Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple TV+

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Is there an option to stop the TV app from automatically playing the next episode of a show?

I have tried Google and the Apple support pages but all I get is how to disable previews in the Top Shelf.

I tried a call with Apple Support but the agent said she had the solution I lost all my signal bars.

I don’t think there is an option. At least not that I found using the app installed on an LG TV.

What you can do is press the back button once the row of shows with the little circle countdown pops up. This stops the auto play but it is manual, and you need to do it at the end of every show. I’m guessing your question was to have an option to disable it automatically for all episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

DubDJ wrote: »
    I don’t think there is an option. At least not that I found using the app installed on an LG TV.

What you can do is press the back button once the row of shows with the little circle countdown pops up. This stops the auto play but it is manual, and you need to do it at the end of every show. I’m guessing your question was to have an option to disable it automatically for all episodes.

I know how to stop it manually as you described but I am certain that an older tvOS had the option to disable this kind of autoplay completely.

Anybody else having a problem with Disney+ shows on the TV app?

Every now and again the episode I just watched stays in the Up Next and the progress bar shows the episode as partially watched even though I finished it and just let the credits run. So it isn’t putting the next episode in the queue.

This doesn’t happen with every episode - just occasionally.

The only way to fix it is to manually mark the episode as Watched.

Has there been any details released on the structure Foundation will take?

They seem to have cast character from all over the series.

Are they going to start with the prequels or show those in flashbacks?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Today is the end of the extended year free trial for a large amount of people. If you don’t plan on paying for it cancel your subscription today before it renews for €4.99 tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Does Apple own the Apple Original series and movies?

See, For All Mankind and Central Park have Sony and Fox involvement and I was curious becasue I read a post a while back saying that Netflix doesn’t own any of their original content, they just have distribution deal for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Does Apple own the Apple Original series and movies?

See, For All Mankind and Central Park have Sony and Fox involvement and I was curious becasue I read a post a while back saying that Netflix doesn’t own any of their original content, they just have distribution deal for them.

Afaik Apple is much like Amazon, Netflix etc. They are distributors who often help finance in order to get exclusive rights, which obviously gives them creative power over the production. Other times they buy the rights after production has completed. Either way they own the distribution rights, though this can be complex and may only be for certain amount of time or in a certain territory.

In film and tv production, for legal and financial reasons, there's generally always a separate production company. Some are separate in name only while others are independent.

I started Tehran last night.

I think it will be a good series.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭iniall

Afaik Apple is much like Amazon, Netflix etc. They are distributors who often help finance in order to get exclusive rights, which obviously gives them creative power over the production. Other times they buy the rights after production has completed. Either way they own the distribution rights, though this can be complex and may only be for certain amount of time or in a certain territory.

In film and tv production, for legal and financial reasons, there's generally always a separate production company. Some are separate in name only while others are independent.

Apple is different than the likes of Netflix and Amazon in that they only produce original content, ie: they don’t licence content from anywhere else, so everything on Apple TV+ should stay there indefinitely, although they do pick stuff up - particularly movies such as Wolfwalkers and Greyhound - in bidding wars with other streaming services. In that sense they could be seen as a distributor, although they’re just distributing content on their own streaming service. All TV shows are made by production companies like Sony or Warner’s, having been commissioned by Apple/Netflix/etc in the first place. Skydance, for example, makers of Altered Carbon for Netflix, made Foundation (mostly in Limerick) for Apple. But Apple also has its own production company AFAIK, which will be producing original content starting later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Finished watching season two of Trying this week. Recommend giving it a watch, a feel good silly type of comedy. Definitely one of the more enjoyable shows for me so far.

In general I’ve enjoyed a lot of the Apple originals. For me, it’s something I’ll keep around after the free trial is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭mel123

Sorry now i know its probably been asked her before but i cant find the answer and google is telling me mixed reports. I want to cast my phone to my tv (old lg model and the app is not on it). Rather than paying over price for an apple tv, can i use the chromecast to watch apple tv? Dont want to buy another gadget if it wont work.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Full device list is here https://www.apple.com/ie/apple-tv-app/devices/

Looks like you need the Google Chromecast with GoogleTV which looks like to be the latest version. Does anyone in the house have a games console, PS4/5 and Xbox One/One S/Series S/Series X all have AppleTV+ apps

I am out of free trial but happy enough to pay €5 for Ted Lasso and Schmigadoon, and then wait on Foundation. Thats how they trap ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

Might have been mentioned before but there is a six month free trial available for new or returning customers on the Playstation 5

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kheb

Ted Lasso would be worth the money if I didn't have the free trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Installing an Apple TV box at home - I've the connections set up, and the remote paired, but now it's saying "the Apple TV activation server is currently unavailable", how do I troubleshoot this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

You got it connected to your network? If you have an iPhone on a recent iOS, tap it on the top of the ATV & it'll ask you if you want to load/share your settings, which will automate the process.

* also possible that either your BB is down or far less likely that the server is down

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Somehow managed to connect it to my home WiFi eventually, so up and running now.

In the UK, is Prime Video integrated into Apple’s TV app like Disney+ ?

I know it is in a few countries like the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 askpt

In Ireland is not integrated. For UK I don’t know

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

Amazon Prime video is just an app, similar to Disney, Netflix etc. It runs perfectly well on Apple TV 4k+ in Ireland. You will of course need a subscription to use it. If you got your Apple TV from Eir, they give you a free subscription to Amazon Prime Video. If you already have Amazon Prime for free parcel deliveries, Amazon also bundles in free Amazon Prime Video. The Apple TV platform is quite flexible - if you have Eir you can use the eir TV app to get all the Broadcast channels using IPTV (RTE, BBC etc). There are also apps from most TV stations for their catch-up services - RTE Player, Channel 4 Player etc.

I know it isn’t integrated here.

I was asking about whether it was in the UK as that would signify whether it was going to happen here.

Disney+ was integrated at launch in the U.K. but not here. It was oversight by Disney and the fixed after a few months after getting feedback from Irish subscribers

I don’t know why you are giving me a sales pitch for Prime Video.

it has nothing to do with what I asked.

thank you .

I did try Googling “AppleTV app prime U.K.” but I didn’t find this page

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Does Apple ID not accept Eircodes?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pnott

Discovery+ app is now supporting the Apple TV app in Ireland. Apple’s website still doesn’t list Ireland as a country with apps that support TV app integration. Currently the only apps I have come across that support the TV app here are: Disney+ Discovery+ and Funimation

Got the discovery+ notification yesterday! Waiting now for Prime Video to enable integration as well. I believe Netflix will never enable it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Getting 'video unavailable' today, no matter which show I try and open, Servant, Severance, etc. Tried quitting the app (LG TV) and going back to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Working on my Samsung 7 series ( few years old)

id unplug for a few minutes

or reinstall app again

Advertisement