Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

en trying to resolve issue with them via emai, no answer to same,not looking good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

septicsac wrote: »
    en trying to resolve issue with them via emai, no answer to same,not looking good

Many posts have said facebook was the only place they could get in contact with GOMO reps and even then the reps would appear to be very limited on what issues they can resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Vodafone seems to be having a massive outage right now !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Ah gutted I missed this - Was about to switch over last Friday and something came up....

Any angle or way of somehow getting on the €9.99 a month offer now!? Will the offer be likely to be repeated would ye think?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭shmeee

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Ah gutted I missed this - Was about to switch over last Friday and something came up....

Any angle or way of somehow getting on the €9.99 a month offer now!? Will the offer be likely to be repeated would ye think?!

It's still very good value @ €12.99 per month. Just go for it.

Can't see it going back to €9.99.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

How you missed it is beyond me :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

kceire wrote: »
    How you missed it is beyond me :confused:

Procrastination and complacency are a lethal combination.

* Staying on 48 for now, couldn't stomach to pay €36 a year more than all of you smug backsterds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

OmegaGene wrote: »
    the company offers the same deal in france
    the only suckers are the ones that did not move over to gomo

I'd be more of a sucker to go anywhere near an eir company after the previous experiences I've had with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭Nollog

one hundred thousand people seem to disagree on the gomo idea but each to their own, i think all companies are sh!te when things go wrong and when things are grand it is fine and nobody says anything

They had to extend it twice, are you sure they got the 100,000 they said ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

/\/ollog wrote: »
    They had to extend it twice, are you sure they got the 100,000 they said ?
    Wouldn't 120,000 €9.99s be better than 100,000 of them? If you can hoover up an extra €2.4 Million a year, for extending the offer for a few days - wouldn't it be worth it!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

GoMo said today's offer will be available for a limited time and only customers who join on or before March 1 2020 will be guaranteed the offer.

March 2nd - €11.99 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

loyatemu wrote: »
    March 2nd - €11.99 a month.

€8.99 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

any proof or just speculation ?

Wooooosh!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭the.red.baron

one hundred thousand people seem to disagree on the gomo idea but each to their own, i think all companies are sh!te when things go wrong and when things are grand it is fine and nobody says anything

nope eir are the worst company in the land to deal with

they are not all the same

if they were why were comreg overrun with them

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

nope eir are the worst company in the land to deal with

they are not all the same

if they were why were comreg overrun with them

Value for money - Gomo Eir wins by a 100 miles

Service provision - Vodafone wins..but not by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭dvdman1

google comreg and vodafone and you will get results
    if you are not a fan of gomo there are other threads to follow lol

Vodafone Ireland Limited (“Vodafone”) has paid ComReg a penalty of €250,000 after an investigation found that the manner in which Vodafone had signed up
    Pay As You Go (“PAYG”) customers to its “Red Roaming” package was in breach of Regulation 14(4) of the Universal Service Regulations and ComReg Decision D13/122 on Contract Change Notifications.

Vodafone has accepted that it breached the relevant provisions and has paid the penalty in full.

Vodafone has confirmed that it has credited over €2,500,000 to those customers who did not benefit financially from being opted into Red Roaming when they roamed.

ComReg will continue to monitor compliance with consumer rights legislation and to investigate as appropriate consumer complaints whether arising in respect of Regulation 14(4) of the Universal Service Regulations, ComReg Decision D13/12 or otherwise.

All providers have broken the service provision at some point..the rest is all opinion

Folks, silly question perhaps, but I moved to GoMo, but now every time I restart the phone, i have to put in the feckin' SIM card pin. Is there a way around this? It's wrecking my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,777 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Folks, silly question perhaps, but I moved to GoMo, but now every time I restart the phone, i have to put in the feckin' SIM card pin. Is there a way around this? It's wrecking my head.

Turn it off in security settings

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭mobfromcork

In the security settings of most phones there's an option to turn on or off that function. You can also change the SIM card pin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 johnjohnjohn

all, just a bit of perspective on this. ordered the sim and was delivered 3 days later. scheduled my porting and number changed over no problem. popped the sim in and working straight away with no issues. happy customer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

I won't be using my GoMo sim for about 9-10 months but want to keep it active. PM me please if you're interested in using it while I'm away.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Really having issue with service and can’t get signal so quality of calls terrible
    Also Went up north over weekend and no internet at all . Letting my month run out if I can wait that long and going back to 48 .

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭suave.4u

went to Germany last week. Gomo worked superb. The internet roaming was also great. very pleased.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

suave.4u wrote: »
    went to Germany last week. Gomo worked superb. The internet roaming was also great. very pleased.

Have opposite thoughts.
    Mu other half is in Europe now and second after receiving welcoming text everything stopped working. No phone, no internet just emergency calls.
    One agent on gomo chat just ask to move card to different phone while other confirmed that they have issues with roaming in Europe right now.
    It will be resolved when it will be resolved been told.
    Strange that the same sim and settings worked in London just fine.
    Hitting wall on chat and on twitter right now.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭Qrt

My roaming worked fine in Germany but having issues in the UK now. Only seem to be able to get signal with EE, bespoke having essentially no EE service in the area, manual network selection just doesn’t connect 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Luke2513

Roaming in Helsinki at the moment working perfectly

It all depends on who they are partners with in each country.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I am having trouble registering the sim. It may be a faulty sim.

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    I am having trouble registering the sim. It may be a faulty sim.

There is an option to order a new sim when you log in to the GOMO site.
    It's under account details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

1 week with this crowd and apparently I have used up the fair usage allowance. I think that's 80gb.
    Of course I didn't but I'm now on a restricted speed which is painfully slow. Going through the customer service is equally painful.

Useless. I'll be porting back to three come Monday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement