Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

The flight or fight cough.
    Your either walking past someone or someone steps out of a shop door when you are entering and maybe you have to check your stride slightly when they do this unnecessary loud dry cough. Its just the tension of a close encounter no matter how fleeting. Its a kind of posturing cough. You just know if you werent there as they stepped out or walk passed you there would be no cough. It can also be a hoik, where they aggressively snot inwards through their nostrils which is a more elevated version of the cough. The message ''You come at me buddy an im ready for you''. I think they think they are in the C wing of Mountjoy with the tension levels in their head. I call it the flight of fight cough!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

People on done deal who price an item as €123456.
    Each and all of them can fcuk right fcukin off.
    Either write how much you want for it or keep the fcukin thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People on done deal who price an item as €123456.
    Each and all of them can fcuk right fcukin off.
    Either write how much you want for it or keep the fcukin thing.

Try asking somebody what millage is on a car and the response you get is ''It's a Toyota''.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,444 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Burning the roof of your mouth.

One more for me tonight and it comes under the umbrella term "bint entitlement"

This one is mainly prevalent in supermarkets.

Bint gets to checkout and cashier, as she's swiping through bint's messages states cheerily..... "oh they're two for one"..... and guess what down totters checkout girl to procure for bint that other jar of jam / tub of showergel whatever it may be.

But turn that coin on an angle and through no fault of mine own a product is placed on escalator and duly goes through scanner and don't scan. It ain't on me - that was how I found it. So 7 or more times out of ten checkout girl sends me down, like a bloody sap to procure another similar item. Checkout bird probably uses the 50 seconds or so to give the "sure ya know yourself" look to, either one of her colleagues or to the next bint in line, who, while appreciative of the acknowledgement remains oblivious that it was often through her very own dodderyness that that some other consumer was oft discommoded likewise.

So, in supermarkets, the bint privilege allows bint to not have to suffer the ramifications of her own ineptitude, and just waits there at the counter contentedly, while sometimes surprisingly uses the 70 seconds on average to have a root around her purse/ handbag for whatever it is bints do be rooting for with maybe one or two furtive glances in the direction from whence bint came and amiable shop bird went.

I might write a manifesto yet.

Would need to do a literary course though first so maybe too much hassle.

The bint and her enablers have a lot to answer for :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I have finished work for the week. 50 hours in 4 days. I decided to eat shíte for dinner instead of the healthy meal I had planned. I went to Tesco and got a pizza, chocolate, and decided fook it and got whiskey too. TA at the paranoid feeling I always get at the checkout that everyone is judging me, they're probably not and I shouldn't care but just a small part of me does and it's a trivial annoyance.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Anytime I try to fill in my overplucked since the 90s eyebrows I look exactly like one of the angry birds :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Guy Person wrote: »
    I have finished work for the week. 50 hours in 4 days. I decided to eat shíte for dinner instead of the healthy meal I had planned. I went to Tesco and got a pizza, chocolate, and decided fook it and got whiskey too. TA at the paranoid feeling I always get at the checkout that everyone is judging me, they're probably not and I shouldn't care but just a small part of me does and it's a trivial annoyance.

I have often bought just wine, cat food and a pizza.

Some day I'll go in and just buy cucumbers and Vaseline....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Aglomerado wrote: »

And batteries. Don't forget the batteries.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

And some cable ties.

• Advertisement

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    And some cable ties.

Cripes, nearly forgot . Thanks

TA that I smudged my glasses taking them off to wipe away the tears of laughter this post caused.

Post of the year for me so far without a doubt. :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sardonicat wrote: »
    And batteries. Don't forget the batteries.
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    And some cable ties.

That's a mighty peculiar way to make a salad... let alone using the vaseline as dressing...

New Home wrote: »
    That's a mighty peculiar way to make a salad... let alone using the vaseline as dressing...

It's the type of salad the calls for stick of wet celery to compliment the various components. Judicious use of large salad tongs can also add to the overall enjoyment.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

BBC GoodFood website, right?

New Home wrote: »
    BBC GoodFood website, right?

Well, there is a website. ...

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It's the type of salad the calls for stick of wet celery to compliment the various components. Judicious use of large salad tongs can also add to the overall enjoyment.

Salad tongs??

I'm just imagining a forceps situation now!

TA I don't know how to do a puke emoji on here.

Salad tongs??

I'm just imagining a forceps situation now!

TA I don't know how to do a puke emoji on here.

Jettison the fork and keep the large spoon...

TA my sister isn't giving me a night off from taking care of my Dad this week so no, eh, salad for me tomorrow night.

TA that I smudged my glasses taking them off to wipe away the tears of laughter this post caused.

Post of the year for me so far without a doubt. :)

Thanks. :D having a sh1tty week so glad I can make people laugh! :D:D

• Advertisement

TA that all this talk of cucumbers and large spoons has me feeling emasculated.

Is there no love for the humble pickle?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Do you want some cocktail sausages instead Guy.

TA this food chatter is making me hungry again,

TA that all this talk of cucumbers and large spoons has me feeling emasculated.

Is there no love for the humble pickle?? :(

PICKLE RICK!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know he was only a teenager but I saw something on TV last night about the young scientist and this lad said. ''Cars in the PARKING LOT''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Worrying about someone and they didn't pick up when I rang so I know it's going to be a sleepless night. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I always thought it was Original Poster? That's how I use it.

Anyway, today's TA: people who dawdle up the middle of busy footpaths. I walk from Rathmines to Baggot St Bridge (and back) every day and the amount of people who just meander along. That's their prerogative, fine, but move the fcuk over to the side so people can pass easily, FFS.

And while I'm at it, move to the left, obvs.

Same!
    TA just sat through an exam where some idiot just barked and coughed the whole way through. Literally every 20 seconds. People have zero consideration these days .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

When I used to drink wine I'd always have to buy it in a separate shop to where I bought my cat food. I just couldn't queue up with wine and felix together because it was too much crazy spinster night in!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

People saying “super” when they mean very.

e.g .I was super tired.

I lent someone a CD in early summer, I told that person I wouldn't need it back immediately and to keep it for a few weeks, but I made it very clear that I did want it back. Late November, and still no sign of my CD back. Asked to have it returned in early December, nothing. I asked again before Christmas, I was promised I'd have it back before then, still nothing. I got it back yesterday. BUT THEY HAD REMOVED THE STICKERS FROM THE COVER. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I mean, it's not YOURS, what possesses you to do that? If I'd have wanted to remove the stickers, I'd have done it myself a long time ago! Yes, it's trivial, but it annoys me so much. Almost as much as taking so long to return it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

My taste buds have been shot this past few days. That may be a sign of impending sickness which is ok.
    But if they were permanently shot I would be devastated. And that's my TA...worrying about what will likely not happen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement