Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RoryDublin

Agree...
    I like the show on Sunday evenings dedicated to the Irish talent (Locals Only With Gavin Glass)

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

has everyone given up on the breakfast show?

It does be on in work. Definitely some of the worst radio I have ever heard. Come in Mr Hayes your time is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭Doodah7

What is driving me mad about Nova is the CONSTANT rehash at every ad break of the 'funneh' bits of the Breakfast Show for the rest of the day and over the weekend. If you are driving for an hour, your will hear the same drawn out, rehearsed, 'fun' interaction between the two presenters at least twice if not more. It is boring and it is tedious.

Can the programmers just keep the Breakfast Show to breakfast time without ramming it down the throats of listeners ad nauseam for the rest of day?? Frankly it has got to the stage where it is almost a listener-hostile act where they want to actively put people off listening...

I don't hear Marty Miller or Liam Quigley being pimped EVERY SINGLE AD BREAK hour after hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Doodah7 wrote: »
    What is driving me mad about Nova is the CONSTANT rehash at every ad break of the 'funneh' bits of the Breakfast Show for the rest of the day and over the weekend. If you are driving for an hour, your will hear the same drawn out, rehearsed, 'fun' interaction between the two presenters at least twice if not more. It is boring and it is tedious.

Can the programmers just keep the Breakfast Show to breakfast time without ramming it down the throats of listeners ad nauseam for the rest of day?? Frankly it has got to the stage where it is almost a listener-hostile act where they want to actively put people off listening...

I don't hear Marty Miller or Liam Quigley being pimped EVERY SINGLE AD BREAK hour after hour...

this is 100% why I stopped listening, does my nut in!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

What is this rugby bollocks they persist with? Elitist, exclusive trivial egg-chasing toffery played by fee schooled buffoons from areas of society that wouldn't be spotted within 1,000 yards of the ordinary oul working class nova listenership. Brint Pap chatting ragby with Pet Courtneeey on Ireland's latest rugby misadventure. Just play some music and end this ****ology.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Doodah7 wrote: »

If you read back throughout the posts you'll realise that Haze runs the station...hence the constant plugging of his show...on his station...Branigan is basically there to comment on the JNLR figures....he' the face...Haze is the ass. ...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭newspower

It does be on in work. Definitely some of the worst radio I have ever heard. Come in Mr Hayes your time is up.

If they played that terrible excuse for a Breakfast show in my place of work everyday I would not arrive in until its over. I'd probably even consider joining a Union :D:D:D

And those constant adverts for the breakfast show are so annoying. THEY ARE NOT FUNNY. I would love to see the figures to see do they even have many listeners. Maybe 2fm will take Hayes back....

As for Pat Courtney. He does play some good music but he talks complete S***E.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

What is this rugby bollocks they persist with? Elitist, exclusive trivial egg-chasing toffery played by fee schooled buffoons from areas of society that wouldn't be spotted within 1,000 yards of the ordinary oul working class nova listenership. Brint Pap chatting ragby with Pet Courtneeey on Ireland's latest rugby misadventure. Just play some music and end this ****ology.

That's one of the shows I really like. I usually play my own spotify lists in the car but I always listen to the Pat Courtney show when Brent Pope is on. Then again, I'm a rugby fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭prunudo

Private investigation and Purple rain played with 20 odd mins of each other, Phil Cawley playing a blinder, what the Nova playlist should be like.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

prunudo wrote: »
    Private investigation and Purple rain played with 20 odd mins of each other, Phil Cawley playing a blinder, what the Nova playlist should be like.

purple rain is played most days on Nova...heard Private Investigations a few times too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Do they still have the annoying bits with the guy with the Louth accent on during every break? Had to switch off before Christmas because it was driving me insane. I miss the music though. Today FM is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Still Ill wrote: »
    Do they still have the annoying bits with the guy with the Louth accent on during every break? Had to switch off before Christmas because it was driving me insane. I miss the music though. Today FM is terrible.

I think they do. How did you work out it was a Louth accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭prunudo

purple rain is played most days on Nova...heard Private Investigations a few times too

Oh yeah, they're not unique, have heard them in the past but as I don't listen much any more it was still refreshing to hear 2 good songs close together as I was driving earlier, especially playing all of Purple Rain with the guitar solo outro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I think they do. How did you work out it was a Louth accent?

Haha... Maybe I'm way off :pac:

Where do you think he's from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,453 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Haha... Maybe I'm way off :pac:

Where do you think he's from?

He could be from anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

I am sure that is Keith Walsh 2FM doing those annoying Nova promo ads

While on the subject of ad's..is that Larry Gogans vo on the Lidl ad....??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

It 100% isn't.

They're absolutely chronic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭Homer

It 100% isn't.

They're absolutely chronic though.

What do you expect.. they were thought up by that dunce Hayes

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Annascaul

Just wondering, but has Radio Nova on 100,3 FM from Three Rock reduced the power of the transmitter? The signal was always rather strong, and I could always pick it up, all the way to Dundalk.

They also seem to have added another low power frequency in Balbriggan, but that doesn't really make up for the apparent reduction of transmitting power in Dublin.

• Advertisement

Annascaul wrote: »
    Just wondering, but has Radio Nova on 100,3 FM from Three Rock reduced the power of the transmitter? The signal was always rather strong, and I could always pick it up, all the way to Dundalk.

They also seem to have added another low power frequency in Balbriggan, but that doesn't really make up for the apparent reduction of transmitting power in Dublin.

You'll need to ask someone who gives a sh1t.......:P

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Annascaul

You'll need to ask someone who gives a sh1t.......:P

Maybe somebody does.

I may not be the only one who noticed that the coverage of the 100.3 around Dublin has been better before.

At least I did. The signal of Radio Nova 100.3 was always way stronger than 98 FM oder FM 104, or Q102.

Annascaul wrote: »

Probably just another bill that kkkkkkkevin hasn’t paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Howitzer the 5th

Homer wrote: »
    Probably just another bill that kkkkkkkevin hasn’t paid.

C--ccccccannnnnotttttt afford it. Its all going on the labour court and paying the wages of the programme director.

C--ccccccannnnnotttttt afford it. Its all going on the labour court and paying the wages of the programme director.

Maybe time for some "Chhh chhh chhh changes.".......:p

For most Nova listeners, thats a Bowie song btw....;)

Maybe time for some "Chhh chhh chhh changes.".......:p

For most Nova listeners, thats a Bowie song....;)

Are that other pair still on in the morning..............:D

f26c291dab58eeb3fa8e93e5d3487758.gif

Kevin has spent more time on the steps of Dublin courts than most brazzers in the city ever have... and been found guilty more often too

Yeah..people keep going up to him and asking him for an Evening Herald......:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 BetterWay

Homer wrote: »
    Kevin has spent more time on the steps of Dublin courts than most brazzers in the city ever have... and been found guilty more often too

Ive only heard about Sinead's case been made public. Who else spanked one of the most disliked people in the Irish radio industry?

There's definitely been out of court settlements that never made the Irish media too.

• Advertisement

Mr.Potato head on The six o'clock show the other night.....he looked uncomfortable. ..clearly a face for radio....:)

Advertisement