Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anti-vaxxers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭paul71

mountai wrote: »
    Schools were instructed "Do not include any information other than , that issued by HSE ".
    All the reactions I mentioned are listed in the PIL as " Possible side effects" .
    I hope none of your children suffer from any illness , because if they do , I will not believe you .

On the other hand I am intimately acquainted with the side effect of non vaccination, you may have heard of it. It's called Death.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The great thing about living on a crappy rock is that not only is it physically isolated, no-one wants to visit it anyway and (inadvertently or otherwise) bring diseases with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

paul71 wrote: »
    On the other hand I am intimately acquainted with the side effect of non vaccination, you may have heard of it. It's called Death.

Really? Amazing that Homo Sapiens have survived the best part of 300,000 years without it. Are you saying we should be extinct by now?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Really? Amazing that Homo Sapiens have survived the best part of 300,000 years without it. Are you saying we should be extinct by now?
    Peoples life spans have increased due to modern medicines which include vaccines. Are you disagreeing with this fact?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,411 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNQ5ypbFSupiIF3qbCa8_NQIosW1Xg%3A1580067504553&ei=sOotXq2vIYy6gAa_95eoCg&q=life+expectancy+1600&oq=life+expectancy+1600&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.0l3j0i22i30l5.1161.3388..4591...0.1..0.133.567.0j5......0....1.........0i71j0i67j33i160.hOTq8QDG2KA
    17th-century English life expectancy was only about 35 years, largely because infant and child mortality remained high. Life expectancy was under 25 years in the early Colony of Virginia, and in seventeenth-century New England, about 40percent died before reaching adulthood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

"Intimately acquainted" ??? . Make a comeback , did you !!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

You're hilarious. Use that gag at funerals for our loved ones who died from what are now preventable diseases, thanks to vaccines, do you? Anybody who lost somebody close is intimately acquainted with the result of infections.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,786 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Uhh, we died and were disfigured by our hundreds of millions. Have a read of what smallpox does to a person and how many have died from it (clue: hundreds of millions) We managed to invent something that has almost completely eradicated it

Jesus christ, some of the comments in this thread

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    Uhh, we died and were disfigured by our hundreds of millions. Have a read of what smallpox does to a person and how many have died from it (clue: hundreds of millions) We managed to invent something that has almost completely eradicated it

Jesus christ, some of the comments in this thread
    No.

300 million people died from smallpox in the 20th century.

ZERO deaths since 1978 because we completely eradicated it. (apart from the US and Russian disease lab samples)

Even if you believe that vaccines are unsafe they are far safer than the alternative.

Even if vaccines were unsafe for diseases we can completely eradicate you have to balance the risks today with the deaths every year, forever if you don't stop the disease now.

Polio, Guinea worm , yaws, rubella,river blindness, mumps and measles should be consigned to history ASAP.

Malaria too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Some polio victims may disagree with you.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

We should go back to the prehistoric way of living? Is this the point you're trying to make?

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Plenty of these out there

zzx0thz4z0d41.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,289 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

There are a few good ones alright:

funny-anti-vaxx-memes-2-5c6fcc799af15__700.jpg

funny-anti-vaxx-memes-1-5c6fc934b4fdd__700.jpg

funny-anti-vaxx-memes-18-5c6ff440eda71__700.jpg

funny-anti-vaxx-memes-23-5c700b84b4cb0__700.jpg

funny-anti-vaxx-memes-22-5c6ff7d1a5d69__700.jpg

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

Amazing that billions died before it, you are talking about a population where women had to have 12 to 15 children in order to maintain zero population growth for a few hundred thousand years.

Read the thread, my 9 year old cousin was killed by anti vaxers like you. Much as would like him to make a comeback, there is none from that "side effect" of the poison you spread.

You're hilarious. Use that gag at funerals for our loved ones who died from what are now preventable diseases, thanks to vaccines, do you? Anybody who lost somebody close is intimately acquainted with the result of infections.

Yeah open invitation to him to come visit my cousins grave and explain his views to his mother, brother, sister and nephews and nieces he never got to meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭mountai

Firstly , Im not an antivaxer , secondly , was it an illness that killed your cousin or did some person get charged with the death??.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Firstly , Im not an antivaxer
    when I read that I'm waiting for the "but..."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Firstly , Im not an antivaxer , secondly , was it an illness that killed your cousin or did some person get charged with the death??.

Look back in this thread for the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,999 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Interesting reading on autism. More and more evidence (real, honest to ghods evidence) of a genetic component. Not due to vaccines, of course.

https://www.skepticalraptor.com/skepticalraptorblog.php/genes-and-autism-more-evidence-that-it-has-nothing-to-do-with-vaccines/

Couple of quotes:

"The researchers performed the largest exome sequencing study of autism spectrum disorder (ASD) to date (n = 35,584 total samples, 11,986 with ASD)."

"102 genes are implicated in the risk for autism spectrum disorder."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Japan have one of the highest rates of autism, yet they have not had the MMR jabs for years I believe.

[HTML][/HTML]

Absolute bull, you are an anti vaxer and your posting shows it. He died of measels, an easily preventable disease which would now be extinct like smallpox but is not because of the disgusting tactics of anti vaxers like you. As I have already said here I would like to see anti vaxers face criminal prosecution.

Schools were instructed "Do not include any information other than , that issued by HSE ".
    All the reactions I mentioned are listed in the PIL as " Possible side effects" .
    I hope none of your children suffer from any illness , because if they do , I will not believe you .

Anti Vax drivel and garbage, emotional appeals based on no scientific fact. Fools may read this choose not to vacinate kids and the result is death.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

[HTML][/HTML]

Absolute bull, you are an anti vaxer and your posting shows it. He died of measels, an easily preventable disease which would now be extinct like smallpox but is not because of the disgusting tactics of anti vaxers like you. As I have already said here I would like to see anti vaxers face criminal prosecution.

There was talk of charging Wakefield with Manslaughter in the UK. Corporate greed has had people charged with worse. In Ireland I think it would have been an interesting case in regards the SHWW act and have him charged with manslaughter. I think he could face 2 years and a 3million euro fine here if it were possible, not sure what the punishment is in the UK.

CramCycle wrote: »
    There was talk of charging Wakefield with Manslaughter in the UK. Corporate greed has had people charged with worse. In Ireland I think it would have been an interesting case in regards the SHWW act and have him charged with manslaughter. I think he could face 2 years and a 3million euro fine here if it were possible, not sure what the punishment is in the UK.

He lives in the US in a multimillion dollar mansion in the US and given that the Brits can't extradite Harry Dunn's killer then this sadly won't be happening soon.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

He lives in the US in a multimillion dollar mansion and given that the Brits can't extradite Harry Dunn's killer then this sadly won't be happening soon.

It won't ever happen, it was more interesting. I don't think they ever put out charges (maybe they did), more an interesting point. He done this as a senior manager in business, his actions disregarded the safety of both employees/patients and consumers. I am wondering could it be done, I think it would fall under the remit of the SHWW Act, and would be an interesting test case, but like i said, not sure if it was realistically considered or if the UK has similar legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Japan have one of the highest rates of autism, yet they have not had the MMR jabs for years I believe.
    Any source for the claim on the high rates?

https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ijpedi/2018/5374725/

Wow, didn't realise Japan had banned the MMR...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-17509/Why-Japan-banned-MMR-vaccine.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-17509/Why-Japan-banned-MMR-vaccine.html

Are you back to start denying 350 million deaths from Smallpox after your last drivel post?

The British Department of Health said Japan had used a type of MMR which included a strain of mumps vaccine that had particular problems and was discontinued in the UK because of safety concerns.

And they've had their biggest Measles outbreak in years recently:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/world/asia/japan-measles-outbreak.html

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement

And they've had their biggest Measles outbreak in years recently:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/22/world/asia/japan-measles-outbreak.html

Yeap, 140,000 worldwide deaths from measles last year. A disease that should be extinct by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement