Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Brendan Monday 13 Jan 2020 ** See Mod note in OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭tnegun

josip wrote: »
    Yes and the wind is from south/south west.
    This is why weather alerts have to be colour coded.
    Yes but the poster was saying the mountains would shelter it from these winds but they're coming from the wrong direction for it to apply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Barely a breeze here in north kildare.

Aye,

NoI85Ig.jpg

Anyone in meath send me back my fence if you find it please

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭klose

mikep wrote: »
    You are pretty much under the squall line now..

Will be intense but won't last too long..

Ah interesting! Followed up by the brightest flash of lightning and loudest bang of thunder I've ever felt, house was shaking and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭shmeee

Very heavy rain around South Tipperary, trees down on multiple roads.

Flashes of lightening and thunder ongoing the last 10 minutes.

Be careful on the roads if venturing out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

pad199207 wrote: »
    This is easily the worst storm since Ophelia here in Kildare. Gusts are getting very big now.

North Kildare has nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭eastie17

Its Passed through east cork, violent winds and serious squalls for about 15 minutes and now just breezy. Like someone flicked a switch

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sliabh 1956

It seems to have moved on from the Clarecastle /Ennis region was quite breezy and one particiula r heavy rain shower . Glad to see the back of it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,676 ✭✭✭✭josip

tnegun wrote: »
    Yes but the poster was saying the mountains would shelter it from these winds but they're coming from the wrong direction for it to apply

Which was why I said that's the reason weather alerts are colour coded on a large regional basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Very wet and windy in north Donegal. Certainly feels like an Orange event.

North Kildare has nothing.

Where in particular? because I am in north kildare, and other posters - who have also agreed that it's pretty windy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Stunning sunshine in Galway at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

what time do we expect it to blow over fully in the East? want to get out for a run...

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Wind and rain has died down big time in Cork City

Aye,

NoI85Ig.jpg

Anyone in meath send me back my fence if you find it please

Rubbish. I'm looking out the window in work and it's drizzing straight down.

Look at the wind maps, it's showing 40kmh max around the midlands.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Joe Duffy going to feature Storm Brendan on Liveline on RTE Radio 1 after the lunchtime news. Should there be another warning issued for this?

Where in particular? because I am in north kildare, and other posters - who have also agreed that it's pretty windy.

Leixlip

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Broadway Joe

Not too bad here in Carlow, bit blustery but nothing major here yet.

Rubbish. I'm looking out the window in work and it's drizzing straight down.

Look at the wind maps, it's showing 40kmh max around the midlands.

Are you working abroad somewhere by chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Joe Duffy going to feature Storm Brendan on Liveline on RTE Radio 1 after the lunchtime news. Should there be another warning issued for this?

A red warning if Brendan O'Connor was going to be on the air!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Little snowy old me

Barely a breeze here in north kildare.

Nothing more than a very typical strong breeze with near gale gusts in the celbridge and Lucan area.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

Car Radio. You are full of sh!t

I am literally 2 minutes away from North Kildare, it is lashing out and the wind is really strong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Bad down near the coast alright in Galway...though not much just a little inland...could be one of those storms where just seems to be bad on the coast...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭Naggdefy

Are people exaggerating things here? Salthill prom has been re-opened hours ago.

That idea of yours about removing the trampoline from a motorway is one of the daftest things I've read on here. I'm a strong man, used to physical work. I'd hop out of a car to change a tyre, give people a dig out when I could.

The wind would catch the netting on that trampoline and it could go anywhere, especially when you attempted to get it moving. You'd be endangering yourself and motorists as you'd be pulled with it, even if you were 25st.

From farm experience any shed gates with galvanise are lethal when it's anyway windy. Many a person got a leg break, knocked out or worse. The dense meshing on a trampoline would be the very same.

Leixlip

Ah go way you fuckin clown, you were in salthill 20 mins ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

Building site next door to me closing up for the day. Debris and materials are flying everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭Mav11

madalig12 wrote: »
    If this storm was hitting Dublin the whole country would be on a red warning.

I think it is!!

http://www.dlhweather.com/6hr-wind-graph/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Max Gust of 113km/h at Waterford Airport in the last half hour. Very Stormy conditions the likes of we haven't seen here since Storm Ophelia

Youtube Stream from Waterford https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwZ1MnxjDUo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,128 ✭✭✭pad199207

Large parts of Kildare now without power. These winds now out my window are lethal coming up to lunchtime!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,183 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Far from scientific here but in work in Dublin City centre and it’s the loudest winds I can remember outside. Trees aren’t in trouble or anything by the looks of it but it sounds bad outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,846 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Interesting that the ESB powercheck is showing a notable cluster of outages running from Lucan in west Dublin, through to North meath. Has this area been subjected to a localised more severe wind than other inland areas?

Only showing one on the map and its planned. We are grand in Lucan

Advertisement