Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

FanadMan wrote: »
    It's the musically dead idiots like Colon and Loopy and Producer Clint who, rather than having a passion for music and broadcasting, are just doing a job instead. They really don't give a sh1t as long as they get exposure and a paycheck.

To confirm. You think Lucy Kennedy is putting the playlist together for an online streaming service?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Was great to hear the classic rock legend Alice Merton on Nova yesterday. Hopefully she'll be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

To confirm. You think Lucy Kennedy is putting the playlist together for an online streaming service?

She could'nt even put a sentence together unless Colin's written it down for her ....in crayon....

Phil Cawley on .....says he's permanent...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

Is/Was Phil permanent with today fm/communicorp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

"Near wild heaven" by REM has been played 5 times in the last 11 hours, ditto "hold me" by fleetwood mac, maybe others. What is up with these freaks?

https://onlineradiobox.com/ie/nova/playlist/?cs=ie.nova

Is there an online classic station that plays similar artists, but has more than 4 songs to pick from each artist?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

The whole pre-recorded thing last night sounded very poor, pauses and dead air, links not smooth at all, various songs repeated several times, just really sloppy overall.

amlinopta wrote: »
    very poor, pauses and dead air, links not smooth at all
    I'd still prefer that compared to some prick with a put on accent babbling crap. Last week the main talk between songs went like this

"I'm ringing in for the competition"
    "I haven't announced you should ring in yet"
    "OK sorry"
    "Ok bye"

I feel sorry for the decent DJs who do have decent facts/chat etc. I wonder if they listen to the others at home and just cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Posted this in Colm and Lucy by mistake, so I’ll post it here now. Just a perfectly normal news headline from Nova here. Absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. Pr1cks.

https://www.nova.ie/man-who-slaughtered-one-night-stand-loses-murder-appeal-173297/?fbclid=IwAR176zfSb-ggQUMNo0JXLnB_G5xUPyGQEJn-3zzuiD7xynAZMuTCg8KGHyA

That is sickening, imagine the family reading that.

As for the other poster in the other thread saying it could be a cut & paste -I cannot find the same on google. But even if it was if your job is to cut & paste you would not do it blindly, its not like it was some sentence deep in the text that might have been skimmed past, its a big bold headline. Utterly disgusting, and I am not easily offended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

rubadub wrote: »
    That is sickening, imagine the family reading that.

As for the other poster in the other thread saying it could be a cut & paste -I cannot find the same on google. But even if it was if your job is to cut & paste you would not do it blindly, its not like it was some sentence deep in the text that might have been skimmed past, its a big bold headline. Utterly disgusting, and I am not easily offended.

Same here, I’m not a perpetually offended type. But there’s something really nasty about this. They have it on their Facebook page and despite people letting them know how bad it is they’ve left it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,347 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Phil Cawley actually makes the station somewhat listenable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

is it usual to have a name check in every link ? Listening to Jack Hyland yesterday EVERY link was *this is Jack Hyland* yeah yeah we got it after the first 20 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

is it usual to have a name check in every link ? Listening to Jack Hyland yesterday EVERY link was *this is Jack Hyland* yeah yeah we got it after the first 20 times.

The station style must dictate that he can't JACK it in and produce a broken link.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Is Pat James talking a break tonight? I notice that the digital station Classic Rock is on autopilot tonight (and it's not his kind of music mix either!).

Is Pat James talking a break tonight? I notice that the digital station Classic Rock is on autopilot tonight (and it's not his kind of music mix either!).

Maybe he didnt get a christmas card from "Col and Kev".............:p.

Pat has the flu I believe but hopes to be back next Sunday.

Pat has the flu I believe but hopes to be back next Sunday.
    Thanks. My grammar is gone to pot - talking instead of taking!

When I heard Down Down by Status Quo, followed by Leave It by Yes, I knew something was up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

it was a bad move moving Pat off FM. how exactly has this benefitted the station?

it was a bad move moving Pat off FM. how exactly has this benefitted the station?

It reminds of the old saying: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

• Advertisement

It's well known (in nova towers) that Hayes doesn't like Pat or rock music in general.....but Kev and Pat go back a bit so sadly for Pat he was shafted by his so-called "mate" Branigan...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭prunudo

Have to say, Phil Cawley is a perfect fit for the station. With himself, Liam Quigley and John Clarke I'd be quite happy listening more regularly. Okay its playlist isn't Planetrock but the 3 lads play decent enough music with limited but professional links.

prunudo wrote: »
    Okay its playlist isn't Planetrock
    I had more of a playlist on my phone in 2005. it's utterly embarrassing. Up next Prince, you know that 3 hit wonder guy, purple rain, little red corvette or raspberry beret.

I am using this site now and its amazing, listening to stuff I never would put on like Grateful Dead and hearing songs I never knew the name of. There is a "blend option" to mix different genres.

https://www.accuradio.com/sixties/

Dont forget 8radio at the weekends for "live" music.....;)

Listening to Anne Marie atm....brilliant selection of tracks....

Pat James moving to saturdays...is this true...??

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pat James

Yes Max, Saturday Nights starting Feb. 8th. Those Monday mornings were starting to get to me.

Dont forget 8radio at the weekends for "live" music.....;)

Listening to Anne Marie atm....brilliant selection of tracks....

Pat James moving to saturdays...is this true...??

The move is happening during February I believe. The time slot and Digital location remain the same. 9PM to 1AM

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

has everyone given up on the breakfast show?

Sadly it seems to be still going ,with the juvenile set-up "fart" jokes on at every (i assume) ad breaks.....:rolleyes:

Tanx Pat....nice to see you on here...any comments on Nova maybe.??..careful now !!!.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

absolutely - I just can't listen to the toilet talk and unfunny jokes. In fact I've stopped listening to nova at all now.

• Advertisement

Kamili wrote: »
    absolutely - I just can't listen to the toilet talk and unfunny jokes. In fact I've stopped listening to nova at all now.

I still jump in and out..the lunchtime show is about the only one i can stand..decent (if cheesy) tracks....Courtenay can play the odd one too but he's such a fool..he was banging on today about how bad R.E.M's "Shiney happy people " was....then he plays it..of all the songs in their catalogue he had to play it.....all that hair dye has fcuked his brain.:rolleyes:

Advertisement