Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoMo to end €9.99 per month for life offer [Now €12.99]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Trust pilot is nonsense really, how many people think about leaving a good review ? Most people are getting what is advertised and are happy.
    Oh I know. If people are happy, you won't hear about it. For €10 a month, for life - GoMo could f*** me around for at least 3 years before I would even start to consider whether signing up for it was a good idea or not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

MMXX wrote: »
    Oh I know. If people are happy, you won't hear about it. For €10 a month, for life - GoMo could f*** me around for at least 3 years before I would even start to consider whether signing up for it was a good idea or not!

True, it also depends on how you use your phone. Some people are reliant on calls and data for work, these people should be paying for a more expensive/reliable service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

bfa1509 wrote: »

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Anyone knows how I can check my current month data usage on GoMo card?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

sugarman wrote: »
    Exactly. Im with 3 well over a decade because of their "All you can eat data" and prior to roaming charges being dropped, their "3 like home" service where I could use my bundle inc data as normal abroad in most EU countries.

But their speeds were slow, coverage was mediocre in my area and the customer service was non existent but the positives outweighed the negatives for me for €20. I was paying €35 P/M before that for a brilliant service, fast data etc.. but with very limited minutes, texts and data. something like 1 or 2GB :eek:

So for €10 I can live with GoMo, even if it is a mediocre service its worth the 50% saving.

Same story as me, the 35 bundle was so limited for calls and texts it was essentially worthless, bills were always 50 or more so I upgraded to the 45 per month offer and it was still piss poor. I'm with gomo about 10 weeks now and not a single problem, excellent speeds, excellent coverage. Tennar a month, its just ridiculous value.

People think they're getting a premium product paying 55 or 65 a month to the likes of Vodafone, they're not.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

On the purchase page when it asks what date do you want to move your existing number, sure if i don't know when GoMo will send me their sim in the first place what date are you supposed to put in there? I'm currently on a PAYG plan with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

On the purchase page when it asks what date do you want to move your existing number, sure if i don't know when GoMo will send me their sim in the first place what date are you supposed to put in there? I'm currently on a PAYG plan with 3.

Leave it blank and wait until you receive the SIM and try it out before porting. Porting can be done at any time in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Joziburg

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Leave it blank and wait until you receive the SIM and try it out before porting. Porting can be done at any time in the future.

Yeah true prob a better idea in any case :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

kisugem wrote: »

There should be a seting on your phone that allows you to see how much data you use be it Gomo of Wifi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Glebee wrote: »
    There should be a seting on your phone that allows you to see how much data you use be it Gomo of Wifi.

I’m using GoMo in a router and connect multiple devices, so can’t track for each device, hence asking here.
    By the way, internet performance and connection quality is way better than my late Vodafone broadband and saves me 35 euro a month too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I’m using GoMo in a router and connect multiple devices, so can’t track for each device, hence asking here.
    By the way, internet performance and connection quality is way better than my late Vodafone broadband and saves me 35 euro a month too.

The short answer is GoMo don't let you track your usage they text at 80% used and 100% used and that's it I believe. Your router/device might have some tracking on the admin page otherwise you are out of luck. On the plus side there are no extra charges, it will just get slower for the remainder of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Switched over in October - 2 sims in our house. Absolutely seemless and a great deal. No network issues and €9.99 all in is an amazing bargain!

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Nice big eyes

Noticed that myself. :D

Still a random picture to just post in the thread nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I applied for a SIM on 23rd December but still no sign, didn't think it'd be this slow. Think there have been at 6 working days since. Hope it arrives tomorrow.
    Thanks all, arrived this morning, 12 year old rearing to have first phone up and running so porting not an issue at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭Glebee

Noticed that myself. :D

Still a random picture to just post in the thread nonetheless.

Its from a Gomo email saying that your next bill is due. See how happy she looks to be with Gomo.lol

You can't yet.

Set a data usage counter in your phone settings to start first of each month.

certainly an economical option if 80gb is enough to see you through a month.

there is supposed to be a facility coming I believe to show your data usage (on this thread somewhere) but who knows how long that may take.

that would probably be available through the browser login

although if you are using a router that accepts a sim card there is often a facility to check usage through that.

you would have to login to to the router to set this up - http://192.168.1.1 usually and then enter your username and password. have a look at the manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

glasso wrote: »
    certainly an economical option if 80gb is enough to see you through a month.

there is supposed to be a facility coming I believe to show your data usage (on this thread somewhere) but who knows how long that may take.

that would probably be available through the browser login

although if you are using a router that accepts a sim card there is often a facility to check usage through that.

you would have to login to to the router to set this up - http://192.168.1.1 usually and then enter your username and password. have a look at the manual.

I am able to do exactly that with the GoMo SIM I have in my router, can keep an eye on it easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,462 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I see they've now allowed an account holder to bar specific mobile services (Maybe it's been there a while but only spotted it today)
    Login to GoMo, Account Details - Bar Mobile Services.
    Full Network Bar, Bar of Premium SMS's, Bar of Roaming, Allow Premium Calls, Allow International calls are the current options available.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

kippy wrote: »
    I see they've now allowed an account holder to bar specific mobile services (Maybe it's been there a while but only spotted it today)
    Login to GoMo, Account Details - Bar Mobile Services.
    Full Network Bar, Bar of Premium SMS's, Bar of Roaming, Allow Premium Calls, Allow International calls are the current options available.

They've been there a few weeks now, but greyed out so you can't actually select any of the options just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭opus

madmoe wrote: »
    I am able to do exactly that with the GoMo SIM I have in my router, can keep an eye on it easily.

That's exactly what I'm doing as well, my VM sub is cancelling on Jan 12th so looking forward to saving ~€50 per month. Luckily I don't stream stuff so the 80Gb limit is fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ten Pin wrote: »

Gomo will start billing you once you order the Sim though ,which seems unfair.
    Billing should start from when the port goes through.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,813 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Zardoz wrote: »

you can still use the SIM before the port occurs.

At the end of the day, it's the cheapest offer on the market, complaining that it's "unfair" is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Zardoz wrote: »

Its a fee for the SIM so effectively they're not charging for usage in the 1st month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MMXX

The only thing that's unfair about this offer, is that we only get one life to use it - and that's not GoMo's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

my wife got her sim yesterday...ordered i think last thursday, so it was quick.
    put it in her phone...logged on to gomo site at 12.42...set to transfer number at 12.45....checked it all around 12.50 and number had ported and all fine with good coverage.

now ...question....she is going up the north today...stribane, so just over border....but does she have to choose a specific network up there for roaming ?....afraid she'll be hit with charges, especially data if on wrong network.

thanks in advance for any replies

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Vwsham

dougm1970 wrote: »
    put it in her phone...logged on to gomo site at 12.42...set to transfer number at 12.45....checked it all around 12.50 and number had ported and all fine with good coverage.

now ...question....she is going up the north today...stribane, so just over border....but does she have to choose a specific network up there for roaming ?....afraid she'll be hit with charges, especially data if on wrong network.

As long as her phone is set to roam there should be no issue, it should automatically switch to EE.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

dougm1970 wrote: »

Nope, it happens automagically. EU roaming directive applies until at least December 31st and GoMo has committed to keeping UK roaming free after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Hi Guys,

For Gomo mobile internet, are you using LTE or 3G?

Regards

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement