Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

April 2020 Babies club

Options

Comments

I'm so sorry for your loss, Plasticheart. Look after yourself and each other, and be gentle with yourself. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Odette22Odile

I’m so sorry to hear that, Plasticheart. Thinking of you and your husband at this heartbreaking time xx

• Registered Users Posts: 22 pearlll

So sorry, you were in my thoughts all day, so difficult xx mind yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

So sorry I was thinking of you all day
    Mind yourself and each other

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Pocos

So sorry to hear this plastic heart! Mind yourself! Was thinking of you all day and wishing it had been a better result!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭tea_and_cake

So very sorry to hear that plastic heart. My thoughts are with you x

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Nottellingyet

Hi all, been following this thread for around 4 weeks now. Am 10+3 on my second pregnancy. I have a little boy who will be 3 in a months time. I've a rough due date of 17th April.

Struggling with nausea and fatigue daily which is the complete opposite to my first pregnancy where I had no symptoms.

Just hoping to get a date for my booking in appointment, no communication from the hospital as yet. Starting to wish I'd booked a private scan but at this stage I may wait.

Hope everyone is feeling well.

Hi all, been following this thread for around 4 weeks now. Am 10+3 on my second pregnancy. I have a little boy who will be 3 in a months time. I've a rough due date of 17th April.

Struggling with nausea and fatigue daily which is the complete opposite to my first pregnancy where I had no symptoms.

Just hoping to get a date for my booking in appointment, no communication from the hospital as yet. Starting to wish I'd booked a private scan but at this stage I may wait.

Hope everyone is feeling well.

That's great welcome and congrats!! I am 10 3 like you, due on 17th.
    How is everyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭CPTM

We're doing ok I think. My wife is at 12 weeks and 3 days. The bump is starting to become very noticeable now. The big 12 week scan is on Thursday morning so we're nervously awaiting that! The morning sickness took a dramatic spike this week as the sense of smell went through the roof. I opened a tin of sardines and immediately regretted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I’m also due April 17th. Have my scan next week, just can’t wait to see that (hopefully) everything is ok. Second baby and I already feel like I’ve a sizable bump. I had a girl first time and no real symptoms at the start except for not being able to tolerate certain smells. This time round I can tolerate those but I’ve had nausea most days.

• Advertisement

mariebeth wrote: »
    I’m also due April 17th. Have my scan next week, just can’t wait to see that (hopefully) everything is ok. Second baby and I already feel like I’ve a sizable bump. I had a girl first time and no real symptoms at the start except for not being able to tolerate certain smells. This time round I can tolerate those but I’ve had nausea most days.

I'm second time around and 12 weeks a feel huge. Think I'll be in maternity jeans in a week or so. I'm definitely suffering worse this pregnancy. Worse nausea, exhustion, bad sleep, nightmares and migraines (moany too :rolleyes:) . Thankfully meds help with the nausea but not the rest. I'm hoping for a good second trimester :) I've my scan Tuesday, and just want to know all is OK! Apprehensive now.

Hopefully it will be good news for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 MrsB2be

Hi Ladies, I'm 9+3 and due date is April 26th. We already have a girl (8) and a boy (4). Finding it very hard to hide it from them but trying to wait as long as possible to tell them! Came home from holidays last week and had an early scan (just for reassurance) and there was a good strong heartbeat :) 12 week appt is Oct 16th. Hope everyone is doing well/feeling ok. Apart from the constant nausea and the fact I keep falling asleep at my desk I'm fine!:D

Just got notified of my booking in appointment in 2 weeks, think I can just about manage to wait that long. Kind of regret not having an early scan but reassured by my relentless nausea and fatigue that theres certainly something going on there!

We had the 12 week scan today and thankfully all was ok. The baby was bouncing all over the place which was crazy to see. Hard to believe they can be so active without any feelings or sensations for the mum. We've begun to tell more people than just our closest friends and family. Everyone who are already parents have been very supportive which is really nice because we're quite nervous about it all! Typical New parents I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

MrsB2be wrote: »
    Hi Ladies, I'm 9+3 and due date is April 26th. We already have a girl (8) and a boy (4). Finding it very hard to hide it from them but trying to wait as long as possible to tell them! Came home from holidays last week and had an early scan (just for reassurance) and there was a good strong heartbeat :) 12 week appt is Oct 16th. Hope everyone is doing well/feeling ok. Apart from the constant nausea and the fact I keep falling asleep at my desk I'm fine!:D

oh constant nausea, acid reflux and feeling like a zombie has been me the past 2 weeks.
    I fell asleep at 9pm on Sunday and slept the whole way through til my alarm at 5.30am. Thats unheard of for me :D

Hi all,

12 week scan was yesterday and thankfully everything was ok! So lovely to see the LO on the screen heart beating and no issues! GYN was happy with all, I’ve also gone back to original date so due April 3rd! So I’m 13 weeks today!

GYN Changed medication as still was vomiting and was very bad early this week. Hopefully with the weeks passing it should settle soon!

Best of luck to everyone else waiting on their scans

I'm second time around and 12 weeks a feel huge. Think I'll be in maternity jeans in a week or so. I'm definitely suffering worse this pregnancy. Worse nausea, exhustion, bad sleep, nightmares and migraines (moany too :rolleyes:) . Thankfully meds help with the nausea but not the rest. I'm hoping for a good second trimester :) I've my scan Tuesday, and just want to know all is OK! Apprehensive now.

Hopefully it will be good news for all of us.

Good luck with your scan on Tuesday. Can’t wait to be able to relax after this week! 🀞ðŸ»ðŸ€žðŸ»ðŸ€žðŸ»

mariebeth wrote: »
    Good luck with your scan on Tuesday. Can’t wait to be able to relax after this week! 🀞ðŸ»ðŸ€žðŸ»ðŸ€žðŸ»

I know! I'm not feeling as sick as usual so worrying now :rolleyes: hopefully it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭RMC10

Hi all,

I'm going to join if that's ok, been following for a while. Had my booking appointment this week followed by a private scan. Due date looking like 6 April.
    I have a 2 year old girl. I had an emergency section on her so really hoping for a vbac this time! So happy to be on over the first trimester. We started telling family and friends this week which was nice.
    Hope everyone is well and looking forward to getting to know you all!

Morning all, how is everyone?

I'd my booking appointment and scan yesterday. All looking good :) such a relief. The nausea and exhaustion are slowly easing thankfully! It's definitely worse this time around.

• Advertisement

Morning all, how is everyone?

I'd my booking appointment and scan yesterday. All looking good :) such a relief. The nausea and exhaustion are slowly easing thankfully! It's definitely worse this time around.

Really glad to hear about your positive scan yesterday.

All is going well so far. Is anyone else suffering from a blocked nose or headache? Apparently it's quite common at this stage and is affecting Mrs CPTM this week.

We found the below link really helpful with a lot of good tips in it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=__exjqopG44&feature=youtu.be

CPTM wrote: »
    Really glad to hear about your positive scan yesterday.

All is going well so far. Is anyone else suffering from a blocked nose or headache? Apparently it's quite common at this stage and is affecting Mrs CPTM this week.

We found the below link really helpful with a lot of good tips in it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=__exjqopG44&feature=youtu.be

Constantly have a blocked nose, I was the same last time as well. There are good nose strips you can get in boots to help at night. They’re for snoring but they help to make you feel like you can breathe ok again.

Had my scan just this afternoon. All is good with our little bump. 12 weeks tomorrow and due date is staying at 17th April.

Hi all

Regarding blocked nose I don’t have cold but I do find my sinuses are driving me mad with awful headaches! Nasal rinses are safe to use in pregnancy and I get lots of relief from them!

I’m 14 weeks today and I had a tough week of vomiting and tiredness! Just getting fed up of feeling rubbish all the time! I know on my first the sickness ended at 16 weeks so fingers crossed!

Anyone else still feeling sick?

Got flu jab this week too so that’s another job done ✅

I hope everyone is feeling better than me!

You poor thing, Pocos. Those sinus headaches are awful, especially on top of sickness. Feel better soon. X

My sickness has all but disappeared over the last two weeks, though I'm still quite fatigued. I also had a bit of a revision of my due date to the last week in March after a scan this week, so I should probably post in the March thread - but maybe I'll be late!

We were at the baby fair in the RDS today. It was a bit of an information overload but well worth going along to if you've nothing else on. It's running tomorrow as well.

https://www.pregnancyandbabyfair.ie/

There's everything from prams to soothers to breast pumps to baby photographers to cars to toys and even creche reps.. the list goes on. Exhausted now ! It's running all day tomorrow too.

Had my 12 week scan, another appt in 3 weeks. All is looking good so far.
    Symptoms lately - I can't eat big meals, I get so full and uncomfortable
    I love salty food and tayto sandwiches are my new favourite thing
    Bowel movements have never been so regular
    Swallowing that huge prenatal tablet is my least favourite task of the day
    Still very thirsty, can't drink enough water
    Get tired so easily, even just meeting up with friends wipes me out, feel like I'm in bed half the time
    How is everyone??
    Also the staff in my hospital couldn't have been nicer which was a great experience. Literally every time I tell someone my news one of first questions is about going private. The shock then when I say I'm not!! Getting used to people's advice now tho.

Hi all,

Well the topic of going private or public is very personal so pearlll I wouldn’t listen to anyone else’s advice! You need to do what’s right for you!

I’m the same eating big amounts is very uncomfortable! Salty and carbs are my favourite foods!

I still can’t get over how tired I am! Like pearlll said chatting to friends or any activity wipes me out too! Work is a disaster I’m shattered after it in the evening! Spending half the day in bed at weekends and it’s a rotten existence!

It will be all over soon the tiredness I’m hoping! Fingers crossed

Had our booking in appointment yesterday, was lovely to have our first scan and get reassured that all is going as it should. We weren't given any pictures though which is disappointing, I think the doctor just forgot and I should have said something to remind him. Wait for bloods was around 2 hours also, so all in took around 5.5 hours from start to finish!! Don't remember it taking that long on our first. So not back to the hospital for another 8 weeks, with a GP visit to do in between. Praying for the energy levels to rise here, I'm worried I will be this exhausted now forever lol!!

Hope everybody is keeping well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Had our booking in appointment yesterday, was lovely to have our first scan and get reassured that all is going as it should. We weren't given any pictures though which is disappointing, I think the doctor just forgot and I should have said something to remind him. Wait for bloods was around 2 hours also, so all in took around 5.5 hours from start to finish!! Don't remember it taking that long on our first. So not back to the hospital for another 8 weeks, with a GP visit to do in between. Praying for the energy levels to rise here, I'm worried I will be this exhausted now forever lol!!

Hope everybody is keeping well.

Great to hear everything was ok. Just out of curiosity what hospital are you going with? 5.5 hours for first appointment seems like a long time!!!

• Advertisement

Blingy wrote: »
    Great to hear everything was ok. Just out of curiosity what hospital are you going with? 5.5 hours for first appointment seems like a long time!!!

University Hospital Waterford, we were in for 9am and it took until midday to get height, weight and blood pressure done, see a doctor, get a scan, see a doctor again and see a midwife. Then a 2.5 hour wait in phlebotomy for the routine blood tests. So there until 2.30pm. It was a long day!!

Advertisement