Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

blade1 wrote: »
    Screenshot-20200118-124438.jpg

I don't see what that has to do with what I said? If anything it emphasizes my point?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I don't see what that has to do with what I said? If anything it emphasizes my point?

Yes I wasn't disagreeing with you...or even agreeing with you for that matter.
    Just posted it to add to all sides really.

blade1 wrote: »
    Yes I wasn't disagreeing with you...or even agreeing with you for that matter.
    Just posted it to add to all sides really.

Fair enough! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can’t get a signal at all now, might need to ditch this. I have turned on airplane mode and restarted.

Still no signal after 6 hours, time to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Qrt

Still no signal after 6 hours, time to leave.

What network were you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Qrt wrote: »
    What network were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

tuxy wrote: »
    Were you using data on your phone only or had to laptops or PCs connected?

Some days I'd use over 80GB on my PC but I have FTTH.

What is FTTH please and thanks ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

madmoe wrote: »

Fibre To The Home. So instead of the old copper phone line I now have a fibre optic line capable of 1000Mbps connected to my house.

Not to be confused with FTTC(Fibre To The Cabinet ) Which is fiblre only as far as the nearest cabinet and the house is still served by the slower copper line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭bromley52

madmoe wrote: »

Why not ask Google?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,807 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

tuxy wrote: »
    It all depends on who they are partners with in each country.

Is that still the case? I thought the EU roaming directives meant you could now roam on any network. That's certainly been my experience in recent years, that my phone would pick up whichever network is strongest in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

loyatemu wrote: »
    Is that still the case? I thought the EU roaming directives meant you could now roam on any network. That's certainly been my experience in recent years, that my phone would pick up whichever network is strongest in the area.

Might be the law but found there is generally only one network that it works on and thats the one it locks on to when you land - in fact I've seen other networks there but have a lock symbol on so cannot even try to connect to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭blindsider

Just ported the 7th SIM (extended family) to GoMo.

Number scheduled for 15,00 port from eir to GoMo - ported at 15,05. Smooth as you like :-)

Thanks GoMo!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 SaltyJohn

Got the SIM during the week. Had it set to switch in a few weeks, but I moved it to today this morning. Was a little concerned at setting the port time to less than an hour's time and doing it on a Sunday, but it all worked out perfectly. The number moved pretty much instantly. It probably helps that I had a meteor sim card, so the switch is probably easier on their side, but it all worked out perfectly. 4G working perfectly too (I saw someone complaining about this a few pages back - it's a problem I had up to now on eir, but wasn't motivated enough to try and sort out). Anyway everything is looking well so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

Hi Folks. Got thetwo sims up and got up and running on the kids iphones. Today however, when I ring phone A, phone b rings and then vica versa. We have changed nothing on the phones and both kids phone numbers are the same. Advice please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

Coolaboy wrote: »
    Hi Folks. Got thetwo sims up and got up and running on the kids iphones. Today however, when I ring phone A, phone b rings and then vica versa. We have changed nothing on the phones and both kids phone numbers are the same. Advice please.
    Switch the sim cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

MMXX wrote: »
    Switch the sim cards?

Made me giggle

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

What about when they call out? Are they displaying the correct numbers on the person's phone they are calling?

When phone A rings me, phone B name comes up. When Phone B rings me it shows up as a private number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

When phone A rings me, phone B name comes up. When Phone B rings me it shows up as a private number.
    Could you not try and switch the sim cards, and see what happens? I'm not trying to be smart or anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Switch the sim cards?

Swap the phones

The thing to check is whether the incoming and outgoing numbers match.

Prefix the dialled number with *31# to show caller ID from the SIM with the private number.

*31#087 1234 567

• Advertisement

That is fine too. It's as of a call divert is set up on them...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,807 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Vodafone tried to get me to switch back today, offering the X-Weekend deal for €10 (topup) a month, which is half the normal price.
    Turned it down, didn't see the point in switching again, I'm happy enough with GoMo so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Vodafone tried to get me to switch back today, offering the X-Weekend deal for €10 (topup) a month, which is half the normal price.
    Turned it down, didn't see the point in switching again, I'm happy enough with GoMo so far.

How long were they offering you that deal for? VF coverage is the best around here. But I'd put up with GoMo for a month or so if I thought VF would match them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭JTMan

So Vodafone only offering weekend calls and no for life offer. Right to stick with GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,334 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Then you should be using a wired BB connection. If you live somewhere that has no broadband then I'd sympathise, for everyone else using that sort of data on mobile is just killing the bandwith for everyone else. This is why 3 is sh!t for so many people, their cheap rates with a high cap has attracted all of the data hogs and the speeds for everyone have tanked.

Not an issue for GOMO, they have a shed load of capacity

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Vodafone x doesn’t match this deal

If you live in a large town of a city then no. But it's probably worth having a lower data cap in exchange for better coverage in rural areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

orm0nd wrote: »
    How long were they offering you that deal for? VF coverage is the best around here. But I'd put up with GoMo for a month or so if I thought VF would match them.

This please. How long did they offer you a deal for? Is it temporary or permanent?

And were you registered with them or how did they find out you moved to GoMo?

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

Has anyone used Gono abroad to roam, assume all worked the same as eir or other networks?

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Has anyone used Gono abroad to roam, assume all worked the same as eir or other networks?

Mixed reports on here, it depends on who they are partnered with in the country you are roaming in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It’s not just the data that’s different between the two.
    I live in a rural area and I have the same signal and similar data speeds as Vodafone

For me it was a different story. I was getting MUCH better than speeds than GoMo with Vodafone and the speed pickup was instant whereas GoMo took some time to "wake up" and get up to some speed.

I cancelled GoMo in the end because of that. Funny enough, the day I cancelled GoMo Vodafone started going slow. :eek:

I have to say, while I did not deal with them much, GoMo's customer service was very prompt and nice. No issues.

Competition is a beautiful thing! I wish GoMo success. I hope they push others into offering bigger data caps and lower prices.

Wait until 5G becomes mainstream and Virgin Media starts sweating when people start cancelling their home broadband connections.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement