Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gang attack Garda in Drogheda

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

People trying to excuse the unjustifiable.
    Whether there was a knife or not doesn’t matter.
    Peoples travel and peace of mind was disrupted and they were put in fear.
    What if some old man or woman had a heart attack when they charged down the train? Would it be any consolation to their relatives that there was no actual knife?
    For God’s sake get real.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,666 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

People trying to excuse the unjustifiable.
    Whether there was a knife or not doesn’t matter.
    Peoples travel and peace of mind was disrupted and they were put in fear.
    What if some old man or woman had a heart attack when they charged down the train? Would it be any consolation to their relatives that there was no actual knife?
    For God’s sake get real.

Who is trying to excuse it?

Sweet Jesus. We have moved from little toerags acting the bollíx to OAP murderers.

That's enough internet for me today. We have hit peak Lovejoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Boggles wrote: »
    Who is trying to excuse it?

Sweet Jesus. We have moved from little toerags acting the bollíx to OAP murderers.

That's enough internet for me today. We have hit peak Lovejoy.

Little toe rags acting the bollix need to be called out and also dealt with by the law. Seriously dealt with. People are suffering at their hands.
    People playing it down are part of the problem imo.

Little toe rags acting the bollix need to be called out and also dealt with by the law. Seriously dealt with. People are suffering at their hands.
    People playing it down are part of the problem imo.

Again lad, who is playing it down?

Anti social behavior needs to be tackled, but it rises when police numbers are gutted.

It's not a secret formula.

But the point remains, the video was only posted on inceltube and subsequently on here for one reason and one reason only and it's fúck all to do with anti social behavior or possible solutions.

It's not very hard to see through it.

Like I said absolute scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Some of the posters who think they are “witty” on this thread need to put down the keyboard and actually listen and learn for once in their lives and stop the silly rubbishy attempts at distraction and deflection.

• Advertisement

Some of the posters who think they are “teachers” on this thread need to put down the keyboard and actually listen and learn for once in their lives and stop the silly rubbishy attempts at distraction and deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

Yeah lads, forget about the young lads messing around threatening people with knifes, and worry about the absolute scum typing words on a screen.

LOL

Why not worry about both?

Boggles wrote: »
    You have to? Really?

Or do you just assume it's some young díckheads acting the hard men.

Again it's hardly a new phenomenon.

It's anti social behavior, why certain individuals have gone all Helen Lovejoy on it is not that much a mystery TBF.

The absolute scum who commented on video would be a starting clue.

If someone threatens to harm you with a weapon you'd be a fool to assume they didn't have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭TwoMonthsOff

Why not worry about both?

Words on a screen dont worry me.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,598 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Those of you choosing to have digs at each other, cut it out and get back on topic. There may be cards and/or bans dished out later on when I've had a chance to properly review posts made since this thread was resurrected

I don’t know if anyone heard joe Duffy today but it was about an absolutely horrific acid attack in cork

Multiculturalism how are ya.

Awful awful stuff.

Needs to be dealt with severely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭enricoh

I flew into Paris 10 or more years ago n was getting the train from the airport to the centre of Paris.
    As we approached a station everyone put away their phones n laptops and any conversations wrapped up. Happy days says I , it must be central station, quicker than I expected.

It wasn't central station but some immigrant suburb, a heap of North Africans got on, smoking weed, eyeballing everyone on the train. Proper scum. All the locals stared at the ground.
    I said to myself at least we've none of that crap in Ireland.
    One of the girls I know was bemoaning have to pay e100 for a taxi home from Dublin on Friday night for the Christmas party. I asked her what time is the last train . She replied she wasn't running the gauntlet of these scum on the train.

It took us a while but we're getting there, God bless the enrichment!

They have terrible trouble in London because the Community policing section was decimated by cuts. Police officers had warned the government there would be major trouble if they took them out of vulnerable communities. We do have serious youth gang issues in some areas of Dublin too. Not sure why people think we don't.

This. And it will get worse. The restructuring currently going on will see less police in the community.
    If you could believe that's possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

London's transport is in the doldrums of this year, up 80% just for pickpockets in 3yrs, and in some cases TfL/BTP report of doubling of offences in 1yr across their entire transport network.
    Seems to be ever since Merkel's 2015 event, worst it's been in decades.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48747397

enricoh wrote: »
    I flew into Paris 10 or more years ago n was getting the train from the airport to the centre of Paris.
    As we approached a station everyone put away their phones n laptops and any conversations wrapped up. Happy days says I , it must be central station, quicker than I expected.

It wasn't central station but some immigrant suburb, a heap of North Africans got on, smoking weed, eyeballing everyone on the train. Proper scum. All the locals stared at the ground.
    I said to myself at least we've none of that crap in Ireland.
    One of the girls I know was bemoaning have to pay e100 for a taxi home from Dublin on Friday night for the Christmas party. I asked her what time is the last train . She replied she wasn't running the gauntlet of these scum on the train.

It took us a while but we're getting there, God bless the enrichment!

St Denis most likely, was there in 2016. A complete and utter shìthole.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

if only you had an amendment that allowed you to protect yourselves

like this guy... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_New_York_City_Subway_shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

I don’t know if anyone heard joe Duffy today but it was about an absolutely horrific acid attack in cork

Awful awful stuff.

This story?

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/acid-attacks-waterford-liveline-rte-21084066

Shocking that there won't be prosecutions

Awful awful stuff.

Which culture are you referring to that uses acid attacks? The last one in Ireland was committed by drug dealers against a Garda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Take me baack to the paradise city... I remember my time in the square as a teenage mall rat. Used to look forward to meeting up with a blue eyed; blonde country belle who’d be driven down on a friday afternoon but in the 21st century it’s a different concept:

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Take me baack to the paradise city... I remember my time in the square as a teenage mall rat. Used to look forward to meeting up with a blue eyed; blonde country belle who’d be driven down on a friday afternoon but in the 21st century it’s a different concept:

Is this for real? A few young lads having a fight in Tallaght. Is this seriously what people like you are relying on to show the dangers of multiculturalism? And you are seriously suggesting you wouldn't have seen something like this before? In the Square?

Never saw it, no. And I certainly didn’t see an attempted running over with a motor vehicle like we saw at the entrance to Citywest shopping centre a few weeks back

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Is this for real? A few young lads having a fight in Tallaght. Is this seriously what people like you are relying on to show the dangers of multiculturalism? And you are seriously suggesting you wouldn't have seen something like this before? In the Square?

been in tallaght shopping center lots of times ever saw gangs of white kids trying to stab each other without fear of consequence or regard for security ,

sort of like the incident in city west isnt it ?

i wonder if boggles saw the knife this time ?

Hard not to. It’s a big ‘un..

Bobblehats wrote: »

That video is sickening stuff. Awful

Awful awful stuff.

They should face mandatory 25 year sentence for acid attacks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

That video is sickening stuff. Awful

What you have there is a 13/90 in progress

Get used to it, that's the future of multicultural Ireland

Going to save some $$$ next year and just holiday in Detroit

mynamejeff wrote: »
    been in tallaght shopping center lots of times ever saw gangs of white kids trying to stab each other without fear of consequence or regard for security ,

sort of like the incident in city west isnt it ?

In that it's only mentioned because some of the people involved are black? Yes. That's what makes these threads echo chambers. only interested in one type of criminal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

In that it's only mentioned because some of the people involved are black? Yes. That's what makes these threads echo chambers. only interested in one type of criminal.
    Are some people only interesting in echo chambers of dismissing clear trends and social patterns. Why not instead try to recognise any issues with a view to re-education and prevention.

e.g. London 2019 the ONS show a near record level of just under 15,000 (knife) offences in a year - were overwhelmingly 'young males' (most 10-19) involved in gangs.

73% of knife offenders and 53% cent of victims - were from a black or ethnic minority background (both above representation).

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/half-of-london-knife-crime-carried-out-by-teenagers-and-children-as-young-as-ten-police-figures-a4056596.html

Are some people only interesting in echo chambers of dismissing clear trends and social patterns. Why not instead try to recognise any issues with a view to re-education and prevention.

e.g. London 2019 the ONS show a near record level of just under 15,000 (knife) offences in a year - were overwhelmingly 'young males' (most 10-19) involved in gangs.

73% of knife offenders and 53% cent of victims - were from a black or ethnic minority background (both above representation).

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/half-of-london-knife-crime-carried-out-by-teenagers-and-children-as-young-as-ten-police-figures-a4056596.html

Ah sure... that'll never happen here. We get all the good Afrians, or something.

That's a perfectly good goal. But the problem is that people are attaching their own racist interpretations of the statistics. Violent crime is more likely to happen in poor areas. People of colour and immigrants are more likely to live in poverty. Therefore people of colour and immigrants are more likely to be involved in violent crime. But the answer is not to reduce the number of black people and immigrants, the answer is to reduce the level of poverty and raise the standards of living of those at the bottom. Or maybe have a society where your cultural background doesn't make you more likely to be poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,701 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

That's a perfectly good goal. But the problem is that people are attaching their own racist interpretations of the statistics. Violent crime is more likely to happen in poor areas. People of colour and immigrants are more likely to live in poverty. Therefore people of colour and immigrants are more likely to be involved in violent crime. But the answer is not to reduce the number of black people and immigrants, the answer is to reduce the level of poverty and raise the standards of living of those at the bottom. Or maybe have a society where your cultural background doesn't make you more likely to be poor.
    Where does the money come from to do all this?
    A lot of those who support this sort of stuff cone from wealthy backgrounds and have never experienced having to struggle to keep the bills paid like a lot of honest hardworking folk in this country.
    A lot of people mistake those who are irate at the amount of money being spent on these people as racism when its financially motivated as they are struggling to survive while these people get in to our country and get given lots of stuff, don't work and are as financially well off as a lot of hardworking people.

Advertisement