! Plenty or stupid people out there of all ages, including myself at time. We on't all lead the same journey and don't always take in the same things. An outgoing 20 year old may have more life experience than a secluded 50 year old, or even an experienced 50 year old.

Surely, the simplest of minds can see the evidence from modern medicine, vaccinations etc., is that we are living a lot longer now than ever!!

What you are talking about is philosophy, whereas knowledge comes from research and critical about about issues.

On a side note, the Irish medicinal system tends not to medicate any children unless necessary. We are not the US. Many GP's, psychiatrists, psychologists etc., refer patients to counselling, mindfulness, meditation, exercise etc. an,d only medicate if necessary. How do I know, I have been through the system to refer to my life experience (and no I am not saying it is perfect) and regularly meditate, exercise etc.,

So for want of a better way to say it, you are coming across as quite arrogant, no knowledge, and talking pure ****e.

PHG wrote: »
    Firstly, age does not imply knowledge or wisdom. This life experience stuff is waffle, ala I am older than you so know more and demand respect! Plenty or stupid people out there of all ages, including myself at time. We on't all lead the same journey and don't always take in the same things. An outgoing 20 year old may have more life experience than a secluded 50 year old, or even an experienced 50 year old.

Surely, the simplest of minds can see the evidence from modern medicine, vaccinations etc., is that we are living a lot longer now than ever!!

What you are talking about is philosophy, whereas knowledge comes from research and critical about about issues.

I never said age implies wisdom or meant it,just experience different experiences because until you experience something you don't really believe it,you might think you know it from what you read but you don't behave in your life accordingly,until you experience it.

I dunno at all,if you read the bible we used to be able to make 1000 years now we are only making 100 we seem to have got worse but seriously doctors/science have lost all credibility on this whole trans issue if you ask me,it clearly is wrong to mutilate a childs body before they have become an adult to decide themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I never said age implies wisdom or meant it,just experience different experiences because until you experience something you don't really believe it,you might think you know it from what you read but you don't behave in your life accordingly,until you experience it.

I dunno at all,if you read the bible we used to be able to make 1000 years now we are only making 100 we seem to have got worse but seriously doctors/science have lost all credibility on this whole trans issue if you ask me,it clearly is wrong to mutilate a childs body before they have become an adult to decide themselves

:pac:

PHG wrote: »

So for want of a better way to say it, you are coming across as quite arrogant, no knowledge, and talking pure ****e.

Feel better,i have not resorted to insults i think in reality my knowledge is too much for the regular subjugated human,i'm a free man with a free mind take care off yourself man don't forget to bring your son to have his anti puberty meds if he decides hes a girl.

I'm sorry if you are providing the bible as proof of anything then you are talking nonsense. Do you also believe the world is 6000 years old?

Feel better,i have not resorted to insults i think in reality my knowledge is too much for the regular subjugated human,i'm a free man with a free mind take care off yourself man don't forget to bring your son to have his anti puberty meds if he decides hes a girl.

maybe you haven't resorted to direct insults but you are extremely condescending which more than makes up for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Is it just trans folk you have an issue with, or what about anyone that has surgery or takes medication to correct the defect in their body?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Big Gerry

endacl wrote: »
    Always available, and never more than a google away.

You shouldn't have to google the PIL and not everyone is computer literate.

I wonder what the never question vaccines brigade have to say about about stories like the one below ?

This young woman who put her faith in vaccines has had her life destroyed.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/woman-settles-case-alleging-swine-flu-vaccine-link-to-narcolepsy-1.4088119

• Advertisement

Big Gerry wrote: »
    I wonder what the never question vaccines brigade have to say about about stories like the one below ?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/woman-settles-case-alleging-swine-flu-vaccine-link-to-narcolepsy-1.4088119

Already discussed on the thread, try the search function?

Why are most anti vaxxers on here also shilling for the scrote Barrett and gems?

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

I believe the key words here are " alleged" and " claimed"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Given the "compo culture" where people can successfully claim for spilling coffee on themselves it's not surprising pharmaceutical companies have to pay out on claims.
    But that doesn't mean that the vaccine was actually the cause, just that the judge decided to award the claim.

Off topic but it is perhaps in the legal professions interest to have compensation paid out as it incentives others to claim creating further work.

Given the "compo culture" where people can successfully claim for spilling coffee on themselves it's not surprising pharmaceutical companies have to pay out on claims.
    But that doesn't mean that the vaccine was actually the cause, just that the judge decided to award the claim.

Off topic but it is perhaps in the legal professions interest to have compensation paid out as it incentives others to claim creating further work.

So you're basically implying that young women is a scam artist .

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Already discussed on the thread, try the search function?

Why are most anti vaxxers on here also shilling for the scrote Barrett and gems?

No idea I'm not "anti vax" per say and I have no involvement with either of those two individuals.

I Just don't understand how people can think vaccines carry no risk and we should believe without question whatever Doctors or the HSE tell us as if their infallible.

Its like during the boom if you questioned mainstream economists you were seen as some sort of crank.

No idea I'm not "anti vax" per say and I have no involvement with either of those two individuals.

I Just don't understand how people can think vaccines carry no risk and we should believe without question whatever Doctors or the HSE tell us as if their infallible.

as has been explained to you already nobody believes there are no risks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Martina1991

Big Gerry wrote:
    Nobody here has said that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I'm sorry if you are providing the bible as proof of anything then you are talking nonsense. Do you also believe the world is 6000 years old?
    22 October 4004 BC.

Around six-ish in the evening, "on the beginning of the night".

Which depends on where the Garden of Eden was.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

So more than 6000 years old. The holes in the pro Vax camp position are starting to appear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Its like during the boom if you questioned mainstream economists you were seen as some sort of crank.
    Nobody thinks that vaccines have no risks.

We recognise that the minuscule risk posed by vaccines is worth it compared to the much, much larger risk posed by vaccine preventable illnesses.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement