Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

People calling Tesco, Tesco's. I'm just in Tesco's, no your not. The big sign reads Tesco. No S

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

cjmc wrote: »
    People calling Tesco, Tesco's. I'm just in Tesco's, no your not. The big sign reads Tesco. No S

"Lideeeeeell".

• Registered Users Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

LirW wrote: »
    "Lideeeeeell".

Lidl's

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Lidl's
    Not Aldi, the other one

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Recipes on the internet. 'Food bloggers' will have one line telling you what the recipe is, then twenty-three paragraphs telling you their life story, how they love to cook this with their kids when they have a day off school, how it was inspired by a man they met on an inter-railing trip in Italy in 1985, the farmers' market they source their veg from and how inspiring it is, blah, blah, blah. Scroll through this crap (and a dozen ads) and at the bottom of the page you will finally find the actual recipe.

Also I read a curry recipe* just now that described in detail how to assemble the recipe - thoroughly mix the spices in a bowl, add the onion to the slow cooker, followed by the veg, next pour in the coconut milk, then toss in the seasoning mix, followed by the tomato puree and the knob of butter. Finally add the chopped chicken give everything a good mix and set the slow cooker on medium for six hours.

Love, all you needed to say was chuck everything into the slow cooker and give it a good mix. Don't be trying to be all fancy and lyrical.

(* I'm paraphrasing, please don't try to follow this recipe)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

You're

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    You're

True , is that Karma ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

You're spot on. Leave them to it.
    It's a T/A of mine too.

I used to have a friend like that. If I didn't message her, nothing happened, no meet up, no effort even just to keep in touch.
    When I would message her, the response would be 'I haven't heard from you in aaaaaages'. I finally pointed out to her that she could just as easily contact me - it wasn't a one way street. It seemed to be quite a revelation to her :rolleyes:

We both commuted on public transport at the time, so no excuse for not firing off the odd message or whatever during the journey, regardless of how busy work etc might be for both of us.

Your friend sounds like she thinks she is doing you a favour, almost, 'warning' you she will be hungover. Leave her to it.

Yes! I knew there was something about her reply that TA'd me and I could not quite figure it out! I knew someone years ago who did this. She was in college 2 nights a week (fair enough, I know that is hard myself) but she would only ever pencil in time to see her friends on these nights - so we would get to see her for an hour while she sat from 10 -11 pm drinking 50c lime cordial - "I have the car with me". So, we were just shoehorned into a night that was, because of classes, essentially a write off for her anyway. She'd never meet us on a night where she didn't already have plans e.g. an early bird on a Thursday or a few pints Saturday etc. And the whole hour she sat there, we just knew she was putting in the time. We were on different wavelengths and the whole thing was pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Predictive text keeps turning my friend Daithi's name into "said hi".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

When Christmas decorations on buildings are not removed in January or so but are simply switched off and left there all year long. It looks tacky...
    This wasn't always the case

Like the Xmas lights in Galway which have been up all year round. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,858 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The amount of barely covered up misogyny in a lot of threads over the last few days.

The racism and general bigotry doesn't surprise me but, for some reason, the misogyny does.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Like the Xmas lights in Galway which have been up all year round. :)

Exactly.. Those scenes on churches and other buildings are particularly gaudy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Predictive text keeps turning my friend Daithi's name into "said hi".

"Ducking".

When I try to type "we're" it's "were" and vice versa.

Also unrelated.

People who say they have an "eclectic" taste in music.

People who do their make up on the bus.

Bus drivers absolutely lashing the heat up and the bus is wedged.

Bus roof windows that leak.

When the bus radio is playing songs you hate.

On hold to a state department for half an hour and counting and their on hold music could be better. Wasting my afternoon wondering if they actually answer the phones at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had a lecturer at college.
    Apart from the time he threated to go out of his way to fail us for skipping a lecture.
    He told us to call him by his first name and then when you did he'd say my name is Mr O'Brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭Be right back

Mentioned it before but people who push their buggies onto the road while attempting to cross. Saw a lady doing it earlier while waiting for the green man. Doubt that they would stand on the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Feeling confused & anxious about someones intentions towards me. I wish people were more up front, I hate mind games!
    Its just disappointment after disappointment lately :(

My new black jeans have a previously unnoticed glitter coating.
    When I step into the daylight It's like a Brats doll emerging from an explosion In a playschool.

Pharmacies with a lit green cross, when they are Closed ! . It should be lit to show you're open and not have me driving around town. Turn it off at closing time.

• Advertisement

Mentioned it before but people who push their buggies onto the road while attempting to cross. Saw a lady doing it earlier while waiting for the green man. Doubt that they would stand on the road...
    I see that alot. Focking drives me bananas. Putting the child out on the road to stop traffic?????

• Registered Users Posts: 6,097 ✭✭✭Be right back

I see that alot. Focking drives me bananas. Putting the child out on the road to stop traffic?????

No, this lady was sticking her buggy into a cycle lane on a busy street in Cork, while waiting for the green man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

SusieBlue wrote:
    Feeling confused & anxious about someones intentions towards me. I wish people were more up front, I hate mind games! Its just disappointment after disappointment lately

Hope things go on the up and up for you soon. May good things come your way.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've been working all day on a spreadsheet, formulas and the rest. Saved regularly. I go to save one last time before closing it, and the whole things stalls. Then it crashes. When it opens itself again, it's a blank spreadsheet. Nothing in the "Documents Recovery". The latest saved version is dated today before lunch. I want to crrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

My new black jeans have a previously unnoticed glitter coating.
    When I step into the daylight It's like a Brats doll emerging from an explosion In a playschool.

Quite the image!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,371 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Pharmacies with a lit green cross, when they are Closed ! . It should be lit to show you're open and not have me driving around town. Turn it off at closing time.

I know some of these and they are near traffic lights and they can be confusing for both pedestrians and drivers.

Eleysian wrote: »
    Quite the image!

Yeah I was thinking somewhere there'd be lots of glitter, was thinking minor explosion in an empty playschool. I shouldve said a glitter factory

TA over thinking after I post and making it worse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Ghosteen

New Home wrote:
    I've been working all day on a spreadsheet, formulas and the rest. Saved regularly. I go to save one last time before closing it, and the whole things stalls. Then it crashes. When it opens itself again, it's a blank spreadsheet. Nothing in the "Documents Recovery". The latest saved version is dated today before lunch. I want to crrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......

I nearly recoiled in horror at the last bit and it didn't even happen to me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Shady Grady

Painting all finished and yep it looks like a whorehouse.All that is missing is the red light outside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Scalded my arm from the steam of the kettle about a week ago, and the burn has settled into the darkest most hideous looking blistery yoke. Anyone know anything I can use to make it look normal again?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement