Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Parents who allow their 11-12 year old daughters wear makeup and fake tan.Come on let them be kids not mini adults.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

TA’d Chinese take aways are suddenly called “Asian Street Food”

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Antares35 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I am being overly sensitive getting annoyed about this one. I have a friend who, in my opinion, is bordering on treating me and a mutual friend badly. I am always the one to text/ call them to arrange things to do together. I would say 1 out of 5 suggestions/ attempts to meet is successful. The rest of the time she has other stuff on.

And not even bigger, adulty sort of responsible stuff that you can't get out of but just "oh I am going shopping with so and so" or "I'll be training for a marathon" or "I'll be running a marathon" etc. I mean, we are all busy. The other third of our trio works 60-70 hours a week. I work full time, study part time, have a small menagerie of animals to care for and OH and I are expecting our first child, so dealing with nausea, constant tiredness etc. - I still make time for my friends.

Also, lately instead of not being available, she is sort of reluctantly available, like "well I can meet you guys that day but just to warn you I will be out the night before so expect me to be very tired and hungover" - what's the point meeting up then? It's like making yourself available but only barely being there in body! Needless to say, we never get to see her on the "premium" weekend nights, it is always shoe horned into a Sunday evening or something :p

Perhaps my standard is too high, but I find myself getting annoyed :(

Its not you its them.I was always the one making plans,running around after them.Only for them to pull out last minute.Si i said to myself,i will wait till they ask me.2 years later,im still waiting.But at least i know where i stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Antares35 wrote:
    I'm not sure if I am being overly sensitive getting annoyed about this one. I have a friend who, in my opinion, is bordering on treating me and a mutual friend badly. I am always the one to text/ call them to arrange things to do together. I would say 1 out of 5 suggestions/ attempts to meet is successful. The rest of the time she has other stuff on.

I'm not being smart but why bother if it's always one way? Just stop texting altogether and leave the ball in her court.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,108 ✭✭✭Be right back

Queue skippers. Just because you seem to be a tourist, doesn't mean it's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Ghosteen wrote: »
    I'm not being smart but why bother if it's always one way? Just stop texting altogether and leave the ball in her court.

I wonder the same thing! Since the "I can do it extremely hungover" message, I am just sitting back and waiting to see if any plans materialise without my input. Life is definitely to short to be running after people who couldn't be ársed :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I wonder the same thing! Since the "I can do it extremely hungover" message, I am just sitting back and waiting to see if any plans materialise without my input. Life is definitely to short to be running after people who couldn't be ársed :)

You're spot on. Leave them to it.
    It's a T/A of mine too.

I used to have a friend like that. If I didn't message her, nothing happened, no meet up, no effort even just to keep in touch.
    When I would message her, the response would be 'I haven't heard from you in aaaaaages'. I finally pointed out to her that she could just as easily contact me - it wasn't a one way street. It seemed to be quite a revelation to her :rolleyes:

We both commuted on public transport at the time, so no excuse for not firing off the odd message or whatever during the journey, regardless of how busy work etc might be for both of us.

Your friend sounds like she thinks she is doing you a favour, almost, 'warning' you she will be hungover. Leave her to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Parents who allow their 11-12 year old daughters wear makeup and fake tan.Come on let them be kids not mini adults.

Regularly see kids younger than that with full makeup on. I really hate it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

And not even bigger, adulty sort of responsible stuff that you can't get out of but just "oh I am going shopping with so and so" or "I'll be training for a marathon" or "I'll be running a marathon" etc. I mean, we are all busy. The other third of our trio works 60-70 hours a week. I work full time, study part time, have a small menagerie of animals to care for and OH and I are expecting our first child, so dealing with nausea, constant tiredness etc. - I still make time for my friends.

Also, lately instead of not being available, she is sort of reluctantly available, like "well I can meet you guys that day but just to warn you I will be out the night before so expect me to be very tired and hungover" - what's the point meeting up then? It's like making yourself available but only barely being there in body! Needless to say, we never get to see her on the "premium" weekend nights, it is always shoe horned into a Sunday evening or something :p

Perhaps my standard is too high, but I find myself getting annoyed :(

Don't bother contacting them anymore, once they hear you and that other pal are out doing stuff without them they'll be on the Hornblower shouting down the phone at ya and then all you do then is say "ohhh I thought you might be busy".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭rECTAL fLAKE

I've a really annoying cold that won't just leave me alone!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I wonder the same thing! Since the "I can do it extremely hungover" message, I am just sitting back and waiting to see if any plans materialise without my input. Life is definitely to short to be running after people who couldn't be ed :)
    It sucks but this friendship has run it's course. Life is too short to spend it running around after people who treat you as an after thought and make you feel rejected. There was no major falling out so just stop texting and suggesting plans. If they ever do text you or bump into you and get on the offensive saying "I haven't heard from you in ages", instead of explaining yourself or asking for an explanation just say something generic like "I haven't heard from you either. What are you up to" blah blah.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,423 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When make and agreement with somebody and they go back on it without telling you!

There's a style of men's trousers out there now.
    There feel like a tracksuit and have draw strings, etc.
    However they look like a similar suit pants when your not to close to them.
    I'm a tad unsure what they are for.
    They look stupid with shoes and runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When what I assume is speckles of dried starch show up on the counter and tiles where I have been peeling spuds.

When in a soap/drama if somebody takes drugs they always end up being an addict!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

Setting my alarm for the morning. Le siiiiiiiigh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Parents of TY teenagers pushing us into buying crap made for their "mini companies"

Just piss off!

If your looking for somewhere to eat and you want just a standard dinner and all you can find are these gastro pub/trendy places serving loads of burgers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The fookin rain and traffic the last week or so. I've been on my bus for over an hour so far and have yet to make it from Firhouse to Rathmines. I actually can't hack it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I dont vary my veg intake too often but the missus was having asparagus so I said id try it. Was grand till later when I thought i'd have to ring a plumber as I thought the drain pipes were backing up with waste.

Unbeknownst to me asparagus makes your piss stink!!! And its not subtle! :(:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

GBX wrote: »
    I dont vary my veg intake too often but the missus was having asparagus so I said id try it. Was grand till later when I thought i'd have to ring a plumber as I thought the drain pipes were backing up with waste.

Unbeknownst to me asparagus makes your piss stink!!! And its not subtle! :(:eek:

Try the Jacks an hour after dinner at a wedding where asparagus was served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭holyhead

People who open the door to a room and then exit without closing the door after them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Try the Jacks an hour after dinner at a wedding where asparagus was served.

:eek: That's a nasty thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

More than trivial but Ronan Keating.Just feck off already

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Trying to add 2 English contacts to WhatsApp. They're not showing up despite my following the instructions in the Faq

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Trying to add 2 English contacts to WhatsApp. They're not showing up despite my following the instructions in the Faq

On my father's phone new contacts wouldn't show up unless I clicked "refresh" (can't remember where that is, now...).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Trivial to me but not for some women who don't withstand pressure from middle aged predators. Being put down for not supplying someone with highly sensitive personal pictures or agreeing to very risky stuff.I can't stand thus rat and wouldnt tryst him as far as I could throw him. Kinds torn between rolling my eyes and reporting him tbh. I get annoyed but I let stuff go.
    It's trivially annoying as **** for me but for some women especially less experienced ones it's possibly more serious.

It's nobody on Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Absolutely starving. I had 2 Weetabix earlier. If I dont have breakfast I can get to lunchtime no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

People that have to do the squishtest on every single loaf of Brennan's in the shop before deciding for one.
    Just take a loaf and f off, Mary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

When Christmas decorations on buildings are not removed in January or so but are simply switched off and left there all year long. It looks tacky...
    This wasn't always the case

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement