Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tools down for a while. Working in bursts. Nag Champa is a lovely incense. It's what I imagine the 1970s smelled like.

Fookin hell i haven't heard of that since college!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Eleysian, I know this isn’t the cooking forum but will you pm me your Dahl recipe, I’m on the hunt for a nice one and I like the sound of that. QUOTE]

Hi Poochie, sent you a PM there with the recipe. Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

bedside, pondering things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,080 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Tech desk. Catching up. Making some money again. Girls in bed and well fed. It's my birthday. Gonna celebrate it in 10 days or so in a hotel. Better late and cosied up with beer, food, jacuzzi and pool than never! Voucher from a previous job being used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Sitting on the stairs listening to WW3.
    Seph I'm not too familiar with your situation but speaking as a man who has a complete príck of a brother I empathise and sympathise with you. If you ever want to talk or rant etc.. feel free to send me a PM.

I myself am bedside listening to cheesy songs from 80's movie soundtracks on YouTube after a very busy day in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Happy Birthday Grandeeod!
    JBNoo4f.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,436 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Hope you're ok Seph
    tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Tech desk. Catching up. Making some money again. Girls in bed and well fed. It's my birthday. Gonna celebrate it in 10 days or so in a hotel. Better late and cosied up with beer, food, jacuzzi and pool than never! Voucher from a previous job being used.

Happy birthday to you !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Happy Birthday Grandeeod , fellow Scorpian :D
    Enjoy when you get away , you really deserve it , for now , enjoy the night !

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Happy Birthday G.

I hope it is a suite you have booked, there is a lot of us here that want to celebrate too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Happy birthday G, glad you are back deskside :) Jacuzzi sounds perfect, smuggle me there?

Deskside, feeling peckish.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Happy Birthday Grandeeod. Enjoy your me-time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Happy Birthday Grandeeod!
    Hope all okay with you Seph!

Hitting the hay. Night All!

Away from the tech desk till amarach. Had a Dad/Son thing last night with some football and was good. Sipping a quiet late beer now and just chilling out. Steak and chips for one, coming soon.:D Hope everyone is in good shape tonight.

Away from the tech desk till amarach. Had a Dad/Son thing last night with some football and was good. Sipping a quiet late beer now and just chilling out. Steak and chips for one, coming soon.:D Hope everyone is in good shape tonight.

You have a fierce gra on for the steaks recently, i'm jealous! (and maybe always hungry)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Steak sounds great , must get one , enjoy G !

Waiting on the dog to come back in here :)

Eta,
    Snap Grem :p

You have a fierce gra on for the steaks recently, i'm jealous! (and maybe always hungry)

Ah Grem, I go chicken, chicken and more chicken in different guises for months. But I have indeed a big Gra for steak lately. Then crash bang wallop - no steak for many months. Steaks are great though. I'm the only one in the house that eats them, so affordable. Imagine three striploins, twice a week?:eek:

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Steak sounds great , must get one , enjoy G !

Waiting on the dog to come back in here :)

Eta,
    Snap Grem :p

Waiting on the Cat to lift her arse off my daughters bed for feed, pee and back to bed. As I came off the tech desk I was called to daughters room and told to make sure the Cat was fed, let out and let back in.:D The Cat gets more love here than me.:D

B-Day steak and chips, yum!!! A little peppercorn sauce would really up the birthday ante. Or Bearnaise, mmmmh.
    Enjoy G. :)

Cali_girl wrote: »
    B-Day steak and chips, yum!!! A little peppercorn sauce would really up the birthday ante. Or Bearnaise, mmmmh.
    Enjoy G. :)

Ive got the peppercorn sauce ready with Mushrooms and onions too. A skinny coke for the wash down, but another beer first. At the tech desk for 10am, so all is cool!

• Advertisement

I've never had a steak, even if I cook them at home I only taste a bit to see if they're cooked ok,too much chewing imo lol.

Happy birthday G.,great to have a night away to look forward to,might book something myself, have plenty annual leave to take and work is stressful at the moment..thank god tomorrow is hump day, wishing the weeks away.

Ive got the peppercorn sauce ready with Mushrooms and onions too. A skinny coke for the wash down, but another beer first. At the tech desk for 10am, so all is cool!

Mushrooms and onions are a given in my mind.. Garlic butter....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Couchside chatting with my favourite man making plans for our Christmas shopping trip tomorrow :D what has he let himself in for :D

Seph sending hugs your way ((hugs))

Happy Birthday G :)

I've never had a steak, even if I cook them at home I only taste a bit to see if they're cooked ok,too much chewing imo lol..

:eek:

I mean I understand (sort of not really), and I know and love and respect many vegans and vegetarians and pescatarians, but part of me will always be, but why? :o

Mushrooms and onions are a given in my mind.. Garlic butter....

Yes! Garlic butter is so cool Grem! A real great taste when spooned into the pot with the mushrooms and onions. Didn't have any though so it will be the Aldi peppercorn sachets instead. Nearly there, once I clear the last asshole off the email. Mad at this time of night.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Happy Birthday Grandeeod! Enjoy that steak.
    Hugs to Seph.

Honeybear didn’t say “Oiche mhaith, Codladh Sámh!“ tonight!

It’s a goodnight from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Happy Birthday Grandeeod - steak sounds yum. I get a gra for a bit of steak about once a month - I love a tender ribeye with lots of grainy mustard on the side.

It was another tiring day here - I feel I got nothing done and now I'm contemplating sleep. Night all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Autosport wrote: »
    Couchside chatting with my favourite man making plans for our Christmas shopping trip tomorrow :Dwhat has he let himself in for :D
    CrowdedHouse this time tomorrow

FearlessElementaryButterfly-size_restricted.gif

Cali_girl wrote: »
    :eek:

I mean I understand (sort of not really), and I know and love and respect many vegans and vegetarians and pescatarians, but part of me will always be, but why? :o

I'm not vegan or vegetarian but I very rarely eat meat tbh,my lot love chicken and I'm always cooking it but would never eat it apart from a pick,I'm a total grazer tbh ,I eat loads just not actual meals if that makes sense, I love going out for meals but always take a fish dish, weird I suppose but it works for me.

BTW I loved your poetry quote the other night, very apt for me,just need to put it into practice, I'm ashamed to say that I haven't moved on from something that happened to me 5 years ago, its like one step forward two steps back,it ridiculous but it's on my mind 24/7..think I'm a lot cause tbh...bedside, thank God its warmer tonight.

• Advertisement

I had to literally drag the Cat downstairs for the supper. Chomping away now, then out for a pee - not me the Cat.:D I'll be eating a lot later than planned and then bed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement