Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Election TV debates

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

What is the link between miriam and one of the parties?

Her brother is FF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭daithi7

daithi7 wrote: »
    I hope the electorate can see through SF's masquerade......

Lies, unattainable promises, laws of unintended consequences e.g. carbon tax level and non refitting of cold homes, raising income taxes & so lose IDA e executives & companies & jobs and losing the ability to recruit back doctors ,teachers and nurses.

SF would leave the country in a complete crisis.... YIKES!!!!

With ever decreasing circles of contraction, squeezing the life from the Celtic Phoenix!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,805 ✭✭✭take everything

Mary Regan.
    Beautiful woman

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

On certain topics all three got their tuppence worth in. By and large I would say the voting intentions of the electorate will not be swayed much by tonights debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Her brother is running for ff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

smurgen wrote: »
    Nothing about suggested improvements on any key areas such as affordablility from FG.nothing about insurance or judicial reform.nothing on crime.not much to be optimistic about from their side.

Keep going!

Your beloved SF made a mess of it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Her brother Jim O'Callaghan is a Fianna Fáil TD and up for reelection in South Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Love the SF victim mentality.

Cry they're not allowed on.

Cry when they are.

Cry moan whinge.

You're on about them non stop for one.can you blame people for feeling targeted? Every post mentions SF.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭C__MC

Is there an exit poll Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Her brother is a Fianna Fáil TD and front bench spokesperson on Justice. Jim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i really think Mary Lou would have been better off outside the tent tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,402 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

KimWexler wrote: »
    Nobody mentioned it.

I'm sure Mary Lou said it needs to be looked at....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,758 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

C__MC wrote: »

You’d assume so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I'd call that a draw. With if anyone MM edging it.

Nobody shone, and all performed to type.

'You are gonna mansplain corporation tax to me' was the comment of the night, because that was what he did essentially. :)
    He hee,Oh Francie. To paraphrase Will Ferrel after the disastrous dinner scene in anchorman "well I Thought that couldn't really have gone any better ".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Strange how Mary Lou didnt seem to know what had been said about Paul Quinn yet was happy to make the u turn from yesterday's position that nothing bad had in fact been said. All over the shop there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 KimWexler

So maybe they don't think it needs overhauling. Not sure what your point is.

Astrofool put it better than I ever could. Too many in bed with each other unwilling to turn off the electric blanket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

daithi7 wrote: »
    I hope the electorate can see through SF's masquerade......

Lies, unattainable promises, laws of unintended consequences e.g. carbon tax level and non refitting of cold homes, raising income taxes & so lose IDA e executives & companies & jobs and losing the ability to recruit back doctors ,teachers and nurses.

SF would leave the country in a complete crisis.... YIKES!!!!

They would not be in govt alone this has to be remembered.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,949 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

C__MC wrote: »

I would imagine RTE and Irish Times will run one, but they aren't as dramatic as the one in Britain as they only capture first preference votes, so don't expect a gasp of finality.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,502 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Brother is an FF TD. Jim O'Callaghan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

boardise wrote: »
    Something to do with the level of political intelligence of the Irish electorate ?

Yes, this is the problem. There is a 30% or so who dont seem to be able to put the performance of the serious parties in perspective, and so gravitate to the likes os SF and independents. In the end, those voting for them most, get the consequnces: a poor health service, housing issues, excessive unemployment benefits and pensions that further skews.
    Vote for one of the proper parties. Let them form a majority government. Improvement to the country will follow. But as you say, with the level of intelligence of the Irish electorate, I would be pessimistic for that outcome this time at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

Only caught towards the end but from the little I saw Mary Lou was fairly catastrophic. Was she any better early doors?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Spleerbun wrote: »
    Only caught towards the end but from the little I saw Mary Lou was fairly catastrophic. Was she any better early doors?

She was entertaining throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Going back to the John Delaney call from LV. Does he realise his government bailed out the FAI by 20 million. He met the man endless times and socialized with him when the dogs on the street knew the corruption.he seems to have a bizarre detachment from disasters under his tenure.complete cognitive dissonance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭irishgeo

the bits people will remember the start and the end both of which are mary lou failing to answer the question on the SCC and the paul quinn question.

Strange how Mary Lou didnt seem to know what had been said about Paul Quinn yet was happy to make the u turn from yesterday's position that nothing bad had in fact been said. All over the shop there.
    That's what happens when you're caught by the bollix and haven't done yiour homework.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

she was better early on yes. kinda fell apart thereafter. should have been much better prepped for the paul quinn thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Lackey

I had an argument with my 71 year old mother about that. .

You argued with your 71 one year old mother? nice lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Going back to the John Delaney call from LV. Does he realise his government bailed out the FAI by 20 million. He met the man endless times and socialized with him when the dogs on the street knew the corruption.he seems to have a bizarre detachment from disasters under his tenure.complete cognitive dissonance.

The government is dissolved at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Well there was a question about the Special Criminal Court so............

• Advertisement

Yep, another drop the ball by Leo as a minister of sports at one time.
    ther dogs in the streets knew Delaney was up to no good.

Advertisement