Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

webpal wrote: »
    If I rent a movie in play store or google play app using 3 credit, can I watch this on smart tv using same app and same log in details? Ive tried casting from phone but not working even though I've connected the two so I don't want to waste credit if it doesn't work

Even easier, if you rent/buy a film through Google Play Store, you can actually watch it through YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I know it might have been mentioned somewhere in this thread before, but seeing as it's that time of the month are there any horror subscriptions you can pay for with Three credit?

Like Shudder or similar?

Might buy a few flicks on Play Store.. but I'd be up for a monthly sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

mrcheez wrote: »
    I know it might have been mentioned somewhere in this thread before, but seeing as it's that time of the month are there any horror subscriptions you can pay for with Three credit?

Like Shudder or similar?

Might buy a few flicks on Play Store.. but I'd be up for a monthly sub.

Shudder is 5e a month from credit.

sweetie wrote: »
    Shudder is 5e a month from credit.

Nice thanks... fingers crossed it works with my Amazon Firestick on the TV

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

green123 wrote: »
    People click to sign up and agree to these messages. Have a read through some of this thread :

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057671152/2/#post111555224

The below just one example taken from this thread :

' I have checked our records against the mobile number below and we can see from our logs that there has been a genuine entry from the mobile phone, please see a brief explanation of how and when this entry occurred below.

• This number was entered into our fitness Portal on the 5th September 2019. This is a one off payment fitness service giving you 28 days access for 20 Euros and further details can be found at http://vfit.guru/home/login ;

• Whilst browsing the internet you will have seen a button that advised ‘Join Now’ to gain access to our Personal Trainer service ‘Your Fitness Guru’, which offers the benefits of using a personal trainer at a fraction of the normal price. It delivers each user a personalised plan, easy to follow workout videos and a recipe book with 50+ healthy meal suggestions. This is clearly stated directly below the submit button along with the charge amount for the service. Once clicked the page refreshed asking you to confirm your entry, again advising the charge amount. This then had a tick displayed to confirm once this had been done, the page refreshed again asking you to continue to the vfitguru website.

Some might willingly sign up to them but plenty don't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Seapoint

Educate Together has been providing equality-based education since 1978 and we’re not done yet! Please help us to continue to grow this #OneDayTogether by donating here - http://ow.ly/tfpI50wSbVc or donate €6 by texting 'EDUCATE' to 50300. Thank you so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

Seapoint wrote: »
    Educate Together has been providing equality-based education since 1978 and we’re not done yet! Please help us to continue to grow this #OneDayTogether by donating here - http://ow.ly/tfpI50wSbVc or donate €6 by texting 'EDUCATE' to 50300. Thank you so much!

:rolleyes:

Nice thanks... fingers crossed it works with my Amazon Firestick on the TV

it casts to my tv fine although the tv app itself won't work for some reason (Sony android tv) I recommend the hellhouse movie trilogy for found footage fans and there's a french tv series 'beyond the walls' that I really enjoyed plus that new Korean zombie movie is very good too. Creepshow too obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

webpal wrote: »
    If I rent a movie in play store or google play app using 3 credit, can I watch this on smart tv using same app and same log in details? Ive tried casting from phone but not working even though I've connected the two so I don't want to waste credit if it doesn't work

Yes. I've rented before on my phone and then watched it through the Play Movies app on my tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭green123

Some might willingly sign up to them but plenty don't.

I disagree.

Another example of someone who firstly says that they never subscribed and know nothing about it.

But then the company prove to them that they have signed up.

"it does look like I might have double clicked their ad....... I unwittingly double clicked
    ........ inadvertently signing up for"

That sums it up perfectly.
    Of course they wouldn't click to agree if they realised what they were clicking on.

I think everyone who has been hit with these messages has clicked to agree.
    I don't like these types of businesses but people need to be more careful about what they click on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Another good possibility for getting signed up is having a rogue App that performs click fraud. Forbes had an article recently about a popular, but rogue app SnapTube that even intercepted the subscription verification SMS messages:
    Upstream’s CEO Guy Krief described SnapTube as “literally a screen for the suspicious background activity. Under test conditions we found not just background advertising click fraud, but also countless examples of users being signed up for premium digital services or subscriptions even when the phone is not in use. No notifications appear on the screen whatsoever and the user has absolutely zero control.”

Upstream says it discovered SnapTube’s activities when the team observed “extremely huge volumes of suspicious transactions originating in multiple countries coming from the same Android application.” The team intercepted “subscription verification SMS messages” being sent to the devices infected with the SnapTube malware—part of the process to fraudulently purchase new subscriptions without any user knowledge.

Fobres article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/zakdoffman/2019/10/18/new-android-warning-40m-users-installed-video-app-hiding-devious-malwaredelete-now/

it casts to my tv fine although the tv app itself won't work for some reason (Sony android tv) I recommend the hellhouse movie trilogy for found footage fans and there's a french tv series 'beyond the walls' that I really enjoyed plus that new Korean zombie movie is very good too. Creepshow too obviously

Well impressed with Shudder! Fire TV native app interface is great as is the content and streaming quality.

That's me sorted for Halloween :)

Adding a monthly NordVPN subscription payable with credit also vastly expands the number of flicks on Shudder

It's not cheap though at 12.99 per month, so the combo of Shudder and VPN becomes €18/month

Any cheaper vpns worth trying (that can be paid using credit)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Adding a monthly NordVPN subscription payable with credit also vastly expands the number of flicks on Shudder

It's not cheap though at 12.99 per month, so the combo of Shudder and VPN becomes €18/month

Any cheaper vpns worth trying (that can be paid using credit)?

PIA is €7.52

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

Any once off payment VPNs by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I've nearly €70 and tried to buy a year of PIA, Google pay says that amount is prohibited by provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭davegilly

Anyone know how to setup the play store to use Vodafone Credit as a payment option?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Vodafone gave me 20e as a gift to use within 28 days.
    I am on an unlimited plan anyhow so I don't know what to use it for.
    Might enter a load of text competitions.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,249 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I've nearly €70 and tried to buy a year of PIA, Google pay says that amount is prohibited by provider.

I assume you're with vodafone?
    Worked for me last year with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭go4it

from what i remember, there's a maximum limit of 30euro per transaction and about 200e per month ( not sure if there's a maximum number of transactions per week/month , just to stop kids accidentally buying in app levels/cheats with parent's money )
    it's almost impossible to find info on the subject, but looking at VDF uk might shine some light...

• Advertisement

go4it wrote: »
    from what i remember, there's a maximum limit of 30euro per transaction and about 200e per month ( not sure if there's a maximum number of transactions per week/month , just to stop kids accidentally buying in app levels/cheats with parent's money )

That's for vodafone.
    I'm with 3 and just got Shudder for a year, €47.88.

My VPN will renew in 10 days for €43.30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Looking for a good password manager that can work with Vodafone's transaction limit. 1Password and LastPass both are annual only and well over €30.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Looking for a good password manager that can work with Vodafone's transaction limit. 1Password and LastPass both are annual only and well over €30.

Keepass is free and has versions for Windows, android, Mac and iPhone.

F1ngers wrote: »
    That's for vodafone.
    I'm with 3 and just got Shudder for a year, €47.88.

My VPN will renew in 10 days for €43.30.

What VPN do you use?

What VPN do you use?

PIA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,007 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

My number is due to port tomorrow, is there anyway I can skip the free trial with PIA :)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

PIA.

I have a credit card payment method for PIA.. Any idea how I can update top carrier billing, no options in the app and online I can only update a different card or paypal.. ?

Or should I take out a new subscription altogether ?

I have a credit card payment method for PIA.. Any idea how I can update top carrier billing, no options in the app and online I can only update a different card or paypal.. ?

Or should I take out a new subscription altogether ?

Don't know if this will work, cancel sub, delete and reinstall app.
    Might give you the option to pay with credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Genghis wrote: »

LastPass Free works fine for me, not sure what extra you get by paying for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

Don't know if this will work, cancel sub, delete and reinstall app.
    Might give you the option to pay with credit.

Clearing cache and app data, then uninstall, doesn't seem to clear the account data on the phone. Will try setting up on a new device and go from there

Advertisement