Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭20Wheel

Cant hear any song lyrics these days.
    Wtf do they be saying.

Its not deafness either.
    Theyre just incomprehensible. And i have to listen to the radio in work. Its headwrecking.

And another thing why does rap get a pass on absolute filth, yet others dont.

There was a specsavers ad that was changed from a guy ripping off his cacks to ripping off his shirt.

There was a song with lyrics referring to not needing drugs which was edited to muffle the word drugs.
    But later changed back.

In both cases after the offending underpants and drugs within 5 mins the same station is blasting out rap songs with lyrics about double d tits and killing people and all manner of suggestive rap lyrics about shagging and murder.

But its ok because its rap.

Putin is a dictator. Putin should face justice at the Hague. All good Russians should work to depose Putin. Russias war in Ukraine is illegal and morally wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,425 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who post on Facebook stuff such as ''What time does the local Lidl/Tesco close at Tonight? even tough they've had the same opening hours with years and they could Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

20Wheel wrote: »
    Cant hear any song lyrics these days.
    Wtf do they be saying.

Its not deafness either.
    Theyre just incomprehensible. And i have to listen to the radio in work. Its headwrecking.

And another thing why does rap get a pass on absolute filth, yet others dont.

There was a specsavers ad that was changed from a guy ripping off his cacks to ripping off his shirt.

There was a song with lyrics referring to not needing drugs which was edited to muffle the word drugs.
    But later changed back.

In both cases after the offending underpants and drugs within 5 mins the same station is blasting out rap songs with lyrics about double d tits and killing people and all manner of suggestive rap lyrics about shagging and murder.

But its ok because its rap.

Try a long taxi trip with the driver blasting crude 'F-U' lyrics in your ear the entire time... More than a trivial annoyance.

(and Baby It's Cold Outside is banned - oh the irony!)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

20Wheel wrote: »
    Incomprehensible/rude/violent etc song lyrics

Sia in this is one of the main culprits.

I had to go and look up the lyrics because I could not understand a single word of what she was saying. That's when I realised that she skipped all the consonants.

On the same note (:pac:), lyrics that are perfectly understandable, but when you look for the full text on a website they have been written down incorrectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Overuse of the word 'super'. As in "This is a super quick meal to cook". "I was super tired". "I was a super long time in the queue".

Just no need for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Adults and their oversized scooters in Tesco.For added smugness he had a helmet on his head with a camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I bit my lip through yakking while I was eating my dinner yesterday and it's still killing me :(

My neighbour has her Xmas tree up, mind you, she is German. I wouldn't like to be near her next to the pool .....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Decided I’d apply for that job I posted about the other night. Clicked on the link only for it to say “page not found” :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Decided I’d apply for that job I posted about the other night. Clicked on the link only for it to say “page not found” :mad:

Perhaps try sites like Jobs.ie or Indeed.ie, they might have the same vacancy up there and you can apply through them. TA recently is our fcuked up public transport system in Galway. The 5 PM bus from Salthill some days becomes the 5.30 or 5.40 PM bus due to our brutal traffic.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I had bought some light fittings to put up in the attic.
    I then progressed to put it on the long finger for weeks until today when I got around to start - only to discover they didn't fit and I now have to start everything over again.

Arrgh, if I started when I first intended to I would have found out sooner and fixed it sooner and have had it done by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I cope badly with the fact that my dad looks like Boris Johnson's identical twin (besides the hair colour, by dad is a fading ginger). Whenever I see Boris, he looks like my dad, they have a similar build, very similar gestures.
    My sister and I are very uncomfortable with this knowledge, we can't unsee it now that we realised it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TheDavester

People who post on Facebook stuff such as ''What time does the local Lidl/Tesco close at Tonight? even tough they've had the same opening hours with years and they could Google it.

this and they seem to bedozy wannabe influencer's(with only 100 followers) and go on intsta stories "i need recommendations for brow lifters/netflix/some fashion thing/good hotel - bar in kerry /food etc".... i know about 10 (majority female) who do this constantly...why..

Grown ups obsessed with the Late Late Toy Show....this will go into overdrive in the office i work in

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

this and they seem to bedozy wannabe influencer's(with only 100 followers) and go on intsta stories "i need recommendations for brow lifters/netflix/some fashion thing/good hotel - bar in kerry /food etc".... i know about 10 (majority female) who do this constantly...why..

Because they want companies to “reach out” and offer their services for free in exchange for the influencer saying the place is amazing. The bigger ones do this for furniture, clothes, everything. It’s desperate looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,425 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Children running around shops!

Found a tick on my dogs neck this evening. Ugh! Hate removing them. They give me the heebie-jeebies and I have a creepy crawly feeling all over since! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Perhaps try sites like Jobs.ie or Indeed.ie, they might have the same vacancy up there and you can apply through them. TA recently is our fcuked up public transport system in Galway. The 5 PM bus from Salthill some days becomes the 5.30 or 5.40 PM bus due to our brutal traffic.

Oh will try this! I did send them an email to say it wasn’t working so hopefully that’ll do some good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who use LinkedIn like facebook. I just tend to add everyone on LinkedIn and have come across some amount of Tulips. At least on facebook the Tulips are people I actually know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    People who use LinkedIn like facebook. I just tend to add everyone on LinkedIn and have come across some amount of Tulips. At least on facebook the Tulips are people I actually know.

And that it's also used by people to recruit for their sh*tty MLMs. I know there's one going around in Ireland now from my home country, wtf guys?!

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

It seems to annoy my wife that, in my late sixties, I still snigger when golf commentators say 'bogey'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,352 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Starting off Monday morning with a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Kitty6277 wrote: »

This one does a good job in tracking all the recruitment websites...

https://countyjobs.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Other drivers, more specifically, other drivers expecting me to break the law because they are being selfish pr*cks. Driving along at the weekend and came upon a car that had stopped in front and in that very Irish way, put on his hazards which apparently in this country excuses every kind of bad behaviour. He was opposite a white line too. He didn't even have the decency to be half on the path, he had just stopped dead in front. I waited a few seconds and he didn't move, so then tooted a bit - next thing he starts signalling for me to go around him, even though my line of vision to check for oncoming cars was maybe 10ft until the bend. Who the hell died and made him a traffic warden, thinking it is ok to signal to another driver, go on over there onto the wrong side of the road where you can't really see if there are oncoming cars, sure ye'll be grand. Moron. :(

My neighbour has her Xmas tree up, mind you, she is German. I wouldn't like to be near her next to the pool .....

I had so many thought processes I am not proud of before I finally realised what this meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Antares35 wrote: »
    Other drivers, more specifically, other drivers expecting me to break the law because they are being selfish pr*cks. Driving along at the weekend and came upon a car that had stopped in front and in that very Irish way, put on his hazards which apparently in this country excuses every kind of bad behaviour. He was opposite a white line too. He didn't even have the decency to be half on the path, he had just stopped dead in front. I waited a few seconds and he didn't move, so then tooted a bit - next thing he starts signalling for me to go around him, even though my line of vision to check for oncoming cars was maybe 10ft until the bend. Who the hell died and made him a traffic warden, thinking it is ok to signal to another driver, go on over there onto the wrong side of the road where you can't really see if there are oncoming cars, sure ye'll be grand. Moron. :(

I had this on a roundabout of all places. Wasn't me that beeped but the car behind me.

He starts waving to tell me go around the roundabout the wrong way.... Then proceeded to take a crowbar out of the boot and walk towards my car.....that was a fun experience!!

Needless to say the car behind me scarpered around the roundabout the wrong way.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

There's a small cabal of lads on a whatsapp group I am on that I am pretty sure are "bullying" me. Maybe I am paranoid, but it appears that they save any smart remarks they have solely for me, and make a point to demean any contribution I make. Maybe it's because they know I tend to bite whenever I am pushed in real life, but still its very childish.

When you were sure you'd 'ignored' someone on Boards, but no, there they are again!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Found a tick on my dogs neck this evening. Ugh! Hate removing them. They give me the heebie-jeebies and I have a creepy crawly feeling all over since! :O

I bet they are in your bed clothes now.

Just have a good long think about that tonight. Go on. Just imagine them waiting for you to go to sleep. Just picture it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I bet they are in your bed clothes now.

Just have a good long think about that tonight. Go on. Just imagine them waiting for you to go to sleep. Just picture it.

You are just so evil

I like it.:D

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if I am being overly sensitive getting annoyed about this one. I have a friend who, in my opinion, is bordering on treating me and a mutual friend badly. I am always the one to text/ call them to arrange things to do together. I would say 1 out of 5 suggestions/ attempts to meet is successful. The rest of the time she has other stuff on.

And not even bigger, adulty sort of responsible stuff that you can't get out of but just "oh I am going shopping with so and so" or "I'll be training for a marathon" or "I'll be running a marathon" etc. I mean, we are all busy. The other third of our trio works 60-70 hours a week. I work full time, study part time, have a small menagerie of animals to care for and OH and I are expecting our first child, so dealing with nausea, constant tiredness etc. - I still make time for my friends.

Also, lately instead of not being available, she is sort of reluctantly available, like "well I can meet you guys that day but just to warn you I will be out the night before so expect me to be very tired and hungover" - what's the point meeting up then? It's like making yourself available but only barely being there in body! Needless to say, we never get to see her on the "premium" weekend nights, it is always shoe horned into a Sunday evening or something :p

Perhaps my standard is too high, but I find myself getting annoyed :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement