Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,133 ✭✭✭✭unkel

jhegarty wrote: »

Did it not already say deposit paid when you posted this?

Deposit paid means the car is 99.9% sold

And the seller is losing the plot claiming "Full Autopilot inc lane change and self park (extra £5800 on a new car now!)". It's AP1 dude, not AP3 with FSD :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,094 ✭✭✭User1998

unkel wrote: »
    Did it not already say deposit paid when you posted this?

Deposit paid means the car is 99.9% sold

I read the add about an hour ago and it didn’t say it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

No link as it's only on facebook but I just saw electric autos list a black 171 Ioniq for 22500. Pretty good deal IMO. From an EV dealer vs the 20500 private sale white one.

EDIT: Donedeal link

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-ioniq-electric-28-kwh/23855911

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

ELM327 wrote: »
    http://www.merlin.ie/details?listingid=a49ba94e-3823-ea11-80e1-0026b9533b61

This is up tomorrow morning, would be interesting to see what the trade value is
    It's not a rex, wonder if it is CCS enabled?

Sold for €9,200

• Advertisement

Sold for €9,200

That's far better than I expected, probably very little appetite in the trade for EVs still. What's the cost of that car to the new owner (including all auction costs, VAT, etc.)?

A really low price early high miles i3 BEV (without fast charging), maybe even a bit rough, might suit me as a second car.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

That's far better than I expected, probably very little appetite in the trade for EVs still. What's the cost of that car to the new owner (including all auction costs, VAT, etc.)?

A really low price early high miles i3 BEV (without fast charging), maybe even a bit rough, might suit me as a second car.

€10 admin charge + 8% buyers fee (including VAT).

It was very high millage at 162,565 km, especially for a Bev version.

€10 admin charge + 8% buyers fee (including VAT).

It was very high millage at 162,565 km, especially for a Bev version.

So a touch under €10k

Mileage wouldn't bother me, provided suspension etc. is up to scratch. Would like a very long NCT for that.

Wow that's a bargain. I was off work and forgot to log in and listen. If you were in the building, did you see if it had CCS?
    Absolute bargain. Someone got a steal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

ELM327 wrote:
    speaking of bargains

Very low mileage too..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭baldshin

Contacted them on Donedeal a few days ago with some questions before I call and commit to viewing this, and the seller never replied!

baldshin wrote: »
    Contacted them on Donedeal a few days ago with some questions before I call and commit to viewing this, and the seller never replied!
    Donedeal message system? I never reply to people using that when I'm selling, 99.9% timewasters

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Best to call. Most people don’t reply to the DoneDeal message system.
    Also, may notifications to tell you that you have received a new message go into the spam folder so the seller may not even be aware of the message.

Donedeal message system? I never reply to people using that when I'm selling, 99.9% timewasters

If you put up an ad, you can disable DoneDeal messages. I suggest you do that the next time :)

Call it is then once I get confirmation of a settlement from the insurance!

Call it is then once I get confirmation of a settlement from the insurance!

Or you can see it as a sign from the Gods that they no longer want you in an Ioniq but reckon you deserve a Tesla this time :pac:

Or you can see it as a sign from the Gods that they no longer want you in an Ioniq but reckon you deserve a Tesla this time :pac:

Oh I 100% deserve a Tesla.....though my bank balance and future insurance premiums disagree!

future insurance premiums disagree!

A claim because of flooding is not your fault and it should not impact on your future premiums if you are with a half decent insurer. Just like a claim for theft or a broken windscreen is not your fault either, so should not affect your no claims bonus.

But if you're insured with cowboys like 123.ie or liberty, you're probably screwed...

A claim because of flooding is not your fault and it should not impact on your future premiums if you are with a half decent insurer. Just like a claim for theft or a broken windscreen is not your fault either, so should not affect your no claims bonus.

But if you're insured with cowboys like 123.ie or liberty, you're probably screwed...

Yup....I'm screwed!

• Advertisement

Don't tell me, 123.ie? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

crashed

crashed

Nudged something, surprised there was even a claim for that little damage.

Doesn't matter, you'll never get insurance, it is a cat N and this will be on the logbook.

Doesn't matter, you'll never get insurance, it is a cat N and this will be on the logbook.

Of course you'll get insurance. At worst you might need an engineers cert which I doubt for a cat N.
    I don't think it's on the logbook just on an insurance database.

Of course you'll get insurance. At worst you might need an engineers cert which I doubt for a cat N.
    I don't think it's on the logbook just on an insurance database.
    Q "Has it ever been stolen or written off"
    A "Yes"

Price "exponential increase"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

2015 L24 €9,700
    Whether this is a bargain or not will probably depend on how you view high mileage on EVs...

https://www.electricautos.ie/viewanad.php?ad_id=2463091

I'd be bringing leafspy, I'd guess that's at 85-87% SOH.
    Pretty good for the mileage but I think there would be better EVs out there for that money.

• Advertisement

Model S 85 for sale in the Tesla owners UK group on facebook for £27950. Includes a chademo adapter.
    Pretty good deal, car looks great (except probably no AP)

Advertisement