Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Apple TV+

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Everyone (bar one I think) has their phone on silent/vibrate as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,357 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I’ve only watched the first two episodes of The Morning Show so far but I’m liking it. Episode 2 is especially good. I think the fact it comes for free with the student music plan makes it easier to enjoy in fairness. If I was paying I’d be more critical. Until Apple adds a substantial amount of extra content I can’t see anybody pay for it. Hopefully it gets better as the months go on. With Disney+ and Apple TV+ its only going to be better for consumers.

Funny, I never notice product placement in movies and tv shows. I either overlook it or am actually subliminally being advertised to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

DubDJ wrote: »
    With Disney+ and Apple TV+ its only going to be better for consumers.

I don’t know - I’m not looking forward to a world whereby a couple of US companies start building an almost oligopoly on content production and distribution globally. It might seem great at first when they are giving cheap/free access but in the long term I think it will result in content uniformisation and not so cheap service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Just binge watched The Morning Show, Im impressed with the production quality giving how new Apple are to this. Cant wait for Season 2

Bob24 wrote: »
    I don’t know - I’m not looking forward to a world whereby a couple of US companies start building an almost oligopoly on content production and distribution globally. It might seem great at first when they are giving cheap/free access but in the long term I think it will result in content uniformisation and not so cheap service.

While Netflix, Disney, Apple already being established companies with a lot of cash behind them, there are also other competitors such as HBO Max, Amazon Prime, NowTV etc. The more the better in my opinion. Although Netflix is still the king at the moment, I can see things starting to change in the coming months. There’s far more choice than just a couple of providers. Even more local options such as RTE/Virgin Media players and BBC player are adding to that mix.

I know not all these services are, or will be, available in Ireland but I think as long as there’s competition popping up it means the days of the rip-off sky and VM tv packages will be numbered. I find the mix of content available to be really varied and there will always be more niche services such as Shudder which adds to the competition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

I think Disney + will be the one to beat in terms of pricing if you get Hulu bundled too. It will be interesting to see if Disney create any new shows like Apple are doing. It should be releasing here early next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,554 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I’m liking the morning show so far. Love to know where the rumour of Apple TV+ being family friendly came from. Within the first minute someone said f*ck and within 20 minutes the line “I didn’t jizz into a flower in front of anyone” made me lol. Whilst you don’t need profanity to make a good show it just shows you can never really believe the rumours.

Only an episode in so far but will definitely watch more.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,554 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Mr.S wrote: »
    The constant iPhone promo is quite funny :D

In fairness if you walked into any studio in america you’d be hard pushed to find an android phone.

Will licensed content appear on Apple TV+ in the future or will it just be Apple originals?

• Advertisement

There’s no way to watch this on a TV without an Apple TV box is there? Me and the boss were going to watch this together but there’s only one ipad in the house and we’re not huddling around that.

There’s no way to watch this on a TV without an Apple TV box is there? Me and the boss were going to watch this together but there’s only one ipad in the house and we’re not huddling around that.

Supposedly an app coming out on Smart TVs at the end of the month

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Shn99 wrote: »
    Will licensed content appear on Apple TV+ in the future or will it just be Apple originals?

Eventually maybe but I wouldn't hold my breath. Apple have been trying to do deal with content providers for a streaming bundle for years without success. The writing is on the wall for licensed catalogues anyway. The studios have been turning the screws on Netflix for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Shn99 wrote: »
    Supposedly an app coming out on Smart TVs at the end of the month
    Already on some of the newer TV,s Lg and Samsung. Also on the Roku.

I’ve a Shield and I’m guessing we’ll never see an app for that. Tried install an AirPlay receiver too and it didn’t work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

I'm watching the The Morning show on my MacBook now, so this show needs no subscription then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    I'm watching the The Morning show on my MacBook now, so this show needs no subscription then?

First episode is free, need a sub or trial after that.

Eventually maybe but I wouldn't hold my breath. Apple have been trying to do deal with content providers for a streaming bundle for years without success. The writing is on the wall for licensed catalogues anyway. The studios have been turning the screws on Netflix for a while now.

I also think limiting it to its own content is a deliberate strategy from Apple so they they can keep things simple and roll out the exact same thing in every market.

Right now Apple are focusing on original content only, there’s no details on if they’ll eventually offer a back catalog, maybe they’ll buy a company and use that to fill in the gaps. Right now they seem to be the only one offering purely original stuff.

Regarding availability, you can watch Apple TV+ on iPhone/iPod/iPad, Mac, Apple TV. It’s also available on the web at tv.apple.com.

App is on Amazon fire sticks and Roku as well. The only smart tv that has the app at the moment is the Samsung one, looks like Sony is about to release an app very soon.

Really annoying LG tv’s don’t have the app or plans to add it yet. Seems one of the biggest manufacturers and annoying not having it.

I can see the app eventually making its way to android, if they have Apple Music there and there’s already a lot of devices supporting the tv app it seems like only a matter of time. FireTV is a fork on Android anyway so most of the work is probably already done.

Watched all the available episodes of the Morning Show, really enjoyed it. Think I’ll give See a watch next, that and For All Mankind are the only other two I was mainly looking forward to.

DubDJ wrote: »
    Right now Apple are focusing on original content only, there’s no details on if they’ll eventually offer a back catalog, maybe they’ll buy a company and use that to fill in the gaps. Right now they seem to be the only one offering purely original stuff.

Regarding availability, you can watch Apple TV+ on iPhone/iPod/iPad, Mac, Apple TV. It’s also available on the web at tv.apple.com.

App is on Amazon fire sticks and Roku as well. The only smart tv that has the app at the moment is the Samsung one, looks like Sony is about to release an app very soon.

Really annoying LG tv’s don’t have the app or plans to add it yet. Seems one of the biggest manufacturers and annoying not having it.

I can see the app eventually making its way to android, if they have Apple Music there and there’s already a lot of devices supporting the tv app it seems like only a matter of time. FireTV is a fork on Android anyway so most of the work is probably already done.

Watched all the available episodes of the Morning Show, really enjoyed it. Think I’ll give See a watch next, that and For All Mankind are the only other two I was mainly looking forward to.

Nice one, never thought of that. That'll work on the Shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

I got an old iPhone from work(SE) that was sitting in the office for a couple of years but had never been taken out of the box.

I set it up initially under my iTunes account as I had to use it for a day or so before it could be unlocked(it was locked to Vodafone under business contract)

Anyway to my surprise yesterday, I got a pop up on my iPad to say that I had a free 12 month trial as I had purchased a new iPhone recently.
    I didn’t think that booting up and setting up an old iPhone for the first time would qualify as a “new purchases” but it was a nice surprise.

adox wrote: »
    I got an old iPhone from work(SE) that was sitting in the office for a couple of years but had never been taken out of the box.

I set it up initially under my iTunes account as I had to use it for a day or so before it could be unlocked(it was locked to Vodafone under business contract)

Anyway to my surprise yesterday, I got a pop up on my iPad to say that I had a free 12 month trial as I had purchased a new iPhone recently.
    I didn’t think that booting up and setting up an old iPhone for the first time would qualify as a “new purchases” but it was a nice surprise.

I remember years ago with an LG G4 getting 100GB of Google Drive free with it and all I ever had to do was factory reset it and set it up again to keep it on. Worked for about 5 years. I'd say these things are just automatic do fleece them when you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭pad199207

Is the morning show season 1 only three episodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,119 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

pad199207 wrote: »

No there are 10 episodes in season 1 they only released 3 episodes on the first day the other 7 episodes will air weekly from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

pad199207 wrote: »

No, they're going to release a new episode every week after the initial 3 episode launch.

I suppose the thinking is that if they released them all at once, people would binge watch on the free week and then cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭pad199207

No, they're going to release a new episode every week after the initial 3 episode launch.

I suppose the thinking is that if they released them all at once, people would binge watch on the free week and then cancel.

Well that’s what I wanted to do lol. Now they have me the feckers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Watched the first 3 episodes of the morning show, Liking it so far and looking forward to the next one this friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

Picked up an Apple Watch series 5 at the airport this week, disappointed that I didn’t get a year of Apple TV+ with it.

Anybody who has it reckon it’s worth €5 a month?

iniall wrote: »
    Picked up an Apple Watch series 5 at the airport this week, disappointed that I didn’t get a year of Apple TV+ with it.

It really depends on personal taste and what you are looking for in a streaming service (for exemple, if you are looking for movies you are out of luck).

I think the first episodes of some of the shows are free without a subscription and there is a 7 days trial? Given the small amount of content available that should give a decent taster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

iniall wrote: »

No, the price is laughable. Only Apple could get away with it. But as it stands it's free to most users. Everyone else isn't missing much.

Advertisement