Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

radio nova

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Just searching to see when he usually plays and find this
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ex-disc-jockey-gets-1-year-suspended-sentence-for-an-assault-on-his-wife-1.295710
    A Dublin disc jockey who beat his wife has received a 12 month suspended sentence from Judge Elizabeth Dunne at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court. Former FM 104 and Century Radio DJ Greg Gaughran (39), of Fairways Green, Finglas, pleaded guilty to assault causing harm to Mrs Liz Gaughran on July 4th last.

Gaughran was on the air at FM 104 until he pleaded guilty to the offence on March 2nd last. He lost his job and was granted legal aid before the hearing. Garda Mick Hubbard told Mr Conor Devally, prosecuting, that Gaughran began shouting at his wife when she returned to their home before breaking a telephone and savagely assaulting her.

He followed her up the stairs and pushed her into the bathroom where he kicked and punched her as well as pulling her hair.

Garda Hubbard said Gaughran then put his foot against her chest and kicked her into the bath. He continued to kick and punch her, leaving her face badly scarred and bloodied. He broke his watch during the assault.

Gaughran's two daughters, aged nine and seven, witnessed the incident.

Mrs Gaughran went to a neighbour's house where the gardai and an ambulance were called. Gaughran told gardai he got very drunk and "lost it". Garda Hubbard said Mrs Gaughran's face, arms and legs were badly cut and she had a deep abrasion to the back of her head. The wounds healed after four to six weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,048 ✭✭✭prunudo

Knew it was old news but didn't realise it was nearly 20 years ago. The years are flying by.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

rubadub wrote: »

Why would you even post this...it's got nothing to do with nova....?:rolleyes:

Why would you even post this...it's got nothing to do with nova....?:rolleyes:
    yeah, absolutely nothing at all, ZERO connection, would not be of interest to anybody :rolleyes:

I can see why you say that, if he is in your top 2
    Guys who do we think is the best presenter on Nova?
    Peter Devlin
    Greg Goughran

thats it for me....sad but true...:)
    If he was one of your least favourite I imagine you would bring it up, probably have a nick name related to the incident for him, like all your other little names you have when abusing & ridiculing them.

rubadub wrote: »

Yeah right...what did u type into Google.."Greg Goughran wife beater."...that's what some knob like Haze would do....:P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 277 ✭✭Danthemanhere

I never liked Gaughran, something smarmy about him. That article has changed my view of him from dislike to hatred. What a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ford fiesta

that article shouldn't have been brought up here. let people find it themselves..

that article shouldn't have been brought up here. let people find it

Mods should have deleated it....if I'd have posted it they would....;)

Why delete it? It's not made up, it happened. Scumbags shouldn't have their crimes hidden.

Why delete it? It's not made up, it happened. Scumbags shouldn't have their crimes hidden.

it is not hidden

• Advertisement

it is not hidden

You're trying to get it removed from here ie hide it!

Yeah right...what did u type into Google.."Greg Goughran wife beater."...that's what some knob like Haze would do....:P

simply Greg Gaughran, try it, the 4th link was the first article in the times. I had never heard of it before.

Loosely Kennedy was living with a traveller....fact....:)
    Courtenay dyes his hair...fact...

And if you want old news....
    https://www.businesspost.ie/news/dj-colm-hayess-company-faces-tax-case-391152

Loosely Kennedy was living with a traveller....fact....:)
    Courtenay dyes his hair...fact...

And if you want old news....
    https://www.businesspost.ie/news/dj-colm-hayess-company-faces-tax-case-391152

Living with a traveller or putting dye in your hair is not a crime..punching and kicking your wife black and blue is...I would never listen to that wife beating coward...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Let's get this into perspective: GG committed a crime almost 20 years ago, he got a suspended sentence - the judge said that due to his position in the public eye and the fact that he lost his job was punishment enough.

I'm not defending what he did but isn't it time he was allowed get on with his life?

For those that choose not to listen to him, that's your prerogative but can you honestly say that you're the same person you were 20 years ago?

Live and let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Let's get this into perspective: GG committed a crime almost 20 years ago, he got a suspended sentence - the judge said that due to his position in the public eye and the fact that he lost his job was punishment enough.

I'm not defending what he did but isn't it time he was allowed get on with his life?

For those that choose not to listen to him, that's your prerogative but can you honestly say that you're the same person you were 20 years ago?

Live and let live.
    Am I the same stressed out 18 year old in sixth year I was seven years ago? Constantly getting depressed and anxious and being rude to my teacher because she wasn't particularly nice to me?

I guess not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭RINO87

Live and let live.

Live and let live? In the case of a guy beating the **** out of his wife, in front of their kids then no, absolutely not.

I had never heard about this until now. Had mostly switched off nova, but hearing about this means i'll certainly never tune in again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

RINO87 wrote: »
    Live and let live? In the case of a guy beating the **** out of his wife, in front of their kids then no, absolutely not.

I had never heard about this until now. Had mostly switched off nova, but hearing about this means i'll certainly never tune in again.

I actually wholeheartedly agree here. I didn't know he had done this, and if I had I would never have listened in.

What a totally abhorrent and dispicable thing to do, to anyone, and to go back for seconds and thirds in this case, that was no accident.

I've come across something like this in my past and the carnage and pain it leaves behind is not easily brushed under the carpet as some posters suggest, even after 20 years.

anyway this is off topic so I'm just going to bow out.

Strange or sad this sudden influx of newbies to this thread....

Troll off....this bandwagon is long gone.......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭RINO87

Strange or sad this sudden influx of newbies to this thread....

Troll off....this bandwagon is long gone.......:rolleyes:

I've been posting here for a long time.... Not very often, but a long time. Reflects the decline in the amount of time I've listened to Nova, which from now on will be nil.

• Advertisement

Poor Liam Quigley having to be paired up with LK this morning

Poor Liam Quigley having to be paired up with LK this morning

So they sent that gobshlte off to Japan then....for what..?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

So they sent that gobshlte off to Japan then....for what..?:rolleyes:

One can only hope it was a one way ticket .....

One can only hope it was a one way ticket .....

Those poor people......losing the rugby now him.....I'll say a prayer for them...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

Im fecking delighted for them. I have boycotted them since March since they shot themselves in the foot and axed Irelands Biggest Jukebox. They wouldnt know good music if it bit them on the arse, John Clarke was the last best DJ and now the station has gone to ****e, good riddance.

Isnt he just on earlier on Sunday mornings now. Have to say I do miss his show at 10.00, he got me through many a long run while marathon training.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

Isnt he just on earlier on Sunday mornings now. Have to say I do miss his show at 10.00, he got me through many a long run while marathon training.

Earlier timeslot and no longer doing the Jukebox as far as I know, just the same generic show with the same generic songs as most of the other shows on the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Nice to hear Kieran McGuinness filling in for Liam this morning. Guys got a lovely style of presenting, good voice, very factual on the music he likes, and has proper funny humour. For once!

AlgerShane wrote: »
    Nice to hear Kieran McGuinness filling in for Liam this morning. Guys got a lovely style of presenting, good voice, very factual on the music he likes, and has proper funny humour. For once!

He Tweeted about it earlier.

And Peter is in for Liam tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AlgerShane

Looks like the incredible and underrated Gavin Glass is returning next Sunday from 6 p.m. - Kieran confirmed it this evening so he's back to 8-11 p.m. - pity as I felt the earlier slot really suited him. Oh well.

Advertisement