Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Together Now 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Aphex Twin

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Someone mentioned Elbow earlier. With PODs habit of repeating acts for it's festivals i'd say thats a good shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

I wouldnt be surprised to see Elbow headlining, but it would be strange to see them announced until after their own headline show in the 3 Arena, which i dont think is sold out. Their last one in the 3 didnt come close to selling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Peesh89

The announcement and video are bit cryptic, "Dial-up ATN'ers!" ,and the video has an old computer with the dial up noise!

Im going to guess Thom Yorke....

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4uM0PWHeL_/

Radiohead rumours are always rife around this time but if they were trying to hint at the headliner, the amount of computer references in the announcement - emojis and video content - would point towards a certain Ok Computering musical act. And just to be more cryptic... it's the third instalment of ATN and that was the third album.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

the video has an old computer

Phil Oakey and Giorgio Moroder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Didn't last year's teaser video include an old style TV which, when switched on, revealed the National as headliners?

Not sure you can read too much into that being a computer tbh!!

At least that's what I'm telling myself - I can't make the festival next year so to miss Thom Yorke would be a nightmare!! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭rubick

ILIKEFOOD wrote: »
    it's going to be future sounds of london 'live' via ISDN

:pac::pac:

*immediately buys ticket*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Could be kraftwerk

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Peesh89

Didn't last year's teaser video include an old style TV which, when switched on, revealed the National as headliners?

Not sure you can read too much into that being a computer tbh!!

At least that's what I'm telling myself - I can't make the festival next year so to miss Thom Yorke would be a nightmare!! :L

hahah I'm absolutely poking all the radiohead bears that are always looking out for every single reason for them to be playing any festival :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Could be kraftwerk

were promoted by Aiken when they played here last year too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Aphex Twin

Was thinking this too especially when I heard the electronic squelch, or griffdaddy's prediction of Kraftwerk. Both of these would be fecking mighty.

The audio on that instagram sounded like one of the tracks from the Japanese cassette that had been sold at the gig Aphex played in 2017, considering he's played Forbidden Fruit twice, I'd say he might be a good candidate.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Kraftwerk are a good shout. Headlined the first Longitude back when it was more like ATN than a leaving cert rite of passage.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭boomshakalaka

I'm clueless when it comes to guessing announcements but both Kraftwerk and Aphex Twin would be very nice.

I'm expecting a headliner that's more indie tho a la the National.

Radiohead.. one can dream

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Kraftwerk would be a class headliner but I wouldn't read too much into the old computer either. I too think they will go with an indie type headliner, would not fancy Elbow myself.

Who would the dream first headliner be for you guys? I would love any of the following.

The War on Drugs
    Arcade Fire
    New Order
    Tame Impala

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Would love to see RATM again but I would suspect that would be wishful thinking for ATN :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Kraftwerk would be a class headliner but I wouldn't read too much into the old computer either. I too think they will go with an indie type headliner, would not fancy Elbow myself.

Who would the dream first headliner be for you guys? I would love any of the following.

The War on Drugs
    Arcade Fire
    New Order
    Tame Impala

Loathe as I aim to go too high, I don't think Arcade Fire are out of reach. I think it would tickle their fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Tame Impala
    Air
    Thom Yorke
    Caribou

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Stillill42 wrote: »
    Loathe as I aim to go too high, I don't think Arcade Fire are out of reach. I think it would tickle their fancy.
    Don't get my hopes up! :(

I can't see them touring again before another album though tbh!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The Kinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭rubick

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Got those tasty, delicious Aiken Promotions connections.

• Advertisement

rubick wrote: »
    King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. Got those tasty, delicious Aiken Promotions connections.

Oh lord please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭RINO87

rubick wrote: »

Oh yeah!! Please not Elbow, please please please not Elbow!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

RINO87 wrote: »
    Oh yeah!! Please not Elbow, please please please not Elbow!
    I can't think of a more disappointing headliner than them..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Basq wrote: »
    I can't think of a more disappointing headliner than them..

Musical equivalent of wet socks. Although actually, at least wet socks inspire some sort of feeling.

Even the name is just so uninspiring. Elbow. The least exciting part of the arm.

Tedious, dull ****e.

IDLES have strong Aiken links

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭SoundOfSilence

Just saw that Elbow have their own 3 arena gig in March so i'd seriously doubt they're going to be announced this week anyway.

Idles are a good shout although would they have the same drive in terms of tickets sales, being the first headliner announced?

Would rule Bon Iver out also as they've got their own 3 arena gig which hasn't sold out.

In short, I've actually no idea who'll be announced this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,232 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

D.Q wrote: »
    Musical equivalent of wet socks. Although actually, at least wet socks inspire some sort of feeling.

Even the name is just so uninspiring. Elbow. The least exciting part of the arm.

Tedious, dull ****e.

Excellent musicians, with excellent songs.
    Ideal lying down in the main arena with the sun going down music.

Not very good for a Festival headliner on a Sat or Sunday night tho ! (Ala Fleet Foxes ,amazing band, but too mellow to close a days music !)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Yes, I think poor old Elbow have got a raw deal here. I always thought they suited a lower stratosphere better. If they could just come over to Dublin and do Whelans gigs, they'd be great. They still are great songwriters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Just saw that Elbow have their own 3 arena gig in March so i'd seriously doubt they're going to be announced this week anyway.

Idles are a good shout although would they have the same drive in terms of tickets sales, being the first headliner announced?

Would rule Bon Iver out also as they've got their own 3 arena gig which hasn't sold out.

In short, I've actually no idea who'll be announced this week.

I think Idles would be a pretty decent announcement but they certainly don't have the name recognition that plenty of the other acts mentioned here do. If Aiken/Pod are concerned about fallout from this year's festival, they'll want to start strong and, as such, might hold off Idles until the second announcement (for example!).

I haven't a notion who to expect tbh. Bon Iver is a no-go like you say. Since Elbow already have a 2020 show, I would say they won't be announced first either.

If Arcade Fire were to be announced, they would likely do so as part of a worldwide tour/confirmation of the Funeral anniversary tour/announcement of a new album and, tbh, none of that appears to be forthcoming at present. They are also strongly rumoured for Primavera and All Points East in early June so they might be more likely for an earlier summer show here if they are touring again.

I think Tame Impala is likely headed for Electric Picnic - they just seem to be on the trajectory to do larger shows/festivals everywhere, though I don't really see why (good band but they seemed to go from pretty popular to mega popular without actually releasing any new music; very interested to see the response to the new album) - but maybe someone like Foals? They're popular but not as popular as the others and I'm not aware of any 2020 shows in Ireland yet. New album a few weeks ago, played headline show here earlier this year in Trinity so might be more on the festival circuit in 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Coz

Stillill42 wrote:
    Yes, I think poor old Elbow have got a raw deal here. I always thought they suited a lower stratosphere better. If they could just come over to Dublin and do Whelans gigs, they'd be great. They still are great songwriters.

EP Sunday gig a few years back was amazing!

Garvey had the crowd in the palm of his hand

Advertisement