Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

Is the tenner offer gone now ?
    Where have you been Roberto!? It ended this morning. It is €12.99 - still a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

MMXX wrote: »
    Where have you been Roberto!? It ended this morning. It is €12.99 - still a good deal!

balls ! Missed it then....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

How did you manage to miss this?

You did indeed, it is a bit disappointing - but it's still a very good deal in my opinion. It's still better than anything else on offer, and who knows - maybe one of the other providers will do the exact same thing soon, to try and pull customers back, I think it's quite possible...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

kippy wrote: »
    How did you manage to miss this?

haha wanted a new connection yesterday so missed it my few hours !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,271 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Fireball81 wrote: »
    How is the eir network going to cope with all these additional customers (assuming its not just eir customers moving) I wonder?

They’ve lots and lots of additional capacity. They are also updating their infrastructure. The only additional cost to them is the SIM

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

GoMo is being investigated by advertising authority
    The Eir-owned service, which launched in October, offered the first 100,000 customers a lifelong fixed rate of €9.99 a month for all calls, texts and data with its sim-only plans. The operator said earlier this month that it had reached the targeted milestone but decided to extend the offer by six days until Wednesday due to heavy demand.

However, while many consumers have welcomed the new market entrant, complaints have also been lodged with the ASAI over the offer. This is because GoMo’s terms and conditions make it clear that GoMo/Eir reserves the right to amend prices at any time.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/gomo-is-being-investigated-by-advertising-authority-1.4139879

• Registered Users Posts: 9,718 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Fireball81 wrote: »
    How is the eir network going to cope with all these additional customers (assuming its not just eir customers moving) I wonder?

It's coping just fine so far anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

OmegaGene wrote: »
    vodafone and three have been busy making complaints lol

It's a watchdog with no teeth as it's self regulatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

OmegaGene wrote: »
    vodafone and three have been busy making complaints lol

Probably, but I suspect they are clever enough to not cancel it and just try tempt people to move to other plans in the future. I presume when 5G is rolled out we will need to another plan to avail of it.

For now at least it's a bargain. Nothing like a bit of healthy competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Wombatman wrote: »

Suckered 100k into switching and jack the price up €49.99 a month lol! prob get away with it too, wouldn't surprise me in Ireland ffs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Suckered 100k into switching and jack the price up €49.99 a month lol! prob get away with it too, wouldn't surprise me in Ireland ffs.

Then all those people just move to another provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Then all those people just move to another provider.

Yup and Eir post massive profits for November/December 2019 - January 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Highly unlikely that would happen. €15 would be closer to the mark I would say but the likelihood of them doing that is very slim. As AlmightyCushion says if that was to happen we would all just move to another network. Nobody would be out of pocket.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yup and Eir post massive profits for November/December 2019 - January 2020

The amount of money spent creating and marketing this new company would not be worth it just to kill it after a few months. It makes absolutely no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Wombatman wrote: »

If it looks to good to be true etc............ Wasn't that the first definition that was queried - 'what does for life mean?'

Market churning exercise aimed at suckers if you ask me :)

But hey, you know what? Our Three internet service has improved, probably due to less congestion. Every cloud etc.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BarryD2 wrote: »
    If it looks to good to be true etc............ Wasn't that the first definition that was queried - 'what does for life mean?'

But hey, you know what? Our Three internet service has improved, probably due to less congestion. Every cloud etc.

Not a chance. I think your far reaching here.

BarryD2 wrote: »

We're not suckers, we pay €9.99 for 45000 minutes, 10000 texts, and 80GB of data, how much do you pay?

And life? Well, I can only speak for myself - but life... that means: until A. I die, B. Until GoMo as a company dies, or C. Until GoMo changes their terms and conditions.

A, B or C - at €9.99 a month, for any amount of months - 1 or 31, I can deal with any potential outcome.

Take. My. Money, GoMo - it's yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I moved my broadband connection to a 4g router with a GoMo SIM, for every month I'm with them it's a saving of €50 over what Virgin wanted to charge me for their most basic service. I know there's an 80Gb limit but that's fine for my use case.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

Just a quick query. I received my new SIM today and put it into my phone. Once I'd done this I started to receive texts. The SIM appears to still be active. Have contacted Gomo but just wanted to see if this happened with anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,258 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Just a quick query. I received my new SIM today and put it into my phone. Once I'd done this I started to receive texts. The SIM appears to still be active. Have contacted Gomo but just wanted to see if this happened with anyone else?

Not seeing what your issue is if you are receiving texts, means the sim is working :confused:

fritzelly wrote:
    Not seeing what your issue is if you are receiving texts, means the sim is working

They're not my texts. It's an accumulation of messages from the previous owner it would seem.

They're not my texts. It's an accumulation of messages from the previous owner it would seem.

If this is a new number then it was probably recycled and texts were waiting to be sent (tho they don't normally wait that long)

Spill the beans then!? Tell us the craic!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If you plan on porting your number over then it won't matter, just annoying. Phone number can often be recycled when dormant for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭psycho93

so you kept the "new" number that came with the sim and this had previously been assigned to another GoMo user!!!

happened me before with a US sim that I bought on Amazon for use in US for 7 days. got hundreds of texts over the 7 days as the number had been reused multiple times

fritzelly wrote:
    If this is a new number then it was probably recycled and texts were waiting to be sent (tho they don't normally wait that long)

It is a new number. And I knew they recycled them. Was just surprised to see them come through straight away. Kind of naively thought they'd have some sort of block. What if any of them are premium rate numbers. I don't want to incur costs for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The number on the sim card matches that in your GoMo account?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Ported 3 x Vodafone to GoMo with zero issues. I was paying EUR135/month and now EUR30 so saving whopping EUR1,200 a year!

My bet is that they will not allow these contracts on the new Eir 5G network so lifetime will mean for as long as you want to stay on 4G.

• Advertisement

It is a new number. And I knew they recycled them. Was just surprised to see them come through straight away. Kind of naively thought they'd have some sort of block. What if any of them are premium rate numbers. I don't want to incur costs for those.

They're probably all from one provider who doesn't clear out their backlogs - SMS should fail after a while

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement