Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

dennispenn wrote: »
    1 week with this crowd and apparently I have used up the fair usage allowance. I think that's 80gb.
    Of course I didn't but I'm now on a restricted speed which is painfully slow. Going through the customer service is equally painful.

Useless. I'll be porting back to three come Monday.

Were you using data on your phone only or had to laptops or PCs connected?

Some days I'd use over 80GB on my PC but I have FTTH.

1 week with this crowd and apparently I have used up the fair usage allowance. I think that's 80gb.
    Of course I didn't but I'm now on a restricted speed which is painfully slow. Going through the customer service is equally painful.

How much data does your phone say you've used in the past week in settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

shardylan wrote: »
    Really having issue with service and can’t get signal so quality of calls terrible
    Also Went up north over weekend and no internet at all . Letting my month run out if I can wait that long and going back to 48 .

Switch on roaming

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Scottie99 wrote: »
    Switch on roaming

It was on and tried switching off automatic network still nothing .Its not the phone as it’s brand new

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

I have a quick question..I changed from 3 yesterday. To gomo..why is it asking me for the pin number every time I switch the phone on and off..its saying unlock sim....everytime..
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,327 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

butrasgali wrote: »
    I have a quick question..I changed from 3 yesterday. To gomo..why is it asking me for the pin number every time I switch the phone on and off..its saying unlock sim....everytime..
    Thanks

Go to security settings and disable sim lock on the sim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

butrasgali wrote: »
    Thanks
    You can switch this off in the settings, pin number is located non the card the Sim was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭dennispenn

tuxy wrote: »
    Were you using data on your phone only or had to laptops or PCs connected?

Some days I'd use over 80GB on my PC but I have FTTH.

It's been pretty much all streaming with me. Netflix. Lots of YouTube. But in 1 week all the allowance gone. ... something ain't right here.
    They told me to turn off my phone for ten minutes to resolve the issue. Needless to say that it didn't work. ....nor did I expect it to.

I had the three network prior to this. 60gb is their fair usage cut off point I believe.
    Never in three years have I had an issue like this.

it says 80gb

it says 80gb

Well then this has nothing to do with Gomo. You hit your allowance and have been throttled accordingly. If you typically use that much then go back to Three who don't throttle.

• Advertisement

it says 80gb

80gb in one week on a phone!!! How on earth do you use that much? Are you streaming to the TV 24 hours a day

fritzelly wrote: »
    80gb in one week on a phone!!! How on earth do you use that much? Are you streaming to the TV 24 hours a day

A 1080p stream uses ~1.5 GB/hr and a 4K stream uses ~7 GB/hr so it's not that unfeasible really.

A 1080p stream uses ~1.5 GB/hr and a 4K stream uses ~7 GB/hr so it's not that unfeasible really.

Yeah but not what a 9.99 mobile deal is really for...

Does netflix support UHD on mobile? I don't think so

1080p netflix is 1.9 GB to 2.55 GB per hour.
    1080p youtuve is much the same but you will double the bandwidth at 60fps

So only about 15 hours of video if it's from youtube 1080p 60fps
    Of course I didn't but I'm now on a restricted speed which is painfully slow.
    it says 80gb

LOL :D

Next month watch in 720p, you will hardly notice on such a small screen and the 80GB should be enough for the month, just about.

fritzelly wrote: »
    Yeah but not what a 9.99 mobile deal is really for...

You can stream about 200 hours of video in SD with the 80 GB limit, which corresponds to about 3 movies per day, which is more than what 99% would watch. So it is relevant in the sense that people who like to use their phone to stream e.g. Netflix should still feel comfortable signing up to Gomo as long as they remember to set the quality to SD and/or monitor their usage. :)

You can stream about 200 hours of video in SD with the 80 GB limit, which corresponds to about 3 movies per day, which is more than what 99% would watch. So it is relevant in the sense that people who like to use their phone to stream e.g. Netflix should still feel comfortable signing up to Gomo as long as they remember to set the quality to SD and/or monitor their usage. :)

I watch in 4k on a TV, going back to SD is unbearable in my opinion.
    720p i could live with. 80GB is about 50 hours of 720p Netflix.

On a TV maybe. :pac:

I have my Youtube set to always be 480p as it's less likely to buffer while I commute and it doesn't bother me at all. 360p on the other hand.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

Out of curiosity what speeds are you getting now?

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what speeds are you getting now?

Someone else posted on this and I think they said 0.2Mps

Someone else posted on this and I think they said 0.2Mps

Yeah 0.2/3/4mps

• Advertisement

You can stream spotify and podcasts on that, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Then you should be using a wired BB connection. If you live somewhere that has no broadband then I'd sympathise, for everyone else using that sort of data on mobile is just killing the bandwith for everyone else. This is why 3 is sh!t for so many people, their cheap rates with a high cap has attracted all of the data hogs and the speeds for everyone have tanked.

I have FTTH
    GOMO is only for when I'm not at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can’t get a signal at all now, might need to ditch this. I have turned on airplane mode and restarted.

Vic_08 wrote: »
    Then you should be using a wired BB connection. If you live somewhere that has no broadband then I'd sympathise, for everyone else using that sort of data on mobile is just killing the bandwith for everyone else. This is why 3 is sh!t for so many people, their cheap rates with a high cap has attracted all of the data hogs and the speeds for everyone have tanked.

This is just not true at all, customers using less than 3 GB per day is just not going to have any affect on congestion. GoMo/Eir have obviously done some research on what a sensible fair usage limit would be such as to not affect customers as a whole and have decided that 80 GB per month is the sweet spot. What evidence have you found to show that that their research is incorrect, and what does your research show should be the sweet spot?

Just because you're using your 80 GB data to stream Netflix, Youtube etc. doesn't automatically mean you are having a significant negative affect on the speeds of other users as long as you are not taking the piss. I have broadband as well as GoMo but people shouldn't scaremonger others into also paying for broadband when they don't need it, mobile broadband exists for a reason and it's not just for people who can't get fixed line broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,201 ✭✭✭✭blade1

This is just not true at all, customers using less than 3 GB per day is just not going to have any affect on congestion. GoMo/Eir have obviously done some research on what a sensible fair usage limit would be such as to not affect customers as a whole and have decided that 80 GB per month is the sweet spot. What evidence have you found to show that that their research is incorrect, and what does your research show should be the sweet spot?

Just because you're using your 80 GB data to stream Netflix, Youtube etc. doesn't automatically mean you are having a significant negative affect on the speeds of other users as long as you are not taking the piss. I have broadband as well as GoMo but people shouldn't scaremonger others into also paying for broadband when they don't need it, mobile broadband exists for a reason and it's not just for people who can't get fixed line broadband.

Screenshot-20200118-124438.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I got rid of broadband and satellite tv and just use IPTV, its only 35 sterling for 6 months for 2 connections, thousands of channels and stable , so i use 2 Go Mo SIM cards, so for €20 a month im getting 160 GB which is enough for my usage i usually watch in in SD , occasionally in HD.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I got rid of broadband and satellite tv and just use IPTV, its only 35 sterling for 6 months for 2 connections, thousands of channels and stable , so i use 2 Go Mo SIM cards, so for €20 a month im getting 160 GB which is enough for my usage i usually watchn in SD , occasionally in HD.

See Jonny, that's called using your head.
    Some think they shouldn't have to use common sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

blade1 wrote: »
    See Jonny, that's called using your head.
    Some think they shouldn't have to use common sense.

saving me a fortune every month too, was paying around €60 a month for broadband and TV ,and that didnt include sports either, with the IPTV (i use a VPN as well) i get countless channels and it's a salid and stable service, and insted of forking out €30+ a month for one SIM i can get 2 for a score.

win win situation.

• Advertisement

jonnny68 wrote: »
    saving me a fortune every month too, was paying around €60 a month for broadband and TV ,and that didnt include sports either, with the IPTV (i use a VPN as well) i get countless channels and it's a salid and stable service, and insted of forking out €30+ a month for one SIM i can get 2 for a score.

win win situation.

I have iptv that is €40 a year.
    Not a very heavy user but probably watch one or two premier league a weak, a few hours of YouTube a few times a weak.
    The rest would be Spotify, a bit of sky sports news, a few TV shows on tea TV and terrium.
    Then your average browsing.
    31gb used in my hotshot since 1st.
    Plenty in 80gb for me.
    I also have a second gomo sim in my phone and use less than 10gb at very most if I use YouTube a bit on it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement