Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Antares35 wrote: »
    Or "was sat" instead of "was sitting".
    Add "I seen" and "I done" to that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

Bloody fitbit ionic is acting up...only won it in June. .....phone cant sync to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,164 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Black Swan wrote: »
    Fools always late to meetings.

Oh my god don't get me started.

We are in the process of hiring a new staff member, and the supervisor had two interviews lined up this week for perspective candidates. She was meant to meet candidate A one afternoon in the work-place, so they could get a feel for the place while being interviewed at the same time. But she was sitting around for half an hour beyond the designated time and no sign of candidate A. She ended up ringing them, where they explained that they couldn't make it, but yet they didn't have the manners/foresight to contact her in the first place (immediate red flag).

Anyway, a couple of days later, I ended up sitting in on the interview for candidate B. They really stood out and they basically have the job. Candidate A was also due for an interview afterwards out of courtesy, but didn't show up on time again, at which point the supervisor rang them to tell them the vacancy was filled- went to voicemail of course. They nonetheless came into the office an hour later looking to have the interview with the supervisor, where I explained the situation. They then had the temerity to ask me to contact her on their behalf- I didn't have the heart to tell them that their goose was cooked long ago.

So my TA: grown adults that do not have any sense of punctuality, or basic manners, and are thus unemployable as a result. I mean this person is in their late 30s/early 40s and seems completely non-functional for a work environment. Crazy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Seems someone drank all my Johnny Walker and I demand who because surely it wasn't me, Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Burnt my tongue on Monday and it's still sore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Yankee Candles,what is the point of them.Overpriced ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People who have shift work where their days off fall on weekdays more often than weekends but expect everyone else to be free on weekdays too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Road users of all types who cause near-misses because they are gawking into their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I finished a long college assignment early, uploaded it to have a quiet Friday after putting 40h of work in. Stay in bed, have a lie in.

9 on the dot they start chasing walls next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Half way through a pack of jaffa cakes, opened them less than 3 mins ago, haven't even taken a sup of tea yet....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,352 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Half way through a pack of jaffa cakes, opened them less than 3 mins ago, haven't even taken a sup of tea yet....

is the TA that you have eaten half of the packet or that you only have half a packet to go?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

No TA there for me.

While running this morning I hurt my foot after about 5 minutes.
    Decided to press on.
    A few KMs later, pulled a muscle in my calf.
    F*ck it, decided to press on.
    Tried to stand up in work after sitting for an hour and my leg has decided it doesn't want to work.
    Had to walk like a peg leg pirate for a few minutes until the muscles remembered they have a job to do.

is the TA that you have eaten half of the packet or that you only have half a packet to go?

Haha I don't know :)

But continuing on the same theme I've managed to get chocolate all over my chair....it's ok though, I've kids I'll blame them :)

Haha I don't know :)

But continuing on the same theme I've managed to get chocolate all over my chair....it's ok though, I've kids I'll blame them :)

Sweet jesus!!

Wiped the chocolate off with a wet wipe, forgot about it, sat back down. Now I've a nice wet patch on my arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Really slow drivers.

I was driving to Nexttownover earlier this week and was stuck behind a Range Rover Sport doing 60k for a while. I say behind - I was behind the three cars stuck behind it. This was on a dual carriageway with a 100k limit, and when I got past, we were on a half mile long straight section. It was dark, and there was a bit of rain, but all in all normal winter driving conditions. Now, speedometers are under-calibrated, so an indicated 60k is probably closer to 50k. That numpty can barely manage half the speed limit on a wide open dual carriageway in normal driving conditions. If you can't drive at a reasonable speed in those conditions, you can't drive. Should be put off the road....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,744 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

dubstarr wrote: »

Great fillers for going away / welcome presents though

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No disrespect to the poster that wrote this and the point is valid concerning music today but I always find this phrase somewhat wankery.
    The Nal wrote: »
    Some great music out there. Just need to dig a little deeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

cjmc wrote: »
    Great fillers for going away / welcome presents though

Not to me.It screams i couldnt be bothered looking for a present for you.Unless of course you really like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

When i go on youtube , i sign in, they just keep showing the same 3 ad,s
    , every day .
    For products i will never use, grammerly app, i tjust mute sound when an ad comes on.
    Why do women wear nose ring,s ,is there maybe one person in the world
    that looks sexy with a nose ring.?
    They just look weird and ugly .
    If you are attractive you do not need a piece of metal in your nose.
    If you are ugly it just makes you look worse .

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

riclad wrote: »
    When i go on youtube , i sign in, they just keep showing the same 3 ad,s
    , every day .
    For products i will never use, grammerly app, i tjust mute sound when an ad comes on.
    Why do women wear nose ring,s ,is there maybe one person in the world
    that looks sexy with a nose ring.?

Maybe you could give that one a chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Talking about overpriced ****e, just bought three Christmas cards which came to 15euro, when did cards get so expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When people see that I live so close to Aldi and get all “isnt it great you can just walk over”. Makes me feel like a lazy gowl for still choosing to drive

When people see that I live so close to Aldi and get all “isnt it great you can just walk over”. Makes me feel like a lazy gowl for still choosing to drive

Grocery bags can be heavy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Tight fisted employers, as well as wanting you to have your own safety boots, now they want you to supply your own hi vis.
    How much is a hi vis vest, probably less than €5?

Bunch of lads working with every sort of hi vis from An Post to Harvey Norman. Think at least two guys had official company gear. Bit of a poor show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Tight fisted employers, as well as wanting you to have your own safety boots, now they want you to supply your own hi vis.
    How much is a hi vis vest, probably less than €5?

Bunch of lads working with every sort of hi vis from An Post to Harvey Norman. Think at least two guys had official company gear. Bit of a poor show.

I worked in McDonalds many years ago, and they made me pay for the uniform, refundable when returned in good order. After I left, I thought I'd keep my sh!tty little plastic badge as a souvenir of working there. My final wages were docked by 3 punts (thats how long ago it was) for the missing badge

• Registered Users Posts: 13,567 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Any kind of scented candle. Horrid things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

People calling service technicians or anyone loosely connected to engineering as Engineers ...no, KN networks are not sending an engineer around to look at my Eir TV

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Never learning from having a few glasses of wine and thinking “do ya know what would be a great idea. Cutting my own hair!”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,829 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

People calling service technicians or anyone loosely connected to engineering as Engineers ...no, KN networks are not sending an engineer around to look at my Eir TV

^^ As an Engineer this has bugged me for many a year

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Daft.ie and argos mobile websites - just what is the point? They have half the functionality and are absolutely infuriating to use.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement