Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2020 Babies club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Yeah, I’ve had it twice as well and only thing was a bit of a sore arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

Hi all

I hope ye are all well! Just checking in to say hi and a quick update! Been hit with a rotten double ear and throat infection, been off work for nearly three weeks with it! It’s totally wiped and drained me! I did get flu vaccine last October so doctors surprised I got hit so badly!

I hope everyone else is feeling ok! Just wondering does anyone have advice for a post nasal drip? Every night I’m coughing and kept awake it’s definitely hindering my recovery! Doctors and my consultant said there really isn’t anything you can take when pregnant! Lucky me eh?!

Baby is perfectly fine which is such a relief but hard to be sick when it’s such a busy time of year!!

How is everyone else holding up? Good I hope

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭buttercup20

I suffer from post nasal drip constantly. What I was recommended was neilmed sinus rinse. It's basically salt and boiled water in a bottle, it will reduce/get rid of the drip. I am currently pregnant too and was recommended this by a consultant.

QUOTE=Pocos;112000779]Hi all

I hope ye are all well! Just checking in to say hi and a quick update! Been hit with a rotten double ear and throat infection, been off work for nearly three weeks with it! It’s totally wiped and drained me! I did get flu vaccine last October so doctors surprised I got hit so badly!

I hope everyone else is feeling ok! Just wondering does anyone have advice for a post nasal drip? Every night I’m coughing and kept awake it’s definitely hindering my recovery! Doctors and my consultant said there really isn’t anything you can take when pregnant! Lucky me eh?!

Baby is perfectly fine which is such a relief but hard to be sick when it’s such a busy time of year!!

How is everyone else holding up? Good I hope[/QUOTE]

Hi buttercup20

Yes I’ve been using that and it gives relief but I don’t feel like it’s curing it! Like the paracetamol and all the stuff I was giving I felt was more in relation to the symptoms rather than curing the cold! But I’ll keep using it and hopefully over time I will get rid of it! It’s just a pain!

Thanks for replying to my message :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Loll09

Hello everyone,

Hope your all feeling well. I was just wondering if anyone has experience with pregnancy and uterus tilted back? This is my second pregnancy and was told i have it this time round. Just wondering if there are any risks i should be aware of? Also i find this pregnancy im not able to eat as much, feel full very quickly, is this linked to the condition?

Thanks so much xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ah the wonderful world of a retroverted uterus! I have the same - but it has never caused me any difficulty except that it makes the baby more difficult to see in the initial scan so sometimes, you might have more scans if they cannot see baby properly. It corrects itself as the pregnancy continues and the uterus grows out of the pelvic cavity. It might settle back into the same retroverted place after birth.

Only thing I've ever noticed with it is that I have more of a tendency to have back pain when pregnant - never have a bad back any other time! Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Loll09

CheerLouth wrote: »
    Ah the wonderful world of a retroverted uterus! I have the same - but it has never caused me any difficulty except that it makes the baby more difficult to see in the initial scan so sometimes, you might have more scans if they cannot see baby properly. It corrects itself as the pregnancy continues and the uterus grows out of the pelvic cavity. It might settle back into the same retroverted place after birth.

Only thing I've ever noticed with it is that I have more of a tendency to have back pain when pregnant - never have a bad back any other time! Good luck! :)

CheerLouth, thank you so much for your reply :)

Hi all

Just wondering how everyone is getting on? Nearly in third trimester!! Exciting stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 28 aloevera33

Pocos wrote: »
    Hi all

Just wondering how everyone is getting on? Nearly in third trimester!! Exciting stuff

Hi all. I have been following this thread since I found out I was pregnant but was very nervous. Delighted to be entering 3rd trimester. So far so good thankfully. No major symptoms to report. A few minor issues such as nosebleeds, very cracked nipples, tiredness, some discomfort when walking. But all good :) Think its time to get prepared and go shopping for new arrival. Hope everyone else is doing good.

I thought the nosebleeds were just me :) They're not major or anything, just out of the blue and over as soon as they start.

I'm feeling tired very easily these days, though I'm still swimming 5 or 6 days a week. I might have to reduce that soon as it gets harder and harder to get a full nights sleep.

Anyone here have experience of moving house in late pregnancy?

• Advertisement

I'm permanently exhausted :( This is my third pregnancy though so it's to be expected. I've 8 weeks left at work and I'm honestly questioning if I can make it the 8 weeks :( My iron levels have been utter crap this time around tho so it hasn't helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Dahdum

Hi all, has anyone had their 28 week appointment yet? We're going public and wondering whether you get a scan or just a check up?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I'm permanently exhausted :( This is my third pregnancy though so it's to be expected. I've 8 weeks left at work and I'm honestly questioning if I can make it the 8 weeks :( My iron levels have been utter crap this time around tho so it hasn't helped.

I am the same. Totally exhausted. Not due until the end of April and had hoped to get to easter but just don’t know how I will. PGP is horrendous and two kids not sleeping at home doesn’t help. Pregnancy Number three is definitely very tough.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

It is girls, but be really selfish at the end.....make it clear those first few weeks after birth you will not be lifting a finger at home.It's the only way to give yourself the chance for a proper recovery.
    I also told OH I was staying in hospital for 2 nights because I would have someone cooking for me!!!I was in the Rotunda, and the food was really great (no exaggeration).Ended up staying three nights due to baba needing some antibiotics, and I was well ready to go home then but I was not rushing out 24 hours after giving birth, myself.Third baby made me really realise that I needed to shift more of the burden on to my OH which is good really.

shesty wrote: »
    It is girls, but be really selfish at the end.....make it clear those first few weeks after birth you will not be lifting a finger at home.It's the only way to give yourself the chance for a proper recovery.
    I also told OH I was staying in hospital for 2 nights because I would have someone cooking for me!!!I was in the Rotunda, and the food was really great (no exaggeration).Ended up staying three nights due to baba needing some antibiotics, and I was well ready to go home then but I was not rushing out 24 hours after giving birth, myself.Third baby made me really realise that I needed to shift more of the burden on to my OH which is good really.

Both previous pregnancies I have stayed the 3 nights and I will probably do the same this time. Food each time was lovely and lovely to have it handed to me.

I'm with the MLU in Drogheda & I've already started the foundations of trying to get two nights out of them. I stayed only one on Baby No. 2 and although it was lovely to be home in my own bed, it was straight back to "mammy, mammy, mammy" and all of the normal stuff plus trying to recover. My inlaws came in about an hour after we got home and I ended up making THEM tea :( Not happening this time!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

Dahdum wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone had their 28 week appointment yet? We're going public and wondering whether you get a scan or just a check up?
    Thanks in advance.

I'm in UHW and the only scans are at 12 and 20 weeks. Any other scans are performed only if there is a possible complication like GD, placenta previa etc. I know the process is different in all hospitals so maybe give them a call and check

27 weeks here and still in the golden 2nd trimester phase where I have enough energy and the hormones arent all over the place like they were in the first stage.

Bit of breathlessness at times which I experienced on my 1st pregnancy. I'm a shortie at just under 5ft 2 so there isnt much room in there!

Restless legs in the evening time and woke up to a lovely cramp in my calf last night so I'm sure I can look forward to a few more of those.

Subscribed to the Gentlebirth app for the last trimester and hoping to do the hypnosis and mindfulness tracks most days.

Signed up for a VBAC antenatal class in February so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone is doing well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭CPTM

Does anyone know how to ensure there is an epidural available during labour if required. I guess it's something to do beforehand. We're public if that makes a difference.

If you have a birth plan, write it on that perhaps. A friend of mine wrote "EPIDURAL" in giant capital letters across the top of her notes so that they were aware of her wishes.

You'd still have to wait for the anesthetist to be available though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭CPTM

So it's not anything people are "booking" beforehand? I just don't want to get to the day itself and someone tell me "oh did you sign up to XYZ?" !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

CPTM wrote: »
    So it's not anything people are "booking" beforehand? I just don't want to get to the day itself and someone tell me "oh did you sign up to XYZ?" !

I didn’t want to get on my last baby. It wasn’t part of my birth plan but I had back labour and needed it during the labour. I just asked and they sorted it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

CPTM wrote: »
    Does anyone know how to ensure there is an epidural available during labour if required. I guess it's something to do beforehand. We're public if that makes a difference.

You can't unfortunately.I can't 100% remember the policy, but you can ask for it any time, but they will only give it to you once you are not too far dilated.I think in the Rotunda you wouldn't get it once you were over 5cm, but don't quote me on that, I am not sure.Also you then have to wait for the anaesthetist to make their way to.you room and do it.It works out fine for most people to get it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Sprites wrote: »

Signed up for a VBAC antenatal class in February so looking forward to that.

Sprites, I've signed up for a VBAC class too, next month in Holles Street. Can I ask are you doing it through the hospital or privately?

I've been doing a bit of research this week on all stuff VBAC and I've read that the hospital courses can be more related to policies and procedures surrounding VBAC as opposed to how to increase your chances of having a VBAC.

I'm thinking I may do a private one if the hospital course doesn't fully satisfy me. I had an emergency section on no.1 due to failure to progress so I'm eager to know stats etc. on successful VBAC's related to my own circumstances.

RMC10 wrote: »
    Sprites, I've signed up for a VBAC class too, next month in Holles Street. Can I ask are you doing it through the hospital or privately?

I've been doing a bit of research this week on all stuff VBAC and I've read that the hospital courses can be more related to policies and procedures surrounding VBAC as opposed to how to increase your chances of having a VBAC.

I'm thinking I may do a private one if the hospital course doesn't fully satisfy me. I had an emergency section on no.1 due to failure to progress so I'm eager to know stats etc. on successful VBAC's related to my own circumstances.

This is a private one, I'm with University Hospital Waterford and I dont think they offer a VBAC class.

It's a half day group class from 10 to 2.30 and priced at €110 to give you an idea of possible cost.

Like you I really want to inform myself as to what I can do to increase my chances of a successful VBAC. I had a c section on my first due to baby being breech.

Great that the hospital you are in are offering a class too, hopefully that will cover what you are looking for and you won't have to look elsewhere.

Sorry if it is clear what’s a VBAC class? Never heard of it!

How’s everyone? Week 29 here and I’m actually better than I have been this pregnancy! I do remember on last pregnancy at about week 30 it all starts to get more uncomfortable and tiring!

I also feel HUGE! I know on second you are bigger but I just feel so much bigger than last time!

Also got diagnosed with gestational diabetes this week! Not a surprise as I had it on last baby too! But you know you’d still be hopeful! Anyone else here have it? I could control it with diet last time around so hoping this time will be the same

Also noticed online last night next have loads of maternity clothes and their delivery is quite quick! Also got a pair of PJs from mamalicious the other week pricey but by god they are so comfortable! Loving them at the moment

Pocos wrote: »
    Sorry if it is clear what’s a VBAC class? Never heard of it

It's a class for those who would like a vaginal delivery after a previous c section. No need to apologise, I wouldn't know what it is either if I didnt have a prior section!

Sprites wrote: »
    It's a class for those who would like a vaginal delivery after a previous c section. No need to apologise, I wouldn't know what it is either if I didnt have a prior section!

Thanks Sprites :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭larrymickdick

Well my little fella has been kicking away - but this week his kicks seems a bit more energetic - gave me a fright yesterday. 30 weeks on Thursday - anyone else getting knocked out? It's getting like Alien over here

• Advertisement

Well my little fella has been kicking away - but this week his kicks seems a bit more energetic - gave me a fright yesterday. 30 weeks on Thursday - anyone else getting knocked out? It's getting like Alien over here

27 weeks here and lots more kicks the last couple of days. My placenta is at the front so I haven’t been feeling too much up to now.

Advertisement