Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,352 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Fireball81 wrote: »
    Has anyone used Gono abroad to roam, assume all worked the same as eir or other networks?

Only used in Spain so far and worked flawlessly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

fritzelly wrote: »
    Only used in Spain so far and worked flawlessly

Is there a maximum they're allowed charge for roaming data, because for outside the EEA they state they're going to charge €4.99 per megabyte?!

I remember something about a €50 cap on charges being introduced by networks years ago in response to bill shock, but I'm pretty sure it was voluntary. Incidentally watch out if you're traveling in or around Switzerland

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Simi wrote: »
    Is there a maximum they're allowed charge for roaming data, because for outside the EEA they state they're going to charge €4.99 per megabyte?!

I remember something about a €50 cap on charges being introduced by networks years ago in response to bill shock, but I'm pretty sure it was voluntary. Incidentally watch out if you're traveling in or around Switzerland

The spend limit is set to €30 so that is the max you would ever have to pay out of plan. You would just be cut off after that.

https://gomo.ie/faq-items/i-have-just-received-a-message-on-insufficient-credit-on-my-account/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭Simi

kazzer wrote: »
    The spend limit is set to €30 so that is the max you would ever have to pay out of plan. You would just be cut off after that.

https://gomo.ie/faq-items/i-have-just-received-a-message-on-insufficient-credit-on-my-account/

Thanks. That's actually a really sensible policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Coolaboy wrote: »
    When phone A rings me, phone B name comes up. When Phone B rings me it shows up as a private number.

This is a common problem when you receive two sim cards and put them in the wrong phones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fireball81

tuxy wrote: »
    Mixed reports on here, it depends on who they are partnered with in the country you are roaming in.

Ok thanks, must have missed that when I had a quick scroll before posting the question. Assumed they would have the same roaming partners as eir?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,851 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

CyberGhost wrote: »
    This please. How long did they offer you a deal for? Is it temporary or permanent?

And were you registered with them or how did they find out you moved to GoMo?

I didn't ask TBH as I'm not planning to switch. I was with them previously on the "data user" PAYG plan. I was talking to their support before Xmas about something else and mentioned I was planning to leave, and they offered me nothing.

X weekend is unlimited data at the weekends and 30GB during the week, which would be plenty for me, but it requires topup every 28 days, so would actually be slightly more expensive than Gomo.

Vodafone's data speeds are better but I'm only using the phone for Spotify, Twitter etc when on the move so it's not worth the hassle of switching again, Gomo is good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Much better reception and wifi speeds than with eir. Downside is their help/service is about as much use as Eirs. Had issue with sons account and I might as well as been talking to my dog, useless, no help what so ever, no replies to emails, false promises of addressing issue.Chat service a joke altogther, with constant ducking out of issues, unable to access bills etc. Not looking good so far, easy to sell at 9.99, but real test is when issues arise. Proper test of a company is how they address issues when things are not going as they should and so far they are on a par with eir, which is not a very high standard. Give it another month or so, but if things dod not improve its back to voafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Gooser14

septicsac wrote:
    Much better reception and wifi speeds than with eir. Downside is their help/service is about as much use as Eirs. Had issue with sons account and I might as well as been talking to my dog, useless, no help what so ever, no replies to emails, false promises of addressing issue.Chat service a joke altogther, with constant ducking out of issues, unable to access bills etc. Not looking good so far, easy to sell at 9.99, but real test is when issues arise. Proper test of a company is how they address issues when things are not going as they should and so far they are on a par with eir, which is not a very high standard. Give it another month or so, but if things dod not improve its back to voafone.

People have mentioned that their support via Facebook is better than other means. Might be worth trying that avenue.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ted1 wrote: »
    Not an issue for GOMO, they have a shed load of capacity

Not between New Ross and Waterford. Dropped about 10 times on that road on Friday. Didn't before when it was Eir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

whiterebel wrote: »
    Not between New Ross and Waterford. Dropped about 10 times on that road on Friday. Didn't before when it was Eir.

Got roaming on?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

whiterebel wrote: »

Capacity and signal are two different things.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

ted1 wrote: »
    Capacity and signal are two different things.

If they have too many users i.e. over capacity, the signal goes to the dogs. Look at 3 when they went cheap and cheerful and then allowed everyone else to piggyback their service. Chronic coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

loyatemu wrote: »
    I didn't ask TBH as I'm not planning to switch. I was with them previously on the "data user" PAYG plan. I was talking to their support before Xmas about something else and mentioned I was planning to leave, and they offered me nothing.

X weekend is unlimited data at the weekends and 30GB during the week, which would be plenty for me, but it requires topup every 28 days, so would actually be slightly more expensive than Gomo.

Vodafone's data speeds are better but I'm only using the phone for Spotify, Twitter etc when on the move so it's not worth the hassle of switching again, Gomo is good enough.

Thank you!

I called them today asking if they'd be willing to match GoMo's offer. But I don't think the customer service person understood me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Has anyone used a gomo sim in an eir locked handset? Vodafone won't unlock her Grandmothers phone and she hates it anyway so were thinking of grabbing an a20e or something and giving her that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Has anyone used a gomo sim in an eir locked handset? Vodafone won't unlock her Grandmothers phone and she hates it anyway so were thinking of grabbing an a20e or something and giving her that.

Yes gomo SIM will work in eir locked phones.

Depending on the phone it is possible to buy an unlock code on eBay for the Vodafone handset, price varies depending on the phone model, what phone is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Yes gomo SIM will work in eir locked phones.

Depending on the phone it is possible to buy an unlock code on eBay for the Vodafone handset, price varies depending on the phone model, what phone is it?

Its a P Smart 2019, as i say she hates it anyway but I was looking for unlock codes, they were all looking for €50 or so on eBay for Ie unlocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,762 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Has anyone used Gono abroad to roam, assume all worked the same as eir or other networks?

Worked fine for me in the UK this week. It seemed to be on EE for the most part, though I think it joined O2 UK at one stage.

Main issue was the predictably poor signal inside the new office I was in, but that's a feature of modern buildings everywhere unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Having major problems on two phones in Tenerife. Data initially not working at all, then started coming and going maybe 10 minutes later - though not simultaneously on both phones. Also losing signal completely sometimes. Roaming on Orange. Tried all other networks, generally wouldn't work at all.

Anybody else with similar experiences? So far GoMo can't fix it.

Having major problems on two phones in Tenerife. Data initially not working at all, then started coming and going maybe 10 minutes later - though not simultaneously on both phones. Also losing signal completely sometimes. Roaming on Orange. Tried all other networks, generally wouldn't work at all.

Anybody else with similar experiences? So far GoMo can't fix it.

Having the same problem, Yoigo go seems to be the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Hi anyone know if gomo has voicemail and is number 171?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

chris1970 wrote: »
    Cheers
    Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,775 ✭✭✭DopeTech

chris1970 wrote: »
    Cheers

Just curious, why would you post this instead of just dialing 171 to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone know off hand does GoMo still charge for 1850 & 1890 numbers ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Barr wrote: »
    Anyone know off hand does GoMo still charge for 1850 & 1890 numbers ?

https://gomo.ie/pricing/

Included in the package for all telecoms since December

fritzelly wrote: »
    Included in the package for all telecoms since December

89cffa783153fa3e995777356e01cda2.png

Just saying that gomo has the price listed as the national rate on their site.

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Just saying that gomo has the price listed as the national rate on their site.

Dont matter, they're included, impossible to go out of package wit them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement