Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭RINO87

sweet_trip wrote: »
    Not a follower of this thread at all, first time even seeing it tbh. But I do a bit of driving for work from time to time and when I'm up around dublin Nova is the station I'll switch to.

Purely because its one of the only stations I can get on the van radio that isn't diabolical. I've no fancy bluetooth or digital radio on the ball of scrap so nova is the best thing since sliced bread when I'm driving.

It's just nice to listen to something that isn't the same 5 horrendous auto-tuned pop songs on loop. It reminds me a bit of rock station from grand theft auto. I swear every time I tune in free bird or something is playing...althouh they cut the song the moment the solo started :mad:

No need to be all high horse about it. It probably is the best FM radio station we can get in Ireland.

If we're talking best digital stations for music and variety. Then NTS radio wins for me.

It was, at one stage.... Nova has gone so far to sh1t in the last few years its actually hard to put into words. Its crap. Pity, it was my go to when driving in dublin for a long time too. I'm happier now to scan about and hopefully pick up a pirate... or something interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Anyone hear Hayes making an announcement during Morty's show?

Only heard that 'nova will not be commenting further'.

Is he leaving???? Please God , yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'd imagine its yet ANOTHER promo for yet ANOTHER Hayes/Kennedy show..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Anyone hear Hayes making an announcement during Morty's show?

Only heard that 'nova will not be commenting further'.

Is he leaving???? Please God , yes.

Either Pat Courtney has been chloroformed (thank god) or Nova is shutting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

New boss being announced on August 17th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭its_steve116

AlgerShane wrote: »
    New boss being announced on August 17th

Brannigan going?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Brannigan going?

Hayes I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Homer

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Hayes I think

Unfortunately not :mad:

Its Colon Hayes attempt at being witty.. They will be broadcasting a one hour radio show hosted by Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen that was sold to loads of stations around the world.. so not even an exclusive ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

another radiothon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭prunudo

Homer wrote: »

Its Colon Hayes attempt at being witty.. They will be broadcasting a one hour radio show hosted by Bruce "The Boss" Springsteen that was sold to loads of stations around the world.. so not even an exclusive ffs

He's some ****

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Do you think it's reasonable to expect that a tiny radio station in Ireland would have a world exclusive on Bruce Springsteen's show?

FFS indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Homer

Do you think it's reasonable to expect that a tiny radio station in Ireland would have a world exclusive on Bruce Springsteen's show?

FFS indeed.

If it was being sold for €1 kkkkkkevin still couldn’t afford it. FFS indeed indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Do you think it's reasonable to expect that a tiny radio station in Ireland would have a world exclusive on Bruce Springsteen's show?.
    As long as they are not trying to suggest they do have exclusive rights I would have no problem.

But they do have these weird ads/voiceover playing songs where they say something like "you can only hear it on Nova since only Nova can play it". I first noticed it with that newish cranberries song they were playing to death, I thought they somehow had exclusive rights to it or something. Until I heard them trotting out the same line for other well known old songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

kkkkkkevin

WTF, are you 12 years old?

WTF, are you 12 years old?

Why...you looking for a date...........:p:D:D

I seriously thought you couldn't get much worse than Colm and Lucy's inane ramblings but Ruth Scott just proved me wrong.

So she stubbed her toe against her wardrobe because she was barefoot - Ruth pet, who gives a flying phook.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

If it was being sold for €1 kkkkkkevin still couldn’t afford it. FFS indeed indeed

Thats a pretty low road to go down to shame someone for their speech impediment. :mad::mad::mad:

Thats a pretty low road to go down to shame someone for their speech impediment. :mad::mad::mad:

Boils my piss when any derogatory statement against someone else is "shaming".

Calling Gemma Collins fat isn't fat shaming. Saying Jonathan Ross can't pronounces his "r"s correctly isn't speech shaming. Noticing other people's imperfections and even joking about them isn't shaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

Boils my piss when any derogatory statement against someone else is "shaming".

Calling Gemma Collins fat isn't fat shaming. Saying Jonathan Ross can't pronounces his "r"s correctly isn't speech shaming. Noticing other people's imperfections and even joking about them isn't shaming.

For the most part I would totally agree with you but in this instance there was no need for it at all. It wasn't said in anything but a derogatory way.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

rubadub wrote: »
    As long as they are not trying to suggest they do have exclusive rights I would have no problem.

But they do have these weird ads/voiceover playing songs where they say something like "you can only hear it on Nova since only Nova can play it". I first noticed it with that newish cranberries song they were playing to death, I thought they somehow had exclusive rights to it or something. Until I heard them trotting out the same line for other well known old songs.

Yeah, what is that about? I have tried Googling to see what they mean but can't find anything to shed light on it. They said it before playing Moby the other day and before playing Neil Young one day. How can they declare their station the only one that can play these songs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Fizzlesque wrote: »
    Yeah, what is that about? I have tried Googling to see what they mean but can't find anything to shed light on it. They said it before playing Moby the other day and before playing Neil Young one day. How can they declare their station the only one that can play these songs?

They think it will pull in listeners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I also heard them say it before Layla and American Pie. Doubt they have exclusive rights to all these songs somehow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

I don't know when I've listened to normal Nova last. I was a faithful listener but in the last couple of years it's gone to crap completely. The two idiots in the morning make a mockery of what is supposed to be a classic rock channel. And since the lockdown stopped the Friday Night Rock Show, I only listen to OTR, and that's only on one of the digital channels.

Branigan has a lot to answer for.....firstly hiring that idiot Hayes and his air headed side-kick. Also allowing the producers to chose the playlists rather than let the djs play what the listeners want.

Planet Rock FTW! \m/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Some kind of major announcement today on their FB page, states they have a new owner and changes from next week!

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Some kind of major announcement today on their FB page, states they have a new owner and changes from next week!

Huh? It never said anything about new owners or changes.

It said new boss which is probably Springsteen's new syndicated show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,940 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Oh I thought it was referring to a new station owner/manager :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Oh I thought it was referring to a new station owner/manager :)

We're not that lucky :(

I hear Hayes had to Google who he was......he thought he was Australia's version of Matress Mick.........:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭prunudo

I saw the post myself and it just shows how egotistical Hayes is that he would post something like that. He knows he's divisive all that post does is bring out the comments from people who put 2+2 and get 5 thinking theres going to be a big change. He's a cancer to the station. Rock station me hole, classic hits is actually a better station and its from the same stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Dub Ste

prunudo wrote: »
    I saw the post myself and it just shows how egotistical Hayes is that he would post something like that. He knows he's divisive all that post does is bring out the comments from people who put 2+2 and get 5 thinking theres going to be a big change. He's a cancer to the station. Rock station me hole, classic hits is actually a better station and its from the same stable.

I said the same thing on FB a year or so ago, saying that it's just as well they share the same building, they can use 4FM's CD collection.
    Must have hit a nerve, as their mid morning presenter replied to me saying, that I didn't mind winning prizes off them, but now am "bagging" the station, and if I didn't like it, I could switch off.
    And that's what I did.

Nova started out as great station,but over the past few years it's gone downhill quite rapidly.

I was off work last week, up a ladder decorating and thought I'd give Nova a shot.
    When said mid morning presenter played Duran Duran, and Come on Eileen by Dexy's, I switched off again.

It's a shame really, Nova had quite a lot going for it when it started...

Advertisement