Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Well the non party spinner in the spin room thinks nothing has changed, MLM still has the wind behind her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Still indicative of the IRA/SF mentality though - if you are involved in criminality, that isnt IRA criminality, then its OK to murder you. This is MaryLou's crowd we are talking about here.

I think we can all get behind that. If a few thousand drug dealers were shot in the head that would fix the problem forever .

• Registered Users Posts: 67,285 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

RTE pundit giving the win and momentum to MaryLou.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

RTE The Spin Room just called it for Mary Lou as the winner again :cool:

How the hell does that work? She was so weak on detail and she was tripped up at least twice, yet she won!

I might be a voter for all you know. Certainly registers with me. No way would I vote for terrorists looking for a new gig now business in their first career has dried up.

You have to be 18 to vote and you need a psychiatrists permission to vote after being sectioned .

That's you excluded on two counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

And Mary Lou falls with furlong to go !

LOL.

Keen at the start ,continually jumped to the left , lost place at halfway under pressure 3 out , weakened final furlong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

All that RTE bias ehh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I think the strategy of allowing MLM to participate went exactly as MM and LV hoped it would. She was playing well out of her league. She can talk the talk (Trump/Farage style) but she can't walk the walk. Her populist, soundbite approach was exposed as shallow and one dimensional.
    Excruciating to watch her squirm on the SCC and Paul Flynn questions, she didn't do herself any favours on climate change either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭RoryMac

MM was shocking tonight imo, no plan of action for any of the main issues and struggled to explain why he propped up FG when he apparently disagreed with their policies so strongly. Especially as he said governments & the EU frontline was changing all over Europe despite Brexit but yet he kept propping up FG.

Leo was the more comfortable throughout but FG have had 9 years and should've done more to turn around the main issues of housing and healthcare.

Mary-Lou as expected very strong at pointing out the failings of FG & FF but I don't have any confidence in their plans for solving the issues and how they'll pay for them.

Was undecided before the debate and still am but I've ruled out any vote for FF as I don't feel they've learnt from the problems they caused 10 years ago and seem more interested in propping up big business than trying to help ordinary working people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

https://youtu.be/OJATctEBGAI

Wake up UCD students

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,915 ✭✭✭✭charlie14

I did.

I can see how the usual suspects here are zeroing in once again on the 'RA stuff. But that is not registering with voters.
    I think otherwise it was a draw with MM maybe getting an edge. Too late though imo.

Thought Martin edged it over Varadkar

Said earlier that Mary Lou had nothing to gain by taking part, and that is how it panned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Jizique

I think that one is backfiring on Leo already. They let him walk away and are bailing out a largely unreformed organisation. Twitter not liking it.

It’s just like MM walked away 9 years ago and after the bail out and the cleanup, he is coming back for a second go at destroying the economy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

Opinions are like assholes, that "neutral" on rte is mistaken.

Expect ff and fg to be like a dog with a bone over this for the next few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,270 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

How the hell does that work? She was so weak on detail and she was tripped up at least twice, yet she won!

RTÉ are in the governments pocket according to the SF party faithful here.

Go figure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

smurgen wrote: »
    There's no Garda investigation into the FAI or JD and no governance reforms of the organisation have been put in place. I think he shouldn't have mentioned it.

Yes there is

• Registered Users Posts: 32,277 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think we can all get behind that. If a few thousand drug dealers were shot in the head that would fix the problem forever .
    What do we want?
    IRA controlled drug dealers!
    When do we want em?
    Now!

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Well the non party spinner in the spin room thinks nothing has changed, MLM still has the wind behind her.

The first analysis said Miriam nailed Mary Lou to the wall twice.....criminal court and Quinn. Another on panel said she doesn't want her three kids paying for SF uncosted policies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

They called it for Enda Kenny too

I think Leo and Martin not replying on the Paul Quinn stuff was an admission that they are a beaten docket on this stuff.

It's pointless, nobody wins, least of all the exploited victim and their family, and everybody feels a bit dirty after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

The UCD students thought Mary Lou was the best, RTE thought she was the best too....

I don't get it, am I missing something,
    Why was she the winner?

• Advertisement

The first analysis said Miriam nailed Mary Lou to the wall twice.....criminal court and Quinn. Another on panel said she doesn't want her three kids paying for SF uncosted policies.

They were party faithful, the woman on her own in red was a neutral, political scientist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

RTE pundit giving the win and momentum to MaryLou.

She didn't say MLM won the debate (that would be insane)
    She said it woiuld change nothing and momentum was still with SF

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

boardise wrote: »
    LOL.

Keen at the start ,continually jumped to the left , lost place at halfway under pressure 3 out , weakened final furlong.

They might try putting on a hood or a tongue strap next time out!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

https://youtu.be/OJATctEBGAI

Wake up UCD students
    jesus

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    She didn't say MLM won the debate (that would be insane)
    She said it woiuld change nothing and momentum was still with SF

She did say 'the debate was Mary Lou's'.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

The UCD students thought Mary Lou was the best, RTE thought she was the best too....

I don't get it, am I missing something,
    Why was she the winner?

UCD student said Mary Lou was best.....but gave no explanation why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭easypazz

They were party faithful, the woman on her own in red was a neutral, political scientist.

How neutral was she, the 2 mary lou clangers are potential momentum changers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,650 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think Leo and Martin not replying on the Paul Quinn stuff was an admission that they are a beaten docket on this stuff.

It's pointless, nobody wins, least of all the exploited victim and their family, and everybody feels a bit dirty after it.

ah come on why would they answer a question like that ? It was a Sinn Fein specific question juts like Leo varadkar and Michael Martin were asked specific questions about FF and FG Members who'd messed up. Was Mary Lou a "beaten docket" on that stuff then because she didn't reply ?

They might try putting on a hood or a tongue strap next time out!

Did you have your hand in your trousers thinking about Mary Lou when you wrote that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

jos28 wrote: »
    I think the strategy of allowing MLM to participate went exactly as MM and LV hoped it would. She was playing well out of her league. She can talk the talk (Trump/Farage style) but she can't walk the walk. Her populist, soundbite approach was exposed as shallow and one dimensional.
    Excruciating to watch her squirm on the SCC and Paul Flynn questions, she didn't do herself any favours on climate change either.

Did nobody else note that she is promising a pension for everyone at 65 and this will be possible because she is going to increase the birthrate?

Advertisement