Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Yes, I think poor old Elbow

One of the blandest 'big' acts about IMO

I get the shivers just thinking of that day like this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,619 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

maximoose wrote: »

Best song ever about curtains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

maximoose wrote: »

I've no real issue with Elbow; I just think they'd be a really uninteresting booking on the basis that they play here so often.

3 Arena next year, Forbidden Fruit this year, 3 Arena (2018), Live at the Marquee (2017), Olympia x2 (2017)...

Fans aren't short of opportunities to see them.

Now that's not unique to Elbow - Foals who I suggested as potential headliners never seem to be away for long, and the National (my favourite band and this year's headline act) are here every fortnight basically. (18 gigs since 2010 according to setlist.fm. F*cking hell!!)

That said, it's something that is likely to happen more and more now - bands can only really make their money on tours so are likely to tour a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I'm not expecting Elbow at this stage due to the March gig.

They are made for the older ATN demographic though. They'd be a very safe headliner on one of the evenings.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Is there any chance for ELO? New album out. But would they big too big for ATN?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Gus Ivey wrote: »
    Is there any chance for ELO? New album out. But would they big too big for ATN?

Not sure they would be. They sold out the 3 arena but nowhere bigger. They have played a few times but not too often. They would be a great shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Gus Ivey

Not sure they would be. They sold out the 3 arena but nowhere bigger. They have played a few times but not too often. They would be a great shout.

'Dial-up ATNers' could have been a little nod to Telephone Line.
    I think they would suit ATN to the ground, finishing off on Sunday night.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

They are made for the older ATN demographic though.

We may be old, but it doesn't mean we can't still break a hip dancing to something a bit more upbeat than Elbow

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Peesh89

Oh my giddy aunt. I wouldn't have even considered this but now you've said it I'm going to put all my energy in to wishing for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I would have said the opposite.

They're pretty much completely out of kilter with what I'd be expecting, based on the headliners from the last 2 years, and the festival's demographic:

Fleet Foxes
    Underworld
    Roisin Murphy

The National
    Patti Smith
    Hot Chip
    Jon Hopkins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

I do have a real soft spot for Elbow, as they were the first dance at my wedding (not grounds for divorce) and they have plenty of quality tunes. Agree though that they may not be great for a festival closing spot.

Really hoping for Public Service Broadcasting to be announced at some point for next year. Really think they’d fit the ATN vibe so well. Their set at the B&S stage in EP a few years back was awesome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Could the chemical brothers potentially headline next year? A quick look at their live dates... nothing for 2020 as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Le Bruise wrote: »
    I do have a real soft spot for Elbow, as they were the first dance at my wedding (not grounds for divorce) and they have plenty of quality tunes. Agree though that they may not be great for a festival closing spot.

Really hoping for Public Service Broadcasting to be announced at some point for next year. Really think they’d fit the ATN vibe so well. Their set at the B&S stage in EP a few years back was awesome!!
    Yeah, PBS are tailor made for ATN. They'd be ideal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Cant see ELO to be honest. Have they ever been booked at an Irish festival before? Theyd be an unknown quantity as an initial act announcement, but I wouldnt expect there to be much buzz around the target audience. I'm also not sure ELOs fanbase would be all that interested in a camping festival tbh.

Chemical Brothers could be a good shout. I'd personally be hugely underwhelmed, having seen them 4 times already, with the same visuals for Hey Boy Hey Girl every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭hibsman

Coz wrote: »
    EP Sunday gig a few years back was amazing!

Garvey had the crowd in the palm of his hand

Excellent Marquee gig in Cork a few years back too, maybe heavily dependent on suitable venue, wouldn't be rushing to them in 3 arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Scooby rot

I'm hoping that the clue was dial up! https://youtu.be/4BQsJb7w83w

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Hoping they announce this morning!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Hoping they announce this morning!

Come on REO Speedwagon!

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

I'm hoping for Earth, Wind and Fire or Kool and the Gang.

In reality if either of these were announced i'd be feckin delighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

it's Iggy Pop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

I can't see The Chemical Brothers, they are an MCD act, and I reckon they'll be at EP next year (again)

Iggy Pop is unexpected - good headliner, though.

Aside from obviously being a legend and fitting with Pod's brand, Iggy's recent solo stuff is really good too. Post Pop Depression is a cracking album.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Blackie_IRL

Someone mentioned Thom Yorke earlier, he is touring Europe in June and July so it makes sense, is it the type of early announcement that would shift tickets though?

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    it's Iggy Pop

Any confirmation of this

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭eplady2017

Pet Shop Boys have just released their European tour dates. No Irish dates. Could they be Waterford bound???

Any confirmation of this

They've sent out an email - they don't appear to have tweeted or anything, though.

They've sent out an email - they don't appear to have tweeted or anything, though.

I just checked my email and see that. Very happy with that. Nice to see them booking these kind of acts. He is going to rock

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

Any confirmation of this

facebook post

• Registered Users Posts: 12,619 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Iggy is a great booking

We will return for our Third Chapter next year, for a weekend of freedom, inspiration and escapism through music, spoken word, comedy, theatre, debate, art, workshops, feasts of food and bespoke cocktails. ������☀️��

We are delighted to welcome the godfather of punk to Curraghmore and back to Ireland for his first performance here in 12 years.

‘There is extreme, there is legendary — and then there is Iggy Pop’ Rolling Stone

Iggy Pop is the first of many to be announced in the new year, across All Together Now's 16 stages of music, theatre, comedy, spoken word & more.

Widely acknowledged as one of the most dynamic stage performers of all time, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame legend Iggy Pop has been described as ‘the archetypal cult hero, the primaeval punk, the quintessential rock star who preceded rock 'n' roll’ (SPIN) and his recently released studio album Free are just some of the highlights of an epic career filled with critical acclaim and fanatic cult success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I'm impressed with this announcement, not going to lie.

Suits the ATN brand, Iggy is a class performer and a huge name as a first announcement.

Nicely done ATN

Advertisement