Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York Jets Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭corner back 2

hots wrote: »
    Jesus if Bell does go you'd have to think Adams would want out too, they are the voice and top performers of the team and have both been pros throughout this **** show.

Latest rumour is Adams to the Cowboys possibly. Cant justify trading away what little talent the Jets have.

Deadline passed and only Williams traded. Seemingly Cowboys and Ravens were serious about Adam's but wouldn't pay price Jets were asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭phatkev

I imagine the locker room will be a right laugh over the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Bell's video is perfect, didn't think it would be him being the team guy and Adams with the dodgy posts... Can't really blame him but hopefully Bell can rally the troops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

In the future when sports writers recall the 10 Most Embarrassing Moments In NY Jets History... the entire 2019 season might make the top of the list.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

notobtuse wrote: »
    In the future when sports writers recall the 10 Most Embarrassing Moments In NY Jets History... the entire 2019 season might make the top of the list.

Definitely!! The **** hitting the fan today again after a press conference by Adams. He is definitely being a diva about it but some blame has to go to the Jets for being the only organisation to conduct all their deadline business in public. Too many leaks from the organisation and not too difficult to figure out where they are coming from when Adams is getting killed by the Jets beat writers and Joe Douglas being lavished with praise.

Definitely!! The **** hitting the fan today again after a press conference by Adams. He is definitely being a diva about it but some blame has to go to the Jets for being the only organisation to conduct all their deadline business in public. Too many leaks from the organisation and not too difficult to figure out where they are coming from when Adams is getting killed by the Jets beat writers and Joe Douglas being lavished with praise.

This was literally the only good thing about Mike Maccagnan, very little got out of the front office

Really childish behaviour from Adams, I've absolutely no problem with teams answering a phone call, the better players on struggling teams are always going to draw interest. I'm sure if the Jets were actively shopping him, they would have done it long before the last 2 hours of the trade window, and while Adams is a good player comparing himself to a 2 time DPOY and Tom Brady is laughable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭franglan

Mad stuff from Adams. He's a solid safety. Nowhere near All-Pro level since coming into the league and definately not a guy to have in the shotgun! Needs to stop being so attention seeking and concentrate on his football and developing a culture in the órganisation that he keeps going on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,064 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Why is Bilal Powell in getting carries? Something wrong with Bell?

(Following on Gamecast, the reddit's useless today)

• Advertisement

That was probably the worst ever. Stream gave up on the last drive but saw the rest. I should have known it was going to happen as my five year girl told me the Dolphins would win. When I tried to explain the Dolphins were trying to lose she was having none of it!

Im not usually a fan of calling for a coach to be fired in their first season but Gase has to go. This is easily the worst run of Jets performances I've witnessed since the Koite era! Darnold is regressing, Bell's skillset is basically being ignored, they're committing penalties at an even higher rate than they did under Bowles (which I didnt think was possible) and its nearly guaranteed that he'll take zero blame for that game today in his presser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭franglan

I would stíll be surprised if there's a clear out this week.

phatkev wrote: »
    Im not usually a fan of calling for a coach to be fired in their first season but Gase has to go. This is easily the worst run of Jets performances I've witnessed since the Koite era! Darnold is regressing, Bell's skillset is basically being ignored, they're committing penalties at an even higher rate than they did under Bowles (which I didnt think was possible) and its nearly guaranteed that he'll take zero blame for that game today in his presser

Yeah f*ck it that game has turned me. That was that bad last night that you'd nearly go full madden rebuild mode. Compare us with Miami, and for the first game in a while we clearly have more talented individuals on the pitch, and yet there was never a fear of us winning that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Broadway Joe

Just watched the game there now. That was a pathetic performance all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Is there something that falls below 'rock bottom?'

How do you lose to a team that does not want to win?

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

Trumaine Johnson gone for the rest of the season, and probably for good. What a bust, how can someone signed for such major $$ be pretty much a complete failure from day one. I suppose Johnson did make a few plays, but for the kind of money he got, a lot more was due.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28015460/jets-place-cb-trumaine-johnson-ir-ankle-injuries

Be a long time before this train-wreck of a team is watchable again.

Igotadose wrote: »
    Trumaine Johnson gone for the rest of the season, and probably for good. What a bust, how can someone signed for such major $$ be pretty much a complete failure from day one. I suppose Johnson did make a few plays, but for the kind of money he got, a lot more was due.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28015460/jets-place-cb-trumaine-johnson-ir-ankle-injuries

Be a long time before this train-wreck of a team is watchable again.

tru off the field is no loss, would love to know if there's any way possible to ditch that waste of space.

Well, the 1st quarter for the Giants is entertaining for Jets fans. 2 TD's, a 4th down conversion, 2 completions by Darnold with defenders wrapped around him, including 1 for a TD with a nifty jig by Crowder to get into the end zone.

Still early. Still the Jets.

• Advertisement

Great first quarter for the Jets offense, the Giants defense adjusted accordingly and the offense has been anaemic since. Its almost like Gase doesn't have a plan b, very similar story to last week

Wins a win, defense stepped up. That late 'incomplete forward pass' by Jones should've been a fumble imo, game would've been over earlier.

No running game. Not much O-line still. Long slog ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Broadway Joe

I'm so glad we won, cos literally every other team I support in other sports lost today. I was expecting the Jets to be the only loss but they were the only win, salvaged my day thankfully!

phatkev wrote: »
    Great first quarter for the Jets offense, the Giants defense adjusted accordingly and the offense has been anaemic since. Its almost like Gase doesn't have a plan b, very similar story to last week

It was a bit strange, started with lots of nice short sharp stuff, and then Q2/3 I don't think we attempted anything less than 10/15 yard passes. One refreshing thing to see was TEs being used more creatively, Wesco had a coupple of nice impact blocks (and a bit of a bizarre carry), Herndon back is nice.

We're going to be Jets with a capital J and get enough wins to scupper any draft value.

It was a bit strange, started with lots of nice short sharp stuff, and then Q2/3 I don't think we attempted anything less than 10/15 yard passes. One refreshing thing to see was TEs being used more creatively, Wesco had a coupple of nice impact blocks (and a bit of a bizarre carry), Herndon back is nice.

We're going to be Jets with a capital J and get enough wins to scupper any draft value.

Absolutely, I can see it already. They end up with 5-6 wins, the FO praise Gase for getting them with a depleted roster, they miss out on an elite talent in the draft and then rinse and repeat for next season:mad:

Think we end with 4 wins which should have us picking in the top 10. I think the Redskins and Bengals and Dolphins are all beatable but we will probably find a way to lose one of those. Any team with a pass rush will trouble the Jets. The biggest danger is Sam getting hot and winning 2 more which would bring us to 6 wins and probably picking in 10-12 range. Not as concerned about draft position as what position it is used on. Should be good O line available at that point. A lot will depend on free agency.

Herndon back is nice.

Herndon onto the IR for the rest of the season, fractured rib. Guard Brian Winters gone, too.

When a team is bad, everyone can't wait to get on the injured list. Why play hurt when there's no playoff payoff possibility?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭The Good Ole Boys

Is Sam Darnold a busted flush?

Is Sam Darnold a busted flush?

I'd like to see him play behind a semi competent oline and an actual HC before I make any judgements on him

• Advertisement

Igotadose wrote: »
    Herndon onto the IR for the rest of the season, fractured rib. Guard Brian Winters gone, too.

When a team is bad, everyone can't wait to get on the injured list. Why play hurt when there's no playoff payoff possibility?

Pretty sure Winters has been playing with his shoulder hanging off since the pre season. Probably the reason he's been even sh1tter than normal!

Advertisement