Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storm Brendan Monday 13 Jan 2020 ** See Mod note in OP before posting**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,849 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

This is a good website https://www.windy.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Belmullet and Newport sneak into Orange territory by 1&3km/h.

Roches @122km/h.

Yellow elsewhere.

EDIT: 12pm reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

My count so far of official weather stations recording orange and above level gusts

Belmullet
    Roches Point - tipped red
    Sherkin

Please let me know if there are others.

Newport.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

12pm reports show nothing exceptional either.

Newport joins the list of stations with orange level winds. No further red level winds reported.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

122 km/h gust at Roches Point in 1200 reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Settled down now in Galway City. Orange warning about right.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Seems to be quite a difference between south and north Dublin in 1200 reports.

Casement gusting 107 km/h whereas Dublin AP gusting 63 km/h.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Wind seems to have died down in cork city for now, is it due to pick up again later? That squall line was very strong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Ramping up in Dublin 22 now, heavy rain and winds of ~60km/h SSW

Last Fri night/Sat morning was worse (so far) going by the noises you hear from the roof at the top of an apt block!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

The Liffey is maybe a metre and a half away from overflowing at the Convention Centre in Dublin. Tied still going in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

This is a good website https://www.windy.com

Was just going to post that. It's great that you can log in to various CCTV images around to see what conditions are like.

I use this app all the time before preparing to fly my drone or to check on cloud coverage for photography.

Reccommended by pilots too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

All good in Dublin city centre, bit windy but nothing to worry about.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 247 ✭✭car_radio19834

Go on down and move it so

I would have got out if I was passing by it. Lads would rather take out their phones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I would have got out if I was passing by it. Lads would rather take out their phones though.

Sure ya would, and i woulda stopped 9/11 if i was there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭SeaBreezes

Wind seems to have died down in cork city for now, is it due to pick up again later? That squall line was very strong.

I think that's it for cork now. Once the squall line passes we are done.

Round 2 only affects west coast?
    Don't envy you squarecircles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Mortelaro wrote: »
    Gusting 82kmh Arklow atm

Still relatively calm here near Avoca. Mad how it can be so different just 15-20km away.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,661 ✭✭✭corks finest

Carrigaline 25 m ago plastic tool shed came off,calm now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Yes conditions were atrocious earlier but the wind has died down and rain has stopped. Hopefully the worst is over for us in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

US2 wrote: »
    Not sure if the truth is allowed on here, but nothing more than a breeze in Limerick,

Would a breeze do this?
    Near Castletroy exit on Motorway.

https://twitter.com/UL/status/1216687237166964736

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

The Liffey is maybe a metre and a half away from overflowing at the Convention Centre in Dublin. Tied still going in.

High tide not for another hour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

255971.jpg?b64lines=WU9VIEpVU1QgS0VFUAogUklHSFQgT04gRFJJVklORy4=

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Zetor19

Not even a rough day 5 years ago. Social media generation are pathetic.

High tide not for another hour

It's not going to overflow

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭littlema

Oh Holy God......was just trundling along but have just been sand blasted by rain/hail despite the fact that it’s brightening up over in the west.
    S Sligo 152m asl

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭netbeatz

Tramore Surf Shop are at it again in Waterford:

"Be careful out there today. This is the biggest storm to hit us in a long time. I would recommend leaving little Charlie and Ms Sue home from school today. The eye of the storm won't be hitting us until around 4pm (though weather channels are saying 12pm) when winds will reach over 75mph or 120kph.

Expect flying debri and falling trees"

These guys scare the crap out of everyone in the area everytime. They use Ventusky as their Forecasting tool 🙄

Its been a non event in Dublin thus far, granted it should only really be getting started here over the last hour or so.
    I'm currently in Santry and its very calm.

Lets see how the next few hours play out.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

The impact of tides could be a lot more relevant than the wind. Albeit very localized. Any cars floating in Galway yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I’m on a hill facing north and west, so sheltered to some extent from the winds given direction.
    Top gust recorded by my weather station is 95km/hr here in north Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,208 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

It's not going to overflow

No of course not, it'll be pretty high but that's it

• Advertisement

netbeatz wrote: »
    Tramore Surf Shop are at it again in Waterford:

"Be careful out there today. This is the biggest storm to hit us in a long time. I would recommend leaving little Charlie and Ms Sue home from school today. The eye of the storm won't be hitting us until around 4pm (though weather channels are saying 12pm) when winds will reach over 75mph or 120kph.

Expect flying debri and falling trees"

These guys scare the crap out of everyone in the area everytime. They use Ventusky as their Forecasting tool ��

The 'eye of the storm' lmao. The eye is hundreds of miles north west in the atlantic.

Advertisement