Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Be right back

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Being told that an aspect of my behaviour is rude.
    I don't mean to be rude at all, it's just the way I come across. Now that I know, I can work on changing this behaviour, but I don't think I can win this person back.

If they're not going to give you a chance, maybe they are not worth keeping in touch with.

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Apparently they had noticed it for months and didn't bother to tell me until just now. I was oblivious as I thought we got on well! Same person even bought me a pint at Christmas!
    It's a long story, but how was I to know I was messing up when I wasn't told. I think I'm bad at picking up nonverbal cues, but there were ample opportunities when it was just the two of us and they could have brought it up. I listen.

Well done for taking it on board and addressing it,I dont think I'd handle so well tbh,I'd probably be upset but would also be annoyed that they only mentioned after months..are you sure that it's accurate and not just their personal take on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Well done for taking it on board and addressing it,I dont think I'd handle so well tbh,I'd probably be upset but would also be annoyed that they only mentioned after months..are you sure that it's accurate and not just their personal take on it?

I'd say it's their personal take on it. I never intended to be rude but I can see how it might be perceived as such (maybe a tone of voice, certain words) . I'm the sort of person who says please and thank you,a lot, maybe too much sometimes!

I'm also very introverted and can sometimes come across as aloof, when people get to know me they generally see past that.

I swear but tone it down in public/ work.
    I am annoyed and upset...especially as it has been festering under my nose. I have eaten very little over the last few days. If anything good is to come of this I will shed a few pounds.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Stinking smelly joint smokers getting onto the Luas and making the place reek of the stuff. Especially first thing in the morning. Its rotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

A bit TA’d that the dog walking comments led to the “won’t somebody think of the children” parents.

Most dogs not on leads go about their business and have no interest in interacting with strangers. Often it is an irrational fear in children, which parents should work on eliminating (before it later becomes “anxiety”) rather than expecting everyone else to care about it.

Two well groomed dogs attacked and killed my cat a few weeks ago. They were out roaming the streets at midnight, and by the time I got outside, it was too late for my poor cat.

Don't try telling me that it's OK for dogs to be let roam wherever they want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,812 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I need to work on my grump.
    A stranger in a bar the other day told me that I have a lovely smile:(

Pretty sure he wasn't coming on to me, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

This is mostly aimed at people born between 1999 - 2005 era but also towards a frightening amount of older simpletons generations.

Iv been getting annoyed at how people have been going on, on the internet recently. Like Im losing faith in humanity. The fires in Australia has initiated the annoyance directed towards people on twitter and online (news networks etc) posting false information. The climate change narrative has been furiously pushed upon everyone when people are deliberately ignoring updates of the investigation by police stating is was deliberately lit!! Also, emotional morans on twitter pouring out their bleeding hearts with the cute well rinsed talking points and well wishes. Loads of buzz words to "post-apocalyptic" "Blade-Runner" etc Also posting from other countries that have been taken at different times. Like when the f*ck has their ever been brown bears in AUS ffs.

There seems to be an awful lot of US secretaries of defense online. Pretty young ones too. Don't get me started on them. Influencers are not white house correspondents, actually, no one with an internet connection and a camera is one either.

EVERYTHING IS FOR CLICKS AND LIKES AND ATTENTION. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Two well groomed dogs attacked and killed my cat a few weeks ago. They were out roaming the streets at midnight, and by the time I got outside, it was too late for my poor cat.

Sorry for your loss Ragnar. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,314 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

GBX wrote: »
    Stinking smelly joint smokers getting onto the Luas and making the place reek of the stuff. Especially first thing in the morning. Its rotten.

I'm fine with all type of smokers once they know they smell of smoke. No how much they clean there clothes or shower,etc you do smell to a none smoker.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I'm fine with all type of smokers once they know they smell of smoke. No how much they clean there clothes or shower,etc you do smell to a none smoker.

I can manage the smell of smoke from somebody and some people do try their best to mask it. But its those who exhale smoke when entering a doorway or running for a bus/luas but it comes in with them instead of it drifting off into the air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

This is mostly aimed at people born between 1999 - 2005 era but also towards a frightening amount of older simpletons generations.

There seems to be an awful lot of US secretaries of defense online. Pretty young ones too. Don't get me started on them. Influencers are not white house correspondents, actually, no one with an internet connection and a camera is one either.

EVERYTHING IS FOR CLICKS AND LIKES AND ATTENTION. :mad:

Delete Twitter. Problem solved.

Twitter is it's own microcosm where everyone who uses it assumes everyone else uses Twitter. You will get by just fine without up to the second updates from "influencers".

My TA is that I cannot sleep. 3 bads nights so far, at least 4am and work at 8.30. I took today as a "working from home" day so I can sleep in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Like my MIL who pops out for a cigarette and then takes mints. Yeah like now you don't reek of stale cigarette smoke due to magical mints. :rolleyes:

In fact, it makes it worse.

Sorry smokers, you reek and there is nothing that masks the smell. And kissing a smoker is just revolting. Thankfully something I have not had to do in many many years.

Like my MIL who pops out for a cigarette and then takes mints. Yeah like now you don't reek of stale cigarette smoke due to magical mints. :rolleyes:

Smokers often believe it tough and I'm not speaking about teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Back to work after 4 weeks in Australia and then another week at home. I really like my job, and I love Ireland, but by God I wish I was back in Perth now.

I had another back to school dream last night. I'm not sure where these are coming from.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

elfy4eva wrote: »
    When you are cutting your hot dog bun but accidentally slice it all the way through in two halves. ☹️

This happened me today with bread rolls ☹️☹️

My heart broke reading this , so sorry to hear it ☹️.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Once worked with someone who was big into slimming world and used to tell me how many syns were in my food! Wasn't asking but thanks!

Oh God slimming world. My mother is obsessed with it. She has been going for years, mostly gaining and losing the same 30lbs. I dont get it. Life is short. Its even shorter if you cut out fat because you've been brainwashed to think its "bad" and you fill yourself with fat free yoghurts full of aspartame and those silly bars they pawn off on everyone that are full of sweeteners and rubbish. Eat a full fat yoghurt. A normal slice of brown bread instead of that transparent guilt free pan. Have an avocado, it doesnt have 50 syns! My mother can tell me how many syns are in pretty much everything and every other week she is up a pound or down 2 or "up 4 but only really 1 because I lost 3 the week before" seasonally adjusted sh#te.

Sorry TA I had forgotten how much she annoys me going on about it! I'm actually just annoyed they upped the syns on wine to 40 from 15 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Live at Three

When this guy comes to my house:

"Will you have a cup of tea or coffee?"
    "Yeah I will thanks"
    "Which do you want?"
    "Whatever's handiest"
    "They're both equally handy."
    "Honest to God whichever you're making will do"
    "I don't know what I'm making because you won't tell me what you want"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭Be right back

Antares35 wrote: »
    Oh God slimming world. My mother is obsessed with it. She has been going for years, mostly gaining and losing the same 30lbs. I dont get it. Life is short. Its even shorter if you cut out fat because you've been brainwashed to think its "bad" and you fill yourself with fat free yoghurts full of aspartame and those silly bars they pawn off on everyone that are full of sweeteners and rubbish. Eat a full fat yoghurt. A normal slice of brown bread instead of that transparent guilt free pan. Have an avocado, it doesnt have 50 syns! My mother can tell me how many syns are in pretty much everything and every other week she is up a pound or down 2 or "up 4 but only really 1 because I lost 3 the week before" seasonally adjusted sh#te.

Sorry TA I had forgotten how much she annoys me going on about it! I'm actually just annoyed they upped the syns on wine to 40 from 15 ;)

I know. This former colleague is now a leader for slimming world!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Stupidity on tripadvisor. Now I use it a lot and have over 40 reviews

There are lots and lots of bad reviews of Notre Dame Paris as poor aggrieved tourists cannot visit the interior due to the fire

C’mon how is that deserving a bad review :confused:

• Advertisement

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Stupidity on tripadvisor. Now I use it a lot and have over 40 reviews

There are lots and lots of bad reviews of Notre Dame Paris as poor aggrieved tourists cannot visit the interior due to the fire

C’mon how is that deserving a bad review :confused:

Only reviews are generally rubbish.
    I've seen people five my local Tesco a review that is was to small and not as big as the one in a town with more than 10 times the population.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

When you crack an egg, drop in frying pan and the yolk breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

elfy4eva wrote: »
    When you are cutting your hot dog bun but accidentally slice it all the way through in two halves. ☹️

Soul-destroying. All the onions fall out, the mustard / ketchup drips and the frankfurter keeps slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had pasta for dinner at 6. When I got back from yoga at 9 I was starving again so I had a bowl of porridge. Bloody hungry again now right before bedtime :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Soul-destroying. All the onions fall out, the mustard / ketchup drips and the frankfurter keeps slipping.

If I have weird dreams tonight, I'll be very TA'd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Must.....resist....making dirty joke :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Alecto wrote: »
    Must.....resist....making dirty joke :D

I don't get it. :confused:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I was having my nice tea and toast before bed and OH came in and kissed me goodnight but he had put vicks cream on and now my whole supper smells of vicks:(

I cant be properly annoyed with him because he is the best but still. Also TA it's great and all that my parents love him but they keep saying how great he is and how I should "hold onto him" and "dont be too hard on him" etc as if he is the catch here and not me! Hello you're MY parents you're meant to be biased and all that. They're pretty much implying I'm lucky to have him and I shouldn't rock the boat :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

Antares35 wrote: »
    I was having my nice tea and toast before bed and OH came in and kissed me goodnight but he had put vicks cream on and now my whole supper smells of vicks:(

I cant be properly annoyed with him because he is the best but still. Also TA it's great and all that my parents love him but they keep saying how great he is and how I should "hold onto him" and "dont be too hard on him" etc as if he is the catch here and not me! Hello you're MY parents you're meant to be biased and all that. They're pretty much implying I'm lucky to have him and I shouldn't rock the boat :p

My mother used to say that my ex was the daughter she never had. Never mind me and my sister then :D Honestly my parents were more devastated than we were when we separated :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

making a big mistake and then worrying about it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement