Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

cjmc wrote: »
    TA is reading a thread and not copping on its 4 years old

I've noticed an increase in resurrecting old threads in the last month or so. Very annoying!

Unless it's op returning with an update!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I've noticed an increase in resurrecting old threads in the last month or so. Very annoying!

Unless it's op returning with an update!

The OP of this thread must have an exploding head with the tens of thousands of subsequent TAs that have since been posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

gifted wrote: »
    I'm working 30 years since Nov of last year....and I can't afford a holiday for the family this year....I know that might come across as first world problems but after 30 years of working I'm pissed off.

Not judging you here because I don't know you and I hope I am wrong. I am just passing a comment.

Do you and your partner smoke cigarettes?

40 smokes a day for a year comes in at €8k.

A family could have two overseas holidays and a holiday at home for that amount of money every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Not judging you here because I don't know you and I hope I am wrong. I am just passing a comment.

A family could have two overseas holidays and a holiday at home for that amount of money every year.

Often wonder why my non-smoker friends don't spend their savings on what they constantly tell me I could spend it on :pac:

TA'd at my filthy habits

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

The guy at the check out in Lidl told me he liked my hat. Then as I was packing up my bits he told the next girl he liked her coat so now I just feel played.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Often wonder why my non-smoker friends don't spend their savings on what they constantly tell me I could spend it on :pac:

TA'd at my filthy habits

It doesn't have to be either/or. Just holiday in a duty free island and do a years worth of smoking in 1 week at a fraction of the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It doesn't have to be either/or. Just holiday in a duty free island and do a years worth of smoking in 1 week at a fraction of the cost.

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter :D

TA'd that I'm kind of sick, not sick enough though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Reduced food in shops going in at full price.Because the reduced stickers are not put on properly.

Liks in a shop today,at self scan.Went in full price and the fella comes over all like its my fault.

Except its not covered and he couldnt remember his number so moved me to another self scan.Thats what you get ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

My appetite is insatiable since the Christmas break. I literally cannot stop eating. I ate a huge dinner last night, and was hungry enough to eat another straight after. Adjusting to smaller portions is no fun but I know I'll regret it if I don't get it in hand.
    TA'd at being hungry all day & wanting all the nice things :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,875 ✭✭✭gifted

Nope...we both don't smoke....I can count on one hand the amount of times that we both went out to a pub drinking last year....it's just the cost of living is pissing me off.....you save on something but you find that's something else is gone up......two of us work, .now herself is on parental leave for half a week but that's to save on childcare....ah folks I'm only having a rant....when I win the lotto I promise to buy ye all boards subscriptions lol lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

dubstarr wrote: »
    Reduced food in shops going in at full price.Because the reduced stickers are not put on properly.

Liks in a shop today,at self scan.Went in full price and the fella comes over all like its my fault.

Except its not covered and he couldnt remember his number so moved me to another self scan.Thats what you get ha.

Glad you cleared up that for me ......:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,109 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Being treated like a charity case.

My Dad has contacts in the second-hand car trade and whenever something comes on the market he tends to be in the loop. One came up before Christmas that would an ideal upgrade on my own car, but I specifically told him I wouldn't be able to afford it till April/May as I have some dental procedures coming up in early 2020 amongst other expenses. My car insurance ruins till mid-May anyway so a switch over would be a lot easier.

But doesn't he go ahead and buy the car anyway (under the proviso that I pay him back which I obviously will). I'm not a teenager, I can afford to look after myself financially. But I am prudent too, and would have much prefered to have done it in my own time when I had more time to save for it. But that would have required dialogue between two parties of course.

My jalopy served my needs just fine. Don't want to sound ungrateful, but I don't like being molly-coddled either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The term "content creator". What meaningless BS.
    It's not as infuriating as "influencer". That one drives me mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's not as infuriating as "influencer". That one drives me mad.

Is it just me or does it sound creepy? Like manipulating people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Alecto wrote: »

Isn’t that just basically what it is though?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Or like a carrier of the flu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

When you are cutting your hot dog bun but accidentally slice it all the way through in two halves. ☹️

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

There is a stop /go system on the road at the bottom of the estate and every time ,no matter what direction I'm going, the lights are red. They stay red for ages too:(

That's the strangest part. It's not manipulation at all. These people literally tell their followers they're going to try and influence them and people lap it up! I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

The guy at the check out in Lidl told me he liked my hat. Then as I was packing up my bits he told the next girl he liked her coat so now I just feel played.

Didn’t read the last memo properly. He is only allowed to compliment every second lady.;)

Back to Lidl school with him, ha.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,568 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I forgot!

Dunnes has Paddy's Day's stuff for sale already...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

New Home wrote: »
    I forgot!

Dunnes has Paddy's Day's stuff for sale already...

That's just wrong!

I know!!! I mean, like, what about Valentine's Day? :pac:

And the celebration that is the 29th of February.......

Go on, tell us... is that your birthday, or are you hoping someone will propose to you?

Go on, tell us... is that your birthday, or are you hoping someone will propose to you?

Not my birthday and I'm single so I doubt anyone will be proposing marriage to me.

I thought it Should be celebrated as it only happens once every 4 years.... (I.e. any excuse to flog rubbish)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,082 ✭✭✭Be right back

Was in Dunnes today, seems like they've skipped it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Being told that an aspect of my behaviour is rude.
    I don't mean to be rude at all, it's just the way I come across. Now that I know, I can work on changing this behaviour, but I don't think I can win this person back.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Being told that an aspect of my behaviour is rude.
    I don't mean to be rude at all, it's just the way I come across. Now that I know, I can work on changing this behaviour, but I don't think I can win this person back.
    If someone lets you know they don't like a certain behaviour from you and you are willing to change that behaviour but they cut you off anyway, that person isn't worth your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    If someone lets you know they don't like a certain behaviour from you and you are willing to change that behaviour but they cut you off anyway, that person isn't worth your time.

Apparently they had noticed it for months and didn't bother to tell me until just now. I was oblivious as I thought we got on well! Same person even bought me a pint at Christmas!
    It's a long story, but how was I to know I was messing up when I wasn't told. I think I'm bad at picking up nonverbal cues, but there were ample opportunities when it was just the two of us and they could have brought it up. I listen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement