Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Thinking about things and coming to the realisation that if things get more serious with the guy I’ve been seeing and if he asks me to be his girlfriend or whatever that somehow it’ll get back to my ex and I just know that he’ll text me, cribbing about how I don’t want him back and making me feel bad about it/generally ruining the excitement of a potentially new relationship.

Also TA’d that this thought has kept me up till almost 4am :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Dynomutt

Same question to a visiting relative.
    "I'll have a skinny latte with semi-skimmed milk."

Eff off to Starbucks, then. It's far from skinny lattes you were raised.
    When this guy comes to my house:

"Will you have a cup of tea or coffee?"
    "Yeah I will thanks"
    "Which do you want?"
    "Whatever's handiest"
    "They're both equally handy."
    "Honest to God whichever you're making will do"
    "I don't know what I'm making because you won't tell me what you want"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

OP.

The letters OP refer to the Opening Post.

When someone quotes a post from page 30 of the thread and says "well, OP I think blah de blah" I get serious eyetwitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

OP.

When someone quotes a post from page 30 of the thread and says "well, OP I think blah de blah" I get serious eyetwitch

You literally beat me too it by 14 mins. I was about to say.

Things that annoy me :

Super long threads on Boards where you have to scroll back pages and pages to see if somebody has already said, what you are about to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

bcklschaps wrote: »
    You literally beat me too it by 14 mins. I was about to say.

Things that annoy me :

Super long threads on Boards where you have to scroll back pages and pages to see if somebody has already said, what you are about to say.

At least you have the common sense to do that,even if it is time consuming. Many dont bother and they make it obvious that they just jumped in to give their opinion in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

OP.

I always thought it was Original Poster? That's how I use it.

Anyway, today's TA: people who dawdle up the middle of busy footpaths. I walk from Rathmines to Baggot St Bridge (and back) every day and the amount of people who just meander along. That's their prerogative, fine, but move the fcuk over to the side so people can pass easily, FFS.

And while I'm at it, move to the left, obvs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Also, there's a woman standing near me on the bus and I can't quite figure out whether she's pregnant or not and I'm terrified to offer her my seat in case she isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭bcklschaps

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I always thought it was Original Poster? That's how I use it.

Anyway, today's TA: people who dawdle up the middle of busy footpaths. I walk from Rathmines to Baggot St Bridge (and back) every day and the amount of people who just meander along. That's their prerogative, fine, but move the fcuk over to the side so people can pass easily, FFS.

And while I'm at it, move to the left, obvs.

+1 for the dawdlers on narrow paths.

I know it makes me a horrible person... but on occasion I have gently nudged these sidewalk saboteurs out of my way and murmured not soo pleasantries at just about audible level as I did so.

Also pathway dwadlers who smoke or eat/drink whilst delaying my progress... deserve to go straight under the nearest passing bus.

[Disclaimer : I don't condone violence of any sort and would never nudge old people, the mentally infirm or young kids]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

I know it makes me a horrible person... but on occasion I have gently nudged these sidewalk saboteurs out of my way and murmured not soo pleasantries at just about audible level as I did so.

Also pathway dwadlers who smoke or eat/drink whilst delaying my progress... deserve to go straight under the nearest passing bus.

[Disclaimer : I don't condone violence of any sort and would never nudge old people, the mentally infirm or young kids]

You'll get a big hard box in the jaw one day for that carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The expression "I wanna say". My 22 year old niece is terrible for this. "So I bumped into John at, I wanna say, 2 O' clock".

Well SAY 2 O' clock then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The expression "I wanna say". My 22 year old niece is terrible for this. "So I bumped into John at, I wanna say, 2 O' clock".

Well SAY 2 O' clock then.

never heard of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Daughter: “mam can we watch Harry Potter”

Me: “of course, here you go”

After twenty minutes

Daughter: “this is boring. Can we watch blippy?”

:mad:

Anyone looking to adopt a heathen?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Daughter: “mam can we watch Harry Potter”

Me: “of course, here you go”

After twenty minutes

Daughter: “this is boring. Can we watch blippy?”

:mad:

Anyone looking to adopt a heathen?

She's not wrong.
    Tried to watch the first one - booooooooringggggggg!

Never looked at another one.

How old is she? Is she useful about the house? Does she eat much?

She's not wrong.
    Tried to watch the first one - booooooooringggggggg!

Never looked at another one.

How old is she? Is she useful about the house? Does she eat much?

Just turned three.
    Good at fetching something if asked, but will eat you out of house and home.
    Comes complete with a frozen obsession and sings/screeches Let it go about fifteen times a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Just turned three.
    Comes complete with a frozen obsession and sings/screeches Let it go about fifteen times a day.

You're not really selling her.
    I suspect you really want to keep her.

Give me a shout when she's over the Frozen thing.

You're not really selling her.
    I suspect you really want to keep her.

Give me a shout when she's over the Frozen thing.

I never was a good saleswoman :( :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Thinking about things and coming to the realisation that if things get more serious with the guy I’ve been seeing and if he asks me to be his girlfriend or whatever that somehow it’ll get back to my ex and I just know that he’ll text me, cribbing about how I don’t want him back and making me feel bad about it/generally ruining the excitement of a potentially new relationship.

Also TA’d that this thought has kept me up till almost 4am :mad:

Just forget your ex. After the end of your relationship he has zero rights to interfere with your live. He sounds like a control freak to me or someone who can’t accept simple facts. If you have feelings for the new guy just go ahead and ignore your ex.:pac:

There is a difference between meeting your ex for some craic as you have a bit of shared past and him interfering with your life. Look forward...;)

From a single guy who can still meet most of his exes every few years. :D

Incongruencies, be they real, perceived or in the case of this thread - optical ones -
    I just can't get my head around any annoyance being trivial. Trivial things that annoy
    me, well that's something else and I've a long list of them.

I'm going to go with trying to think of things that trivially annoy me as one of the things
    that trivially annoys me :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I had such great plans for today, but woke up to late, so now I'll probably not be able to sleep tonight either.
    :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Reminded of a TA last night. Came home to find the wife watching a Nigel Slater cookery programme. It's either cookery or home improvements with her- how about getting off your ass and actually cooking.

But anyway, it is a TA of mine that all these chefs (Nigella, Jamie Oliver, the whole gambit) always tell us how the dish they have just cooked is "superb" "amazing" "fantastic".

They take a taste...silence and look into the camera: "That tastes amazing. You can really get the coolness of the mint and the texture of the aubergines..**** **** knob knob. Fantastic."

Just once, I want Mary Berry or whoever to look into the camera and go:

"Do you know what? That is a bit ****e."

• Advertisement

Bredabe wrote: »
    I had such great plans for today, but woke up to late, so now I'll probably not be able to sleep tonight either.
    :mad::mad::mad::(:(:(:(

Bite the bullet and pull an all-nighter..:) Be tough going but you know it makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭AngryLoner

Here's something that *inexplicably* drives me nuts:

this new habit of people saying "I want to say...", instead of "I think it was..."

example:

person a: "When did you first realize you were an absolute moron?"
    person b: "I can't be certain... I want to say... 2014?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,021 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Drives me crazy, just say I think or I dont know. 'I wanna say', means nothing.

It must be back on media again to be back in common usage, a us import which is supposed to wire the brain to its 'previously unknown or unvoiced wants and needs'.

TATATATA

There was supposed to be a multi quote there, but doesnt seem to have 'taken'.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

TA at the fact I keep misreading and misspelling words today.

I was reading about the plaque for the guy who slipped on ice but I thought it said plague.

I saw a headline about a man with the surname Bonner and I thought it said Boner.

In a work email inviting everybody into a lotto pool I said "Thanks for the invite but I don't want to be part of the poo".

And in an email to my boss in America I was attempting to say "did you ask the customer?" but actually asked him "did you ass the customer?"

I need sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Wow. I’m a young dawdler because cancer has damaged my pelvis and spine. Getting nudged out of the way by somebody would honestly make me want to curse the sky more than usual and my “curse the sky” levels are at an elevated level as it is. I don’t know whether I take up the whole path either. I’m just one person but sometimes people are with me and walking alongside. I’m 35 with no outward signs of illness currently. It’s okay to nudge me? Better work on looking more ill for people. Make it more performative. :rolleyes:

Yes, what you describe is a horrible thing to do. Which I guess you have acknowledged, in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Just forget your ex. After the end of your relationship he has zero rights to interfere with your live. He sounds like a control freak to me or someone who can’t accept simple facts. If you have feelings for the new guy just go ahead and ignore your ex.:pac:

There is a difference between meeting your ex for some craic as you have a bit of shared past and him interfering with your life. Look forward...;)

From a single guy who can still meet most of his exes every few years. :D

See this is the thing, I don’t care what he thinks, I just really don’t want him texting me whining and complaining that I wouldn’t take him back and then got involved with someone else. We’ve rehashed it more than once, there’s nothing left to say about me and my ex’s relationship, it’s in the past and that’s where I want it to stay.

Although there is a sense here that I’m putting the cart before the horse because I’ve nothing to “worry” about just yet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Just turned three.

Wait till teh teen years,you havent seen food shovelling.Until you see teens eat.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Going over to the cooker to knock one ring off.But instead i knock the whole cooker off.And then wonder why my spuds dont cook.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Wait till teh teen years,you havent seen food shovelling.Until you see teens eat.:D

:(
    Better start playing the lotto :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Kitty6277 wrote:
    See this is the thing, I don’t care what he thinks, I just really don’t want him texting me whining and complaining that I wouldn’t take him back and then got involved with someone else. We’ve rehashed it more than once, there’s nothing left to say about me and my ex’s relationship, it’s in the past and that’s where I want it to stay.

Just block his number. He's not like your ex husband or anything and you owe him nowt.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement