Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Achill asylum centre cancelled - mod warning in OP (01/11/19)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

bubblypop wrote: »
    why do you think they did not leave?
    what do you think these 58,000 people are doing now?

Alot of them working in fast food restaurants.

so, there was a problem with 38 men, but is 13 women seen as better?
    why?
    and why can they not be housed there now?

It’s 38 men plus 13 women. The 13 women were added on, it was then said they would arrive first but now the plans are on hold, the media are pushing only the 13 women part.

Seriously, bubbly, having that many people arrive for an indefinite amount of time is a big ask of a community. They’re not tourists so you won’t be flogging Aran jumpers and shillelagh to them.

To lessen the culture shock to the locals, would it not be better to send 5 lads who have been granted work permits? Set them up in a house. The locals will then see them head off to work using the public transport links in the area. On the days they are not working, these lads will be in the shops saying hello to the locals as they buy their groceries. The locals then go “these are lovely lads, we wouldn’t mind a few more like this in Achill”

Bombarding people with the unknown isn’t fair.

Edit: I had community as around 100 people but googling says the population of keel where hotel is is 541

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

why do you think they did not leave?

Why would they leave is the question and is there proof of them leaving .

I highly doubt I'll get anything other than you know they left

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Gatling wrote: »

He knows that they've left because there's no proof of them staying, yet there's no proof to show they've left which would be very easy to find.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

The 13 women part is the main headline on RTE news at the moment

Protests still ongoing in Achill

• Advertisement

KrustyUCC wrote: »

And to think they have been labelled as racist by some.

And still not being ran on the Facebook page. They’re afraid of the comments being more factually correct than they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

When did the department change from 38 people to 13?

Yesterday

Edit: it could have been Wednesday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

Fann Linn wrote: »
    The Racist Map is getting larger. Roosky, Moville, Oughterard, Wicklow and now Achill.
    Coleman and NT breakfast should be fun tomorrow.

Nothing racist about Achill concerns and protests

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

When did the department change from 38 people to 13?

When the disco was cancelled according to Stanton this morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 559 ✭✭✭PostWoke

so, there was a problem with 38 men, but is 13 women seen as better?
    why?

LMAO you for real mate?

Do you wanna talk about how pure numbers are worse for infrastructure, or the gender of almost 100% of violent asylum scamming offenders in this country?
    where are they then?

Clogging up the homeless systems in our cities.

And yes, with my own two peepers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭BarryD2

Seriously, bubbly, having that many people arrive for an indefinite amount of time is a big ask of a community of approximately 100. They’re not tourists so you won’t be flogging Aran jumpers and shillelagh to them.

Where do you get this community of 100? Reported that 50 are protesting today. Are you saying that 1 out of every 2 residents of Keel is out protesting?

Local residents are dispersed through Achill. Yes there are villages but even these are spread out - linear villages mostly. You can go from Keel to Dooagh and hardly realise you are out of one before you're in the next. Quite different population distribution to Oughterard or Ballinamore.

why would they not leave?
    see, two can play that game1:rolleyes:

why did some people get physically deported by Gardai?

Sorry Barry. I dunno where the 100 came from. Was a number I had in my head. I’ll amend my post.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

nuac wrote: »

Nothing racist about Achill concerns and protests

Correct. But o Riordain, RTE, , Duffy, , Charlie Flanagan on RTE this very minute are calling them racist, alt right etc etc.

PostWoke wrote: »
    LMAO you for real mate?

Do you wanna talk about how pure numbers are worse for infrastructure, or the gender of almost 100% of violent asylum scamming offenders in this country?

Clogging up the homeless systems in our cities.

And yes, with my own two peepers.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp5hpi/cp5hpi/nat/

it says here 15% approx of homeless are non nationals. the majority of them are from Europe. so that would not include failed asylum seekers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Correct. But o Riordain, RTE, , Duffy, , Charlie Flanagan on RTE this very minute are calling them racist, alt right etc etc.

Just your typical libtard M.O.

it says here 15% approx of homeless are non nationals.

And I can tell you that number is laughable.

You can discover this too, for yourself.

Visit any soup run in Dublin in the evening, or breakfast and lunch in the Capuchin Centre, and you'll see the reality.

15% lmfao. Your article literally says "Among those that provided a nationality" in the opening line. These people are ghosts for a reason. They ain't telling you anything to remain under the radar.

The next most laughable claim in that 'study' is that UK homeless outnumber Polish. Again, complete hogwash.

• Advertisement

it says here 15% approx of homeless are non nationals. the majority of them are from Europe. so that would not include failed asylum seekers

That report is from 2016, remind me when the "asylum seekers" boats landed?

And I can tell you that number is laughable.

You can discover this too, for yourself.

Visit any soup run in Dublin in the evening, or breakfast and lunch in the Capuchin Centre, and you'll see the reality.

15% lmfao.

ok, so you believe that the people at the soup kitchens are failed asylum seekers, why ?

That report is from 2016, remind me when the "asylum seekers" boats landed?

asylum seekers have been coming to this country for years!
    in the mid 2000s there were hundreds of DP centres

asylum seekers have been coming to this country for years!
    in the mid 2000s there were hundreds of DP centres

lol, yeah right, what total BS

lol, yeah right, what total BS

I'm sorry what?
    are you 12?

ok, so you believe that the people at the soup kitchens are failed asylum seekers, why ?

I don't care what their particular hair splitting status is, I care that they're clogging up homeless services and sponging off the state. If you're going to be a guest of a foreign state, as I have spent many years doing myself, be skilled, working and contributing, as I spent many years doing. You don't get to holiday indefinitely in a foreign state on its' dime. Stop gaming the system, stop disrespecting nations and their people, and the crises they might be facing.

Also yes your stats are well out of date. I see these lads literally taking pictures of the spread on in soup kitchens which to the credit of our wonderful citizens is significant almost every night, and sending them to their mates, inviting them over basically.

Taking pictures how you may ask.

Don't ask me why these individuals have two or three phones, some of them iPhones.

I don't care what their particular hair splitting status is, I care that they're clogging up homeless services and sponging off the state. If you're going to be a guest of a foreign state, as I have spent many years doing myself, be skilled, working and contributing, as I spent many years doing. You don't get to holiday indefinitely in a foreign state on its' dime. Stop gaming the system, stop disrespecting nations and their people, and the crises they might be facing.

Also yes your stats are well out of date. I see these lads literally taking pictures of the spread on in soup kitchens which to the credit of our wonderful citizens is significant almost every night, and sending them to their mates, inviting them over basically.

Taking pictures how you may ask.

Don't ask me why these individuals have two or three phones, some of them iPhones.

OK, so nothing to do with failed asylum seekers then?

two can play that game1:rolleyes:

It's not a game so sorry your not able to back up your claim maybe stop then,
    Why attempt to derail a thread by being childish ?

It's not a game so sorry your not able to back up your claim maybe stop then,
    Why attempt to derail a thread by being childish ?

you made a claim here, you said 58,000 deportation orders were isuued & 58,000 people did not leave.
    so it's up to you to back up YOUR claim

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If posters do not believe what others are saying, then it's fine to ask for backup. However if the poster does not provide backup then please move on. Readers of the threads can make up their own minds on the credentials of posters and any perceived "facts" they spout. There is no point though in going backwards and forwards incessantly on the same points. Please just agree to differ and move on, as if these threads just get stuck in the same ruts they will either be closed or posters will find themselves threadbanned (plus possible additional sanctions)

Advertisement