Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Back at the tech desk finishing off stuff. I must say that I do some fab work with a few jars on me! A little bit to go and then more down time and a snack.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Bash us out something now sure :pac:

..Close the door, light the light, we're stayin' at home tonight, far away from the bustle and the bright city lights. Let them all fade away just leave us alone and we'll live in a world of our own...

It's dark wet and windy 7C
    :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

..Close the door, light the light, we're stayin' at home tonight, far away from the bustle and the bright city lights. Let them all fade away just leave us alone and we'll live in a world of our own...

It's dark wet and windy 7C
    :D

Such a great performance, people are throwing flowers at you! :O

giphy.gif

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

So rosemantic (as we say around here!)

Fireside watching Escape to the Chateau.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

honeybear wrote: »
    So rosemantic (as we say around here!)

Fireside watching Escape to the Chateau.

I think I must have watched it every time it's repeated HB, and yet I have it on again here too !

• Advertisement

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I think I must have watched it every time it's repeated HE , and yet I have it on again here too !

Ideal wedding venue Mam ... just saying!

Nearly done at the tech desk. Waiting for the okay.:(

Ideal wedding venue Mam ... just saying!

For Auto and CH ?

For Auto and CH ?

Definitely!
    Who are you rooting for in I’m a Celebrity Mam?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

^^^.one of v. Few things I'd watch.I like their can do attitude. Thought it had ended last year apart from repeats.

Bonkers ex making problems. Hates that I'm happy now! Gobsh1te. I'll never get him out of my life fully so I have to accept what I can't change.

Enjoying the heavy patter of rain against the windows.

• Advertisement

Definitely!
    Who are you rooting for in I’m a Celebrity Mam?

I like Caitlyn , want to see more of Ian and Andrew tbh . You ?

^^^.one of v. Few things I'd watch.I like their can do attitude. Thought it had ended last year apart from repeats.

Bonkers ex making problems. Hates that I'm happy now! Gobsh1te. I'll never get him out of my life fully so I have to accept what I can't change.

Enjoying the heavy patter of rain against the windows.

Only kids and property keep an ex in your life. Property can be sold. Kids get older and more independent, then you can deal with them directly. Goodbye ex! Been there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Hitting the hay here, going to set the alarm for a bit earlier than usual because if this biblical rain continues then the morning commute could be somewhat challenging, night all.

I like Caitlyn , want to see more of Ian and Andrew tbh . You ?

Not sure yet. This eating trial is horrific

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nerding out 🤓🤓 deskside with an episode of the "Computer Chronicles" from 1993, amazing how far we've come since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Couchside, just finished the first of 3 essays I have to do before the end of the semester. Relieved and feeling like a little bit of the pressure is off so I’m happy about that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I'm at work having a bit of food before we leave to do a few hours of outreach around the city center. It would have to be a bad night. Then back here for 2am, do the paperwork, maybe get a bit of sleep and off to college in the morning. Bloody exhausted just thinking about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Bed. Fairly knackered.
    Another early start tomorrow, up the N11 once more. No predicting traffic, some days you fly up and others are like this morning, ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Nerding out 🤓🤓 deskside with an episode of the "Computer Chronicles" from 1993, amazing how far we've come since then!

Been a few changes alright but 1993 is only yesterday :(

I started out on this stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Thank you all for your thoughts. Mum was smiling when we left her. She is on a trolley still but no longer on a corridor and in the medical assessment unit rather than ED.

I am tired and sore but heading to bed soon so all is well. Will have to go over for her tomorrow and hopefully take her home.

• Advertisement

Got the okay from the tech desk with small crap to sort. Mundane is hardly a word that covers it - really.:D Tomorrow!

Gonna have a snifter and then a smoked cheese toastie and hunky dorys. Pretty hungry still!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Evening troops :)
    Feeling giddy here for some reason :)
    About this wedding...... will there be wkd and apple sours ??????????

Off to Leabaland. Christmas “show” practice begins tomorrow. Night! Night! Codladh Sámh!

Skybirdjb wrote: »
    Evening troops :)
    Feeling giddy here for some reason :)
    About this wedding...... will there be wkd and apple sours ??????????

Where do I start Sky?????

Nothing has been confirmed except the potential guest list. Whoever goes from here will not bring a plus one. Personally I'll be picking a plus one from this thread. Duvet had volunteered Mamof4 for me, but doesn't realise that I may pick her. Me and Mam are hedging our bets. But then I may pick you if you show up.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Skybirdjb

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Where do I start Sky?????

Nothing has been confirmed except the potential guest list. Whoever goes from here will not bring a plus one. Personally I'll be picking a plus one from this thread. Duvet had volunteered Mamof4 for me, but doesn't realise that I may pick her. Me and Mam are hedging our bets. But then I may pick you if you show up.:D

Sounds fun as long as maniac 2000 is played I’m there :)

Could do with a fun cheer me up night out !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Only kids and property keep an ex in your life. Property can be sold. Kids get older and more independent, then you can deal with them directly. Goodbye ex! Been there.

The sane ones... I feel guilty, for ending it...15 year relationship, and a more recent ex said It's my fault he's too attached to me as I went back to him when he was suicidal...tried to get him to get help but even if he goes to the doctor he takes sonething up the wring way, has a strop, walks out. I feel desperately sorry for him but he needs help and is impossible to deal with. It's a real love/hate thing from him, and I feel nothing but sadness for him.

The wedding talk has cheered me up again though. This is such a nice thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,235 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

We're going through the guest list at the moment so far I think everyone is invited but there's a big hold up

He hasn't asked me to marry him :D

Now couchside pondering our future :D

The sane ones... I feel guilty, for ending it...15 year relationship, and a more recent ex said It's my fault he's too attached to me as I went back to him when he was suicidal...tried to get him to get help but even if he goes to the doctor he takes sonething up the wring way, has a strop, walks out. I feel desperately sorry for him but he needs help and is impossible to deal with. It's a real love/hate thing from him, and I feel nothing but sadness for him.

The wedding talk has cheered me up again though. This is such a nice thread.

Ah Widders, my heart goes out to you. So many aspects to your story. I'm not qualified, but you need to detach. You know that already. You are not responsible for his issues. I had similar experiences, but I stood by her, got dug in and then got dumped like a hot snot once she got sorted. It was a life/relationship changer for me.

Mrs G and me are married over 16 years now. My soul mate. She went through a bad patch over the last few years with Cancer and Stroke. Thank feck she is still with me. But we have a connection. Its hard to explain. She appreciates my support despite her own troubles and that appreciation keeps me going.

Watched My Yellow Brick Road , ah God , my heart went out to Roger . I hope it truly was a life changing experience for him , he deserves it to be .

In my bed , dog in hers , wondering if CH's dogs will be ring bearers ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

That sounds rough Widdershins but they are adults, you don't owe them anything. Being selfish has a bad reputation and deservedly so but sometimes in life you just have to be selfish and put yourself first. You can't fix everyone else's problems for them, you can't help people who won't help themselves.

This is such a nice thread.
    I know I feel the same way, that's why I pop in occasionally. I'll come in, soak up some of the niceness, do a little bit of messing and then be on my way. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement