Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Nerdlingr wrote: »
    People who put all the dirty dishes and cups etc to the FRONT of the dishwasher when the bloody thing is empty. Start at the back !!!

I will go to my grave still puzzled at how so many people fail to grasp the fundamental physics of dishwasher loading.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,899 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Colleagues who don't come out of a shared file when they go for tea/lunch/chats/the jack's, meaning no one else can go in and edit the file until that asshole comes out of it :mad:

In cases too where they do that, fûck off home on a Friday for the weekend still logged in and any of the rest of their colleagues who need those files to edit on Saturday are screwed.... last job there was one auld fella, late 50s who’s was a fûcker for this... my idea was to log the info on a separate spreadsheet and have him do it on Monday....of course I got...” ahhh he’s not very computer savvy, not his fault “. My reply... “well why did you fûckin hire him ???” :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The use of Xmas instead of Christmas.

Christmas freaks that call you Grinch or Scrooge and act like you hate Christmas just because you don’t think the run-up should begin until early December at least.

I absolutely love Christmas, but the law of diminishing marginal utility quite clearly dictates that if we begin in early November we’ll have expended all of our Christmasiness and be sick of it come the actual day.
    So it is because I love Christmas that preparations ought not begin till the 8th, regardless of what the nuts would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

The use of Xmas instead of Christmas.

I do that, I must admit. Its because I'm not religious and also incredibly lazy :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

The 'resealable ' wrappers on chocolate bars . Unopenable? more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 15,857 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I do that, I must admit. Its because I'm not religious and also incredibly lazy :pac:

"X" is a valid way of abbreviating "Christ".

So yeah, you're using religious terminology.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

"X" is a valid way of abbreviating "Christ".

So yeah, you're using religious terminology.

Well, I'm using a letter, if we want to be pedantic about it. I mean, its also an acceptable signature but I'm not using it as short for 'Big Joe Joyce' or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

dubstarr wrote: »
    I go through stages of it.Its not all the time.Thank God.But when i get it,i get it for weeks ata time.

Have you noticed that everybody else leaves a space after a full stop?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

:D :pac:

That has appeased my inner pedant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,532 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I will go to my grave still puzzled at how so many people fail to grasp the fundamental physics of dishwasher loading.

Stupid loading of the dish washer has caused so many fights among house mates

• Registered Users Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Driving in to my driveway this evening and I can see my neighbour putting up a Christmas tree in her living room. It’s NOVEMBER!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Driving in to my driveway this evening and I can see my neighbour putting up a Christmas tree in her living room. It’s NOVEMBER!

I saw one lit up today. How do people look at them for that long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Moochers who don't pay their turn in our euromillions syndicate

Oooooh but if we ever had a win they wouldn't be shy about coming forward!!

It all blew up this week and the WhatsApp group got closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,899 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Moochers who don't pay their turn in our euromillions syndicate

Oooooh but if we ever had a win they wouldn't be shy about coming forward!!

It all blew up this week and the WhatsApp group got closed.

That’s crap, people who are like that are always the very first to be messaging shît like... “ohhh great, how much did we win ? When is the payout?” If you get a few numbers up..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Thatsinsomniaforyou:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

The awful music some companies play when they put you on hold...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭Melania Frump

Trying not to do or say something that you know you shouldnt but you want to anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,321 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

People who leave 2 spaces after a full stop. What is that all about and why oh why were you the one that did all of our template letters?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I got a text from an insurance company. "Dear First name here...…" I like their attention to detail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

When the person you wanna talk to is busy

• Registered Users Posts: 13,437 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    People who leave 2 spaces after a full stop. What is that all about and why oh why were you the one that did all of our template letters?

It’s a style choice and perfectly valid. I do it in formal written communications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Listening to In The Air Tonight by Phil Collins in the car this morning and not being able to do air drums when the drum bit comes in because I was driving. A little part of me dies every time I don't mime the drums to that song.

Also TA at being laughed at by a pretty lady when our cars were beside each other in stopped traffic and she saw me belting out Sussudio with all the passion I could muster.....:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Oh my god I love In the air tonight.

TA when my tone of voice inexplicable comes off wrong. I sounded like I was cruelly complaining about my rescued, elderly dog when I meant it in a sympathetic way. Not helped by the wrong choice of word. I meant to say that the dog is suffering from canine dementia but instead I called her demented which doesn't sound great! Wouldnt have taken the dog in if I was like that would I?!

And bigger TA is that some kinds of people are all too quick to see you in the worst possible light no matter how much you gave them the benefit of the doubt when you could have judged them harshly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

Poochie05 wrote: »

2 weeks ago on the way home from work I saw tree up and lighting.
    Jesus how would you look at it for that long.

The is also a house on my way home that has blue flashing lights around the outside of hse and EVERY year I think it's the guards :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

And bigger TA is that some kinds of people are all too quick to see you in the worst possible light no matter how much you gave them the benefit of the doubt when you could have judged them harshly.

People will let you down more often than not I find. There's plenty of great decent people in this world but unfortunately in day to day life you're going to run into or have to deal with some untrustworthy ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Constant rain ....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Ghosteen wrote: »
    People will let you down more often than not I find. There's plenty of great decent people in this world but unfortunately in day to day life you're going to run into or have to deal with some untrustworthy ones.

In a way it's a TH because I've been spoilt with good people so I'm not equipped for that kind of thing. True though, part and parcel of life

• Registered Users Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Spilling tea down my shirt. I’m old enough, and experienced enough, to know how to drink tea, this shouldn’t happen.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

People who take too long at the sugar and condiments section in a coffee shop. And they take up the entire area, completely oblivious to the fact that other people are waiting for them to stop their selfish dithering and GTFO

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement