Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I forgot to put out the bins before I left the house this morning. No panic, I thought, sure the bin lorry never comes till about 1pm. I got home at 11.30 and could see the neighbours black bin had been collected. The brown bin stayed out all day and clearly missed that collection too as it was still half full this evening. Fuppin typical, the one week I forget and 2 weeks till they are emptied again :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

EmptyTree wrote: »
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Daft.ie and argos mobile websites - just what is the point? They have half the functionality and are absolutely infuriating to use.

Reserved Santa stuff in Argos recently mobile site was a pain to use. Pity because being able to reserve stuff, check if it’s in stock is a brilliant Argos feature and a reason I use it. Took me ages to get the stuff ordered very cumbersome I nearly gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

I listen to a gaming podcast,its entertaining ,the host claims to be a games
    journalist .He works in a office for some big company in the tech sector.
    Reading out news storys from a few gaming websites and talking about games
    you played does not suddenly make you a journalist .
    No more than singing a few songs in karoke at the local pub makes you a professional singer .

Most charity shops have a pack of ten xmas cards you can buy for a few euro.
    Theres 1000,s of podcasters out there, most of them make no money,
    and theres no ads on them.
    They are made by people who like to talk and are interested in some random
    subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

There’s a job that I really want to apply for, it would be ideal for me and I’d love it. I think I meet all the criteria, but there’s one catch, one of the criteria is a full driving license for at least 2 years. I have mine a year and a half :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People who dont read the ful thread.And come on with their words of wisdom.300 pages in and think they are so original.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    There’s a job that I really want to apply for, it would be ideal for me and I’d love it. I think I meet all the criteria, but there’s one catch, one of the criteria is a full driving license for at least 2 years. I have mine a year and a half :(:(:(

Is it something that comes up often?

If it isn't I'd chance it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Is it something that comes up often?

If it isn't I'd chance it.

Not that I’m aware of. And it’s one of those jobs that could be a good stepping stone into the industry I want. I’m thinking about applying anyway, the worst they can say is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,322 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

when somebody Whatapps you about 100 photos of there holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Not that I’m aware of. And it’s one of those jobs that could be a good stepping stone into the industry I want. I’m thinking about applying anyway, the worst they can say is no.

Someone I know who has done many hirings said to me once that men typically look at a job spec and if they meet about 80% of the requirements they’ll apply, whereas women will see one requirement they don’t have and think that rules them out.

If you’re a good fit for the job minor details like that will be overlooked by the employer. It sounds like they’re not cutting out younger applicants by saying for example 5/6 years, but also don’t want people on a provisional either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Definitely apply. My job requires 'full clean driving licence'. I have 3 points and it didn't make any difference.

In case anyone is wondering, my 'crime' was doing 57km in a 50km zone :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Absolutely apply. You come across as very loyal, hardworking and competent and would be an asset to any company. A few months short shouldn’t be a problem especially when you have no points. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,169 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

eBay.

I have many moans about the site, but my recent one is sellers telling you when something is posted when it can't be.

Often I would get a message at 10pm or 11pm on a Saturday or Sunday night to say something I have bought has just been posted. Obviously a lie.

Latest one, I bought an item of clothing on the site. I got email to say its been posted. Next day get another email to say they have had to refund me as they have none in stock.

So they posted it even though they had none.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Websites with “check stock in store” functions that TELL LIES.

Bought a dress in Warehouse that looked good online. I have a graduation to attend on Wednesday so it’s touch and go if the bloody thing will be delivered on time. The website said the store had none so I ordered Wednesday night. I go into the store yesterday and there it is,

I try it on to see if I made a mistake in not ordering two sizes. Basically it fits if I don’t undo the zip and just shimmy it on over my chesticles.
    Disaster. Also, it’s nice, but not as nice as it looked online

The cringey, sappy perfume ads on TV that we are bombarded with at this time of year. Vomit inducing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,105 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The cringey, sappy perfume ads on TV that we are bombarded with at this time of year. Vomit inducing :(

That one with Kiera Knightly in Paris does my head in . She looks so smug

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Kiera Knightly's face is another TA of mine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

They can keep showing the ad with Chris Hemsworth spraying Boss all over himself ;) or Ryan Reynolds :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Autosport wrote: »
    They can keep showing the ad with Chris Hemsworth spraying Boss all over himself ;) or Ryan Reynolds :D

The sexual exploitation of men is a TA !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

iamwhoiam wrote: »

It's that trembling pout she does up close that gets on my wick.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I missed the first televised 9 darter of 2019, so not happy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

dubstarr wrote: »
    People who dont read the ful thread.And come on with their words of wisdom.300 pages in and think they are so original.
    It's especially annoying in Personal Issues where someone only reads the op and then posts asking questions the op has already answered in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭corks finest

How when an asylum seeker fails and appeals and appeals and still not sorted ,not ireland of the welcomes it's Irelabd of the stupid

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    It's especially annoying in Personal Issues where someone only reads the op and then posts asking questions the op has already answered in the thread.

Nah when the OP gives about 1/4 of relevant details people start to respond in good faith based on facts at hand....the OP then gives a few more details which on reflection makes the first responders responses seem abit harsh. They then in turn start getting attacked from people coming late into the thread. :) ah you gotta love boards :)

Probably haven't explained that very well but anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Nah when the OP gives about 1/4 of relevant details people start to respond in good faith based on facts at hand....the OP then gives a few more details which on reflection makes the first responders responses seem abit harsh. They then in turn start getting attacked from people coming late into the thread. :) ah you gotta love boards :)

Probably haven't explained that very well but anyway.
    I know exactly what you meant and I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭NewRed2

People who pull up ANYWHERE and turn on hazard lights and that means F**k everyone else.

This afternoon took the biscuit.

So theres a busy supermarket and obviously it follows that the car park is equally busy especially near the main door.
    So theres a chippers on the left as you exit the car park.
    This afternoon I went to the supermarket to buy Pringles and it took 30 minutes to exit the car park after.
    Why? Because on the way out there is a left lane and right lane for cars exiting the car park.
    So some eejit had pulled into the spot where left lane exiters go, and hit his hazards on. Where was he? In the chippers!!! Waiting on his take away.
    So meanwhile there are 100 free spaces he could have parked in, vacant. I said busy but it's a massive car park. Massive.
    So now people trying to go left are hitting the horn at the empty car blocking their lane. And the guys turning right are slow to move off anyway because they have to wait for a break in traffic from both directions, while letting in the occasional "victim" from the left lane.
    So I spent 30 minutes stuck in a car park. Not just me but everyone. Some mums with kids probably doing their heads in, because lets face it we've all been there.
    But all this mayhem so that some inconsiderate dickhead can avoid the rain while he gets his chipper feed.

The selfishness of people sometimes is miles past me. Just miles beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Was in Smyths this morning and it was like every kid there knew I had a headache ... every flippin toy that had a “Try Me” button was playing. My poor head!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,258 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if we are giving out about perfume ads we have to mention the one with johnny depp. it is a like a parody of aftershave ads.

if we are giving out about perfume ads we have to mention the one with johnny depp. it is a like a parody of aftershave ads.

I'm embarrassed for him every time I see that ad:(

TA when I have made the perfect fire, then a lump of coal rolls off the back of it and it's too hot to retrieve it with the tongs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Autosport wrote: »

Do they need a hand spraying the aftershave.Asking for a friend:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

How when an asylum seeker fails and appeals and appeals and still not sorted ,not ireland of the welcomes it's Irelabd of the stupid

So it would appear.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement