Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford travellers in major row on towns main Street.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Wait till Christmas week and the towns are taken over by flashy motors

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭KWAG2019

A personal rant: why are these incidents always called “unsavory”? Is there a menu or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Wait till Christmas week and the towns are taken over by flashy motors

I might check out Rathkeale this year since I'm not too far away. I hear it's a real spectacle.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭Stevieluvsye

You know it's bad when young traveller girl with kid is seen running away from it

Jokers they are. But the SJW will be along soon to say they are mis-understood etc etc

tuxy wrote: »
    I might check out Rathkeale this year since I'm not too far away. I hear it's a real spectacle.

Best of luck, hope to see you make it back out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Best of luck, hope to see you make it back out.

Once the armed unit of the Garda do their job again this year it should be ok.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    They are the richest people in Longford graveyard.

Well they must be with monstrous monuments in sites closest to the road there south of the town. They cannot cry poverty considering these may cost the price of a small new car

Is a golden age for stonemasons in Longford

100s of thousands spent on graves....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

ELM327 wrote: »
    Considering I am not engaging in en masse violence and claiming "iss mah culshur boss", no I'm fine thanks

Ah go on. You’d love it.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

100s of thousands spent on graves....

Any going cheap?

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

YYeeeesss, I love being enriched by this culture ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,497 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

“Shorts and hoodies”.
    Sums them up.
    Culture boss.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭pgj2015

tuxy wrote: »
    What's the deal with Longford and Drogheda? I just constantly hear about this kind of thing happening in those two towns in particular.
    Both of them have issues with travellers but also other members of society.
    Are those towns really that bad? I've not been to ether in many years.

Not sure about Drogheda but Longford Town is and always was a total kip, mostly because of the people who live there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,939 ✭✭✭threeball

Terrible shame we can't stick them all in some sort of thunderdome and let them at it. You could sell tickets, a way for them to pay back the money that's been wasted on them over the generations. Last man standing gets a foreva home for himself and his 25 kids complete with stables.

They'd be back up to full population within the breeding lives of the children

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

pgj2015 wrote: »
    Not sure about Drogheda but Longford Town is and always was a total kip, mostly because of the people who live there.

There are a few bad elements in it for sure, but mostly there are a lot of decent hard working people in it.
    It's just got to the stage though with drugs and night fights and traveller feuds that the decent element rarely go out in the town.
    There does seem to be a serious lack of visible policing on the streets, maybe that's just me, but it's not common to see gardai on foot patrol around the town. Maybe that's due to numbers and I know they can't be everywhere.
    But lately there have been stabbings and a lot of street violence in the town

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Nothing wrong with a bit of home grown culture. If any innocent bystander had got hurt well it would have been very racist of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

In an ideal world, the state would implement some integration program for travellers and start it from a very early age. They could give them monetary incentives to stay in school, to become members of the workforce and not be a general burden.

However, the ridiculous decision to give them "Ethnic" status means they and their "culture" are pretty much untouchable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

I just realised that this is a traveller bashing thread... about travellers bashing each other!! :pac::pac:

Woo Hooo !!! boom! boom!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭baldbear

pgj2015 wrote: »

Completely disagree. Longford town has great people. The law have allowed travellers to run riot in the town. Give them Mickey mouse sentences & they keep fighting. The traveller culture is the problem in Longford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The scourge of society

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

• Advertisement

baldbear wrote: »
    Completely disagree. Longford town has great people. The law have allowed travellers to run riot in the town. Give them Mickey mouse sentences & they keep fighting. The traveller culture is the problem in Longford.

That's the judicial system you mean.... Gardai have had enough just like many decent working people as I've had enough of them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

The reason why Pavees have graves like they are on Las Vegas Sunset Strip is really interesting.

I would like to understand this cultural and psychological phenomenon more tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MrAbyss

I honestly have no issue with them fighting one another once innocent bystanders and property is left undamaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

https://www.thejournal.ie/court-appearance-longford-4937018-Dec2019/

Is there any end to travellers and their feuds , easy known none of them are expected to or bother working .
    Longford seems to have a huge amount of these incidents , not very fair on law abiding people of Longford but like many other parts of the country non travellers have no rights .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Hate speech consultation has involved advocacy from certain groups that particular minorities need extra protection. One of these groups is of course the travelling community as apparently highlighting facts such as over-representation in crime stats, animal abuse and child neglect amounts to some type of perpetual mistreatment by society.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

These feuds suggest that nobody hates the Irish travellers quite like themselves at times.

The oppressed minority narrative seeking to progress in life but being held back by bigotry is merely mocked by these news stories.

They need to get their house in order. Pavee Point is a potential vehicle for that if they were interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

OP, why are you surprised? That's typical behaviour for travellers. Most of them are inbred low intelligence scumbags and we just have to accept that because...you know, ethnic minority blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 15,763 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

MrAbyss wrote: »
    The reason why Pavees have graves like they are on Las Vegas Sunset Strip is really interesting.

I would like to understand this cultural and psychological phenomenon more tbh.

It's a display of wealth, like the over the top weddings.
    It doesn't have to look any way tasteful, just expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

I like the way that the Longford Leader reported that these people are travellers in the way that much of the hypocritical Dublin media won't.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement