Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is the Best Burger in Dublin?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

humberklog wrote: »
    Gotta say a large fries puts me off the meal. A small handful as a dressing on the side is plenty for me.

A small handful of fries and I would never be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I had an amazing burger in jam factory bbq in swords...had two actually

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭trellheim

humberklog wrote: »
    Gotta say a large fries puts me off the meal. A small handful as a dressing on the side is plenty for me.

And that is perfectly fine if thats your thing. What I was pointing out that 5Guys , thats their speciality, and they dont seem to do it in the Irish ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

Is bray too far?

Had a Mac n cheese burger in box burger bray Saturday.
    Great crispy bit of char on the burger but still juicy. Not a greasy mess either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

eldamo wrote: »
    Is bray too far?

Had a Mac n cheese burger in box burger bray Saturday.
    Great crispy bit of char on the burger but still juicy. Not a greasy mess either.

Not too far just not in dublin :)

• Advertisement

Not too far just not in dublin :)
    true that, i'm from meath, it's all the big smoke to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Went to Bareburger in NYC last week and now I will never enjoy another Dublin burger again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Went to Bareburger in NYC last week and now I will never enjoy another Dublin burger again

Hard luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not Dublin but Burger Bear in London is excellent.

Still haven't been to Bunsen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Surprised to see Bunsen in Barca when I was there. Almost went in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

RasTa wrote: »
    Surprised to see Bunsen in Barca when I was there. Almost went in

One of their managers went home and set it up I heard. Surprised they havent opened in Galway or Limerick yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

what would people recommend as cuts of beef to use to make a homemade burg?

edit: with a nice fat ratio of something like 20/80

• Registered Users Posts: 12,562 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

edit: with a nice fat ratio of something like 20/80

Thread this way!

Short ribs and brisket basically. Oyster sauce instead of salt, won't draw out any moisture.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110888731&postcount=5

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

another thread here
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057730922

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Probably technically not a "traditional" burger but the Juju Burger in Izakaya gets my vote, it's amazing. Very thin slivers of beef in an Asian sauce. Next time I got i'll be ordering two. Also their cocktails are great.

Thats great news, Bujo do great burgers but Sandymount is just a bit out of the way in for a lot of people. Is there any indication of when the Central Bank might re-open?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

First tenant openings expected in early 2020 going by an Irish Times article from May (below), I'd be shocked if that's the case now, doesn't look anyway ready.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/commercial-property/rooftop-restaurant-operator-announced-for-central-bank-s-former-hq-1.3877322

Yeah I would have thought there is a good few months of construction left there yet. It will be some venue on the top floors when it is finished. We really are in a golden age for the varety of eating out and drinking in Dublin at the moment, there has never been more choice and it feels like new venues are still opening up all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Culchie_85

Probably technically not a "traditional" burger but the Juju Burger in Izakaya gets my vote, it's amazing. Very thin slivers of beef in an Asian sauce. Next time I got i'll be ordering two. Also their cocktails are great.

I had this on Saturday night. One of the nicest burgers I've ever had. That place is pricey but the food is top quality. We got 2 for 1 drink vouchers for the bar downstairs too. Great spot.

My "regular" burger vote would go to Bunsen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭franglan

Back in Bunsen Thursday night off Grafton. Double cheese burger, if you haven't had it in a while. It's very very special.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 143 ✭✭Ready4Boarding

Devastated (well, relatively speaking) to see that Bread and Bones in the Italian Quarter has closed. Their chorizo-infused Pandero burger was one of my all-time favourites. A sad day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,240 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Devastated (well, relatively speaking) to see that Bread and Bones in the Italian Quarter has closed. Their chorizo-infused Pandero burger was one of my all-time favourites. A sad day.
    Never had a burger in it before but enjoyed couple of times I went :(

Mr.S wrote: »
    The bao buns they had where nice, but jesus it was pricey for what it was!

Really? I never thought so. Thirteen or so euro for an excellent burger with chips seems pretty standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Ive eaten in it a few times and it was nice, their kimchi fries were savage.

But it was never busy. That place should be a goldmine, looking at all the other restaurants in that strip, it was always the quietest.

retalivity wrote: »
    Ive eaten in it a few times and it was nice, their kimchi fries were savage.

But it was never busy. That place should be a goldmine, looking at all the other restaurants in that strip, it was always the quietest.

I'm a student and have usually found myself their at off-peak times. But, yeah, you're right - they did seem to attract much fewer people than places nearby, like Mad Egg.

It's a shame. They posted a silhouette to Instagram of their head chef, who they said had been there since the beginning hammering tables together. And thanked their family for being with them through the ups and downs. Very sad when a project like that fails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Mr.S wrote: »
    The bao buns they had where nice, but jesus it was pricey for what it was!

Bao buns seem to be very expensive around dublin for what I find. Seems to be premium sandwich prices for what is in effect a small dish.

I make them at home and are far far cheaper. Wish I didn't have to however.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I make them at home and are far far cheaper. Wish I didn't have to however.

You can sometimes get them on special offer in M&S, if there's any Asian food promotions on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭trellheim

I'm a student and have usually found myself their at off-peak times. But, yeah, you're right - they did seem to attract much fewer people than places nearby, like Mad Egg.

They never once promoted themselves properly. The one time they did a pop up for In-and-Out it was jammed around the corner they also suffered from not knowing what they were

Mad Egg= Chicken burger, Koh=Thai, boojum=burritos, bread and bones ? no idea and this is from someone who walked past it daily for years

trellheim wrote: »
    They never once promoted themselves properly. The one time they did a pop up for In-and-Out it was jammed around the corner they also suffered from not knowing what they were

Mad Egg= Chicken burger, Koh=Thai, boojum=burritos, bread and bones ? no idea and this is from someone who walked past it daily for years

Maybe. But, tbh, I can’t ever remember seeing the places I go to promoting themselves. It’s pretty obvious it’s a burger/wings/bbq type place.

• Advertisement

I fear bones!

was in wow burger the other day.

Lovely understated offering.

Advertisement