Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,741 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

That's been for sale a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭BigAl81

ELM327 wrote: »
    That's been for sale a while.

Hum, wonder why!?

Might be open to a low ball offer so

Ah jasus, never mind,

It's priced in Euro in the add, but at the end of the add it has "VRT TBA"

6 letters you don't want to see at the end of a car add :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65,153 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

BigAl81 wrote: »
    (Maybe we need a second hand Tesla "bargain" thread?).

This thread has averaged just 2 posts a day. We'd hardly need to split it up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,741 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

VRt would be very low for that.
    My 2016 S90D facelift was below 3k. If 3k is the barrier between you getting a Tesla or not then you shouldnt get one!

• Advertisement

If 3k is the barrier between you getting a Tesla or not then you shouldnt get one!

3k was exactly the barrier between me getting a Tesla or not about a year ago :)

€40k isn't great value for that Tesla imho, even if it included the VRT...

If 3k is the barrier between you getting a Tesla or not then you shouldnt get one!

Quit ruining my pipe dream :pac:
    unkel wrote: »

Hum, a 2016 with AutoPilot and 6 month dealer warranty.

The cheapest UK ones with AutoPilot are 2015 for 33.2 sterling which is 39k euro with no warranty.

Both would need VRT tho.

The one I linked is the cheapest 2016 AutoPilot one in the "british isles" as far as I can see by some margin.

BigAl81 wrote: »
    The one I linked is the cheapest 2016 AutoPilot one in the "british isles" as far as I can see by some margin.

Which imho does not by definition make it a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

3k was exactly the barrier between me getting a Tesla or not about a year ago :)

I'd love a model S as my next car, I certainly couldn't justify sinking 40k into a car, I usually spent at most 6k on whatever 150bhp+ diesel I can, however I do spent 2500e/year on fuel costs, so suddenly the likes of 25k on an EV doesn't sound the worst if I have that 25k saved in 10yrs on fuel costs. Assuming I could get a model S in a year or so for that sort of money would I be asking for trouble or not? I've zero interest in the likes of a leaf etc, even the model 3 doesn't really do it for me ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Vague details, high mileage, and there'll be a bit of vrt.

But a 2015 REx for €14k?

Clicky Clicky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭McGiver

Soarer wrote:
    But a 2015 REx for €14k?
    60Ah REx?

Wouldn't call that a bargain. Far from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Soarer wrote: »
    Vague details, high mileage, and there'll be a bit of vrt.

But a 2015 REx for €14k?

Clicky Clicky

I would be worried about those pictures. They are taken from a different site (look at the double set of icons).

Pity it's a gas guzzler with a moped engine :p

It looks fierce rough. Would it even make EUR9k? A car like that would suit me though, if it were BEV only and if it were extremely cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭User1998

The last one that was posted in here and was on Donedeal for €4k more is sold already. I think I’m heading to the auction today so I’l let you’s know how much it sells for if I go

• Registered Users Posts: 8,440 ✭✭✭Markcheese

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-2011/22670651

Mileage is high , that mightnt be an issue if the battery is okay , could be a handy runabout for small entry price ..

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

User1998 wrote: »
    The last one that was posted in here and was on Donedeal for €4k more is sold already. I think I’m heading to the auction today so I’l let you’s know how much it sells for if I go

4k before auction fees etc.

That latest one is in shocking condition!

Markcheese wrote: »
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/nissan-leaf-2011/22670651

Mileage is high , that mightnt be an issue if the battery is okay , could be a handy runabout for small entry price ..

That's been for sale at that price for weeks. Was it not mentioned in this thread before?

The €3.5k i-Miev sold a few days ago. Someone got a bargain there, probably paid under €3k for it. These fetch strong money in the UK (as all budget EVs do over there)

• Advertisement

User1998 wrote: »

Did you go? If so how much did it go for, about €8k?

Outlander PHEV - not an awful lot over €9k landed on Irish plates

81ab76f9c384498fb09c5c83b6086d55.jpg

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Outlander PHEV - not an awful lot over €9k landed on Irish plates

Nearly 300,000km on it in just 6 years :eek:.
    2 litre petrol remember, trade sale only I'd reckon.

It's a private sale. MOT history looks good too. Japanese petrol engine should be very reliable, and it's a one owner car with full main dealer service history. Get some money off and you'll have one of the cheapest PHEV money can buy. And one with a decent electric range too. And get your €600 charge point subsidy.

If I were in the market for a cheap PHEV, I would. A GBP7k Outlander or a GBP6k Ampera. Also with a decent electric range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Typically what would the electric only range be on something like that, its meant to be about 50km from new isn't it. Does they lose much over time?
    I had been considering a leaf but do like the idea of the extra space this gives and not having to worry about range anxiety. I've 40km round trip commute so if it covered that it would be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

Doubt it'd do the 40km.
    Probably 30 at a stretch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

SVE Leaf 40Kwh for €23K

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/nissan/leaf/fpa/201912145343033

am tempted but would have to shift my L24 and something about those red stickers makes me think there's something not mentioned in the add. I think it was up for €27.5K not so long ago https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/nissan/leaf/fpa/201910093107534

• Registered Users Posts: 28,133 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'd say her dad put them on after she crashed it, could be already repaired, a cat d, in need of some paint or else he just said feck this and got the mini she wanted in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Telsa UK site has it's Model S stock back.

I am going to start with an AP1 S70 for £33k.

Low millage and 4 year warranty.

https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/used/5YJSB7E19FF108155?redirect=no

• Advertisement

Very nice but not particularly cheap if you put ELM327's car as a benchmark: facelift 2016 90D for GBP39k (granted, with only a little bit of Tesla warranty left, but might be enough to replace the MCU)

Advertisement