Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Thinking about things and coming to the realisation that if things get more serious with the guy I’ve been seeing and if he asks me to be his girlfriend or whatever that somehow it’ll get back to my ex and I just know that he’ll text me, cribbing about how I don’t want him back and making me feel bad about it/generally ruining the excitement of a potentially new relationship.

Also TA’d that this thought has kept me up till almost 4am :mad:
    See this is the thing, I don’t care what he thinks, I just really don’t want him texting me whining and complaining that I wouldn’t take him back and then got involved with someone else. We’ve rehashed it more than once, there’s nothing left to say about me and my ex’s relationship, it’s in the past and that’s where I want it to stay.

Although there is a sense here that I’m putting the cart before the horse because I’ve nothing to “worry” about just yet :pac:

Block him and then he can't be txting ya cribbing, block him everywhere actually and don't be lying awake till 4 am worrying over it either, that's letting him have power over you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

People who don’t keep their dogs on leads in the park. I was followed by a ratty looking Pomeranian who snarled at my dog for about 2k of my walk. When I’d done the full circle I saw his owner sitting in the car having a fag calling him back. That’s grand love you sit and enjoy yourself and your view of your annoying twit of a dog torturing everyone in sight while you’re there on your arse

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Guy Person wrote: »
    I need sleep.

Or a cup of Peruvian sweet stuff.

Please don't misread Peruvian as something else :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Thinking about things and coming to the realisation that if things get more serious with the guy I’ve been seeing and if he asks me to be his girlfriend or whatever that somehow it’ll get back to my ex and I just know that he’ll text me, cribbing about how I don’t want him back and making me feel bad about it/generally ruining the excitement of a potentially new relationship.

Also TA’d that this thought has kept me up till almost 4am :mad:

Block,block,block.I assure you,he isnt sitting up till 4 worrying about you.

If he broke up with you,it smacks off i dont want you but nobody else can either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

People who don’t keep their dogs on leads in the park. I was followed by a ratty looking Pomeranian who snarled at my dog for about 2k of my walk. When I’d done the full circle I saw his owner sitting in the car having a fag calling him back. That’s grand love you sit and enjoy yourself and your view of your annoying twit of a dog torturing everyone in sight while you’re there on your arse

Ah you have to admire how well trained the dog is!

If only all dogs could scoop their own poop......Oh wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Ghosteen wrote: »
    Just block his number. He's not like your ex husband or anything and you owe him nowt.

You’re actually so right.

Block him and then he can't be txting ya cribbing, block him everywhere actually and don't be lying awake till 4 am worrying over it either, that's letting him have power over you.

I’ve deleted him everywhere but I imagine word would get back through one of his friends somehow. He still has my phone number so maybe I should just block him and then he can’t be annoying me.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Block,block,block.I assure you,he isnt sitting up till 4 worrying about you.

If he broke up with you,it smacks off i dont want you but nobody else can either.

He broke up with me and then realised he made a mistake and asked (nearly begged) me to take him back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You’re actually so right.

I’ve deleted him everywhere but I imagine word would get back through one of his friends somehow. He still has my phone number so maybe I should just block him and then he can’t be annoying me.

He broke up with me and then realised he made a mistake and asked (nearly begged) me to take him back

You are well rid so.Grass wasnt as green as he thought then

Gettin ont' bus really trivially annoys me.

There'd be folk getting off 'nd folk getting on at bus stop.

Then there'd be me who knows what time it is waytin ta git on.

Well you'd think afta cupla minutes folk who be getting off wud've gotten off

But nah, there'd be people just avin' gotn ont' bus and sat dine,
    nd then there'd be those what can't get on account of stragglers getn off.
    That's a bigger annoyance than what trivial annoyance is:

Trivial annoyance in this sityashin is me there ont' first 'r second step nd person in front of me avin'
    to reverse back off an account of aforementioned stragglers.
    And person; who's not at fault int this scenahrio, wat has to get off bus to let straggler off, is 'oweva
    at fault regardin' trivial annoyance cos they always just reverse, and I mean nigh on always, reverse-
    'alf sidle without lookin' back onto moi who's ont' first or second step as preeviously stayted.

'nd there's never no apology or owt like tha'.... In fact a result for me is if they; the person what's obliged
    to get off bus afore they're even on don't look at me like i'm the c$&t.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,156 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Trivial annoyance in this sityashin is me there ont' first 'r second step nd person in front of me avin'
    And person; who's not at fault int this scenahrio, wat has to get off bus to let straggler off, is 'oweva
    at fault regardin' trivial annoyance cos they always just reverse, and I mean nigh on always, reverse-
    'alf sidle without lookin' back onto moi who's ont' first or second step as preeviously stayted.

'nd there's never no apology or owt like tha'.... In fact a result for me is if they; the person what's obliged

Did you mean to post that in the Facebook thread? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057422698

Did you mean to post that in the Facebook thread? https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057422698

I didn't actually; I posted as intended, but it doesn't read as well (or at all:confused:)
    as I thought when the words came into my head.

I'll use English next time :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

I didn't actually; I posted as intended, but it doesn't read as well (or at all:confused:)
    as I thought when the words came into my head.

I'll use English next time :o

I enjoyed reading it! It made me do a North of England accent in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭gifted

Just got pay slip....payed way more tax than usual......AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH...............bloody country..........I'd be better off if I didn't work.........

• Registered Users Posts: 30,198 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's another series starting tonight with the guy who teaches people how to be good with money and a lot of it is the most common scene.

I enjoyed reading it! It made me do a North of England accent in my head.

RESULT... :):D

Appy' Daze .... I'm like dog in Eastenders me - Well'ard I believe is collokeealeism.... :p That'll do for me.. Can shuffle off now 'nt finish 'am sahnay :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

There's another series starting to tonight with the guy who teaches people how to be good with money and a lot of it is the most common scene.

Alot of it is common sense but it's shocking how clueless some people can be.

That can be from being brought up in a house with no money worries or brought up in a house with no money to worry about.

I would love to see some programme rolled out for transition year students that goes through the basics of the tax system, how to do a household budget (home economics covers this abit) ,how interest rates work, I don't know some other "life skills", way arou a drill, a sewing kit etc.

Alot of it is common sense but it's shocking how clueless some people can be.

That can be from being brought up in a house with no money worries or brought up in a house with no money to worry about.

I would love to see some programme rolled out for transition year students that goes through the basics of the tax system, how to do a household budget (home economics covers this abit) ,how interest rates work, I don't know some other "life skills", way arou a drill, a sewing kit etc.

It's just a personal belief of mine that some people chooses to be clueless regarding things when they want to be.
    There's more information available to people ever than before but they've to go on TV to be told to get there moment of fame.
    There's also no need to basically make the same series over and over again.

I've no issue really with things being taught in schools but at what point do you stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

Every time I click on independent.ie and scroll down I see this guys mug. I really don't know why his face annoys me or who he even is.

iHungry wrote: »
    Every time I click on independent.ie and scroll down I see this guys mug. I really don't know why his face annoys me or who he even is.

For somebody who's really into healthy and fitness I often think he looks a little off colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭santana75

Someone has probably mentioned this one already but what absolutely drives me to the brink of murder is approaching an ATM and just as I get to the thing someone pops out of nowhere and reaches the machine before me. So Im already pissed off and wondering, where the F**k did they even come from, but then it appears as though this is the first time they've ever used an atm because theyre taking forever to even press any buttons. So eventually they get their cash......but then theyve selected a statement because if they'd just gotten cash they'd be gone by now. Which they arent. So a statement is printed, relieved and inspected and Im thinking ok, they'll f**k off now that the transaction has well and truly been completed. But no, theyre still standing there staring at the machine. Im thinking, what they hell is going on here? Then another card is produced, and the whole shenanigans is repeated. A two carder. And Im thinking, if I had been just 10 seconds earlier........and then a third card is produced. Im ready to gouge out this persons eyes with their own bank cards.

• Advertisement

It's just a personal belief of mine that some people chooses to be clueless regarding things when they want to be.
    There's more information available to people ever than before but they've to go on TV to be told to get there moment of fame.
    There's also no need to basically make the same series over and over again.

I've no issue really with things being taught in schools but at what point do you stop.

I agree with you regarding their moment of fame!

However I have come across people who are frighteningly clueless, and while yes there is more accessibility to information than ever before it can be very daunting, some of the language used can sometimes be very heavy on jargon etc.

I think a basics explored in school would be a good starting point a high level of how the tax system works, mortgages, interest rates, life assurance, pensions etc, by no means am I suggesting exam level standard just the "cliffs notes" version, so when people need to do their own research they have a starting point.

Sure he'll explain it all to us using a salt and pepper shaker, maybe a few sugar cubes too :)

For somebody who's really into healthy and fitness I often think he looks a little off colour!

He does be caked in make up on TV too!

I don't know it's like "you are what you eat" I'll take nigella over your wan gillian every single time!!!

I agree with you regarding their moment of fame!

However I have come across people who are frighteningly clueless, and while yes there is more accessibility to information than ever before it can be very daunting, some of the language used can sometimes be very heavy on jargon etc.

I think a basics explored in school would be a good starting point a high level of how the tax system works, mortgages, interest rates, life assurance, pensions etc, by no means am I suggesting exam level standard just the "cliffs notes" version, so when people need to do their own research they have a starting point.

Sure he'll explain it all to us using a salt and pepper shaker, maybe a few sugar cubes too :)

I totally understand where you coming from and a while ago I thought it was a fantastic idea but just in my experience those who don't want to learn will always have an excuse. If it was taught in school they'd be crying saying the teacher was horrible in school and that's why I spent all my money on clothes because I did't know how to save.

Don't worry. I won't be watching. I had enough of him.

He does be caked in make up on TV too!

I don't know it's like "you are what you eat" I'll take nigella over your wan gillian every single time!!!

There's not many that wouldn't take nigella - saucy minx :p Oofff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

TA that I still sound like this even after 30 years in Cork :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The victims of crime don’t actually matter anymore . Two hijacking/ kidnapping attempts this week and we get laughing sneering scum bags on the news
    They know damn well they will get a slap on the wrist anyway
    It enrages me

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The victims of crime don’t actually matter anymore . Two hijacking/ kidnapping attempts this week and we get laughing sneering scum bags on the news
    They know damn well they will get a slap on the wrist anyway
    It enrages me

You mustn't get annoyed easily if that's a Trialvilly annoyance!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

You mustn't get annoyed easily if that's a Trialvilly annoyance!

Most posts here are in fact not trivial !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I knocked a carrier bag off of a kitchen chair and the bottle of red wine in it shattered. The only small consolation was it wasn't for me. It was fun trying to keep the small child and the dog out of it as I cleaned it up. The dog was trying to lick it while she was delightedly saying it looked like I'd murdered someone.

• Advertisement

Another thing that trivially annoys me is if i'm standing/waiting somewhere on my own (bus stop for example) in the great wide open as it were and a car happens to be going by slowly at the time with more than one person in it, and it's usually the passenger that's the culprit here, as often as not though not exclusively a middleaged / auld wan type bint.

So bint takes it upon herself to stare at leff as if it's the greatest entitlement ever bestowed upon her.

When clocked by myself, she will usually use her imaginary privilege to keep staring like i'm a flippin dancing bear for a good 2 seconds more before she somewhat sheepishly looks to what I suppose is her husband, almost for validation...

Busstops and Bints.... :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement